New Member Introductions thread
Feb 10, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #5,026 of 15,595
  Hi All, I am DenimCord, as the name suggests i am a denim jeans lover and I know how to play violin and guitar, so i think i basically always have some cords with me.

I start this music passion when i was in 10th grade, I was studying in Hong Kong and due to a lot of busses and trains, hi-fi stuffs are very popular in HK. So I start my journey with a Paris company called Atomh, I got a bookshelf speaker and pick up an amp and cd-player and off i go. At the same time, my family is moving to a new place, so I got their permission to give my house a huge hifi renovation --  to make a powerful theatre. I learnt a lot from it and big things are harder to upgrade as my parents don't really know what is the point of upgrading, they will think that system is sufficient and everything are still fine.

So it drives me into a new world, the in-ear monitor!! I know that it might seem weird that my journey is the other way around, i think most people will go into the in-ear first then the big speakers, but i was very young that time and i have a bigger dream later for my future home, so my home and bedroom hifi setup are basically still the same. I got my first Westone UM3X and iPod classic after I know they would not allow me to do any upgrade and i suddenly awake and think why i got ****ty music quality when I'm on the go. So the trusty Westone lasts me until last year, and i change my dap from ipod classic to fiio X5 and to the AK JR, and my in-ear is the Livezone R41 LZ2 universal fit. Currently ordering the custom art ei3 and i simply can't wait. 

I was a long time member from the well-known forum in HK-- Post76 for a long while, and I'm studying in US for a couple years, so I'm kind of curious what will the new suggestions will i get. I can't wait to share more with you guys. And to whoever takes the time to read this long introduction thread, I hope down the road we will meet again in another threads. Thank you.

Welcome, @DenimCord! We are very, very sorry about your wallet.  ---)

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #5,027 of 15,595

Thanks!

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #5,028 of 15,595
Hi:

My name is axelar65 and I am a "flat earther" in all things technical. I recently purchased a Astell & Kern AK240 DAP. Having a large classical CD collection, I also purchased an AK Ripper to rip cd's to my 240. My problem is the metadata. As any classical listener will tell you, there are multiple iteration of the same music and/or the same cd to pick from. Putting my 12 cd box of Mozart piano concertos into my AK240 using the AK Ripper was a disaster since the Gracenotes metadata often did not match. I guess I need some kind of tagging suite to clean up everything but I know nothing about tagging or even if it will work with my AK240. I have a PC with Windows 10 so, if tagging is possible, I got a chance.

I signed up with Head-Fi hoping I can get some help. Thank You

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #5,029 of 15,595
Hey I'm waveformjunkie! I particularly love producing electronic music on headphones, even though my producer friends think I'm nuts for doing so! My mixes/masters are better than theirs anyway so they can shove it! I hope to find some new knowledge and maybe even make a few friends on this forum.

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #5,030 of 15,595
  Hey I'm waveformjunkie! I particularly love producing electronic music on headphones, even though my producer friends think I'm nuts for doing so! My mixes/masters are better than theirs anyway so they can shove it! I hope to find some new knowledge and maybe even make a few friends on this forum.

Cool. Do you have a place we can listen to your music? I'm a fan of Electronic music, so I'd love to hear yours

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #5,031 of 15,595
Hi! I'm tutems from the Philippines. I currently have iBasso dx80 + xduoo xd-05, Trinity Audio Atlas, AKG K553 Pro, and AKG K7XX, but I still consider my self a newbie and I definitely have soooo much to learn.

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #5,034 of 15,595
Hi all,

I've been browsing the forums now for a few years, but never thought to make an account and join until now. I've been involved in music for years, both as a performer (not currently) and as a consumer. I'm classically trained as a pianist, violist, and vocalist as a lyric baritone. Currently, I only really play for fun rather than for recital/concert/stage, but still love music. As a consumer, I probably have music playing almost every waking moment that I can be.

At home, I'm currently running this chain: PC - Schiit Bifrost Multibit (Bimby) - Schiit Jotunheim - Audeze El-8 Open-backed (2016 revision)/Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart. The Schiit stack is great for slotting right under my monitor, and there's definitely some appeal to the industrial design. 

