New Member Introductions thread
Feb 14, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #5,041 of 15,539
Hi I'm Wayne,

I am looking for advice on what over ear headphones to purchase and would appreciate any help you guys can offer please.

Looking for wireless/bluetooth whichever may be best for my requirements, I would like to use them for Movies and Music alike and require the ability for 2 sets to work from one transmitter so myself and my brother can watch or listen to the same movie or music at the same time. Also would like digital surround ability unless you guys advise against for any reason.

I was looking at the Sony MDR-DS6500's but sony told me only able to transmit to one set of headphones from a single receiver and also looked at Bluedio Victory bluetooth but really not sure and this is going to be a large financial investment!!

Many thanks :)

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #5,042 of 15,539
Hi every one,

I'm Bastien from France.

I love making my favorite material unique. I've already custom headphones and still doing it (in my hands there is now a focal listen).

I alos enjoy watching movies, playing fps, mtbiking, ...

Currently my portable set up is :

headphones
- focal listen (customising it)
- Essentiel b R'nB custom
- V-MODA Crossfade LP 2 Black (custom)
- AKG K 451 
ine ear
- trinity phantom sabre (custom 2.5 trrs cable)
- onkyo em700
- V-MODA LH608
DAP
- Fiio X1 1st
- Aune m1s

Thanks for all.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #5,043 of 15,539
I am moving from an all tube (phono/pre/power) CD and T/T system to a Ragnarok/Mani CD and T/T system. I have kept my CD player, loudspeakers (94dBw) and T/T. I have just rewired my Sennheiser HD600 for balanced working (4 pin Male XLR) and was absolutely gob-smacked when I listened for the first time. The sound was so open, clean and three dimensional. I have read some comments about balanced working not being worth it...I have to say the difference is night and day for me. This is with a stock Sennheiser cable re-terminated...nothing fancy. The cans are 17 years old and lightly used. Why would I notice such a difference?

Regards  Geoff

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #5,045 of 15,539
Hi guys, I'm Vince!

Been scrolling about Headfi for a year now, but always too timid to ask or respond to any of the posts.

My collection started with a pair of Sony XBA 100 that my dad got me as a present. It sounded just like how it looked, quite badass. I then transitioned slowly from iem to iem.

Collection so far:
Sony XBA 100
Vsonic VSD3S
ATH IM50

Now using:
Alpha & Delta AD01 (on the go)
Superlux HD 668b (at home)
Both always attached to my Fiio E11K amp

I am looking for an upgrade soon though so looks like more scrolling through headfi for me XD

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #5,047 of 15,539

​Hello Everybody,

I'm Sateesh, so glad to be here. I have extensively used Head-Fi for buying headphones, earphones, IEMs, speakers, DAPs and AMPs. Finally I decided to register and contribute.

Current gear:

Sennheiser HD 650
iFi iDSD Micro BL
FiiO X5 2nd gen

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #5,048 of 15,539
 Hi everyone!

After some cross reading the forums here I was very pleased with all the nice users and content, I finally decided to register. I´m a mechanical engineer from south Germany, working in the automobile branche. Therefore, my main Hobby is a 1987 Toyota I´m building up, but I also like having a Hobby that doesn´t require hard work outside the living rooms. To grant me that I was in the 3D printing and RC multicopter scene for a few years, too. But I can´t do this anymore, since it requires quite some space my daughter has better need of now.

I´m using headphones at home for nearly all my "electronic entertainment" and got myself some ATH M50s a few years ago. Mostly because I don´t have any sources that could feed better ones. But even those headphones showed me, that there´s some ... sry, I don´t know how to write this in English, but I guess, you all know what I mean :D   it was like only knowing and driving Lada all my life and suddenly switching to BMW... me wants mooar!

So I decided to buy an amp for the M50s and maybe for upgrading them later to something better. But during my search I realised that there´s nothing useful in my price range of <300€. That lead to the decision to build my own. I know that this will cost a lot more than 300, but now it´s labeled as "hobby project (with benefits)" and not "another bought gadget", what makes it totally reasonable for me :p Also, I always wanted to go deeper into electronics and it´s a "hobby" that can be stowed away in a few boxes and doesn´t go south when not attended weekly.

Right now I´m done with the BOM for an M³ with PSU and DAC (in one enclosure) and started ordering parts. It will take some more months until it´s finished and I don´t know what´ll come after. But I already saw that I can learn a lot from you and the forum and hope I can give something back sometimes!

cheers
Tyan

Gday Tyan, I am half German myself, but call Australia home. That sounds like an amazing project! You certainly have the skill set to become a headphone manufacturer in your own right. 3D printing, German engineering qualifications... take care and enjoy HeadFi - awesome community. Julian

Feb 16, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #5,049 of 15,539
Hello everyone.

I want to first start off by saying I know nothing about being an audiophile... Lol. But I love listening to music at a high level. Hope I can get some suggestions and tips on how to make my music better than it is!

Feb 16, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #5,050 of 15,539
A friendly hello to every head-fi-ist around!

I'm Chris from Vienna and I've been an avid head-fi lurker for years now. Being a social education worker in Austria comes with the downside of having a very limited budget. That's why I'm always on the lookout for 2nd hand hardware bargains. My current hardware (all 2nd hand) consists of a Sennheiser HD650 (absolutely love them for any kind of music and they're clearly my best pair for classic music), a beyerdynamic DT990 Pro (packs a nice punch, superb with rock music), AKG K702 (very fine three-dimensional sound), KOSS Sporta Pro and Porta Pro, Jabra Revo and Rox wireless (bloated bass and cloudy sound yet bloody awesome with EDM), Ultrasone HFI-780 (due to relatively sharp treble mainly used for watching movies) and some other headgear.

I'm using a Destiny Audio headphone tube DAC as headphone amp, which performs admirably despite its low price tag.

Right on top of my wanted list there's an Audioquest NightHawk and eventually a Sennheiser HD800s, both of which I've listened to for many hours as well as a Hifiman Edition X, just to be able