When I'm out, I'm using the Astell & Kern AK70 with Alclair Reference CIEMs. It's certainly not as resolving as my home setup, but it's a nice, and small, bundle that I can take with me pretty much anywhere.

Cheers!

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #5,035 of 15,595
  Hi all,

I've been browsing the forums now for a few years, but never thought to make an account and join until now. I've been involved in music for years, both as a performer (not currently) and as a consumer. I'm classically trained as a pianist, violist, and vocalist as a lyric baritone. Currently, I only really play for fun rather than for recital/concert/stage, but still love music. As a consumer, I probably have music playing almost every waking moment that I can be.

At home, I'm currently running this chain: PC - Schiit Bifrost Multibit (Bimby) - Schiit Jotunheim - Audeze El-8 Open-backed (2016 revision)/Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart. The Schiit stack is great for slotting right under my monitor, and there's definitely some appeal to the industrial design. 

When I'm out, I'm using the Astell & Kern AK70 with Alclair Reference CIEMs. It's certainly not as resolving as my home setup, but it's a nice, and small, bundle that I can take with me pretty much anywhere.

Cheers!

Welcome, Fred! We are very sorry about your wallet.  ---)

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #5,036 of 15,595
Hello everyone! New member here. I'm a newbie when it comes to mid to high end audio. For years I have listened to my music using the earbuds that came with my phones and my trusty Xiaomi Piston 2.0, and for wireless I have been using my Logitech H600 at work and a Philips SHB3060 at home (a present from my wife).

Near the end of 2016 I managed to buy the LG V20 and read about its audio capabilities so I started reading about and exploring better earphones/headphones, plus it came with a B&O headset that sounded quite good. In the last two months, I have purchased a handful of (still cheap but supposedly an upgrade) earphones/headphones to try if I can actually hear any difference with the previous equipment I have been using. I have purchased 2 VE Monk Plus earbuds. The black/clear one I am using regularly, the royal purple one was burned in by a friend last week and I think the bass actually improved. I also have a VE Monk Plus Espresso on the way.

I also purchased an Ausdom M08. This one sounds good and has great battery life, but I find to be not very comfortable in terms of heat buildup around the ears. I'm currently experimenting with different earpads to make it more comfortable.

Finally I have a Superlux HD681 EVO in transit, and coming in a few days. Hopefully that one is good.

All my purchases are below $50 at this time, which is the limit I have set for myself for now.

Maybe in a couple of months I will be ready to dive into the more expensive equipment, maybe into the $100 to $300 dollar range.

Anyway, I'll continue to read more reviews here in the forums, and watch more video reviews on Youtube.

Have a great day everyone!

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #5,037 of 15,595
Hi everyone! I've been a long time lurker for years. Finally got to create an account a year ago but never bothered logging in ever since. Currently in college and finally saved enough to buy my first set of good gear, and with my gear I could finally join the conversations instead of the guy reading impressions of other people!

I'm looking forward to joining future discussions, and have a great day everyone!

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #5,038 of 15,595
Hello everyone!

New guy here, decided to get an account here since almost all my questions where redirected to here :).

I am new to this area but have always loved music and decided to buy HD 598's a couple of years ago. Hopefully I will get some insight about a future purchase here.

Feb 13, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #5,039 of 15,595
Hi everyone!
I was never into headphones even after I bought an HD800 a few years back. Mostly used them for critical listening and when I could not run my loudspeaker rig. Now listening to the music is becoming more "personal" for me for various reasons. So looking forward to many exciting options and opinions.

Feb 13, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #5,040 of 15,595
  Hi everyone!
I was never into headphones even after I bought an HD800 a few years back. Mostly used them for critical listening and when I could not run my loudspeaker rig. Now listening to the music is becoming more "personal" for me for various reasons. So looking forward to many exciting options and opinions.

Welcome @michkhol! We are so sorry about your wallet...  ---)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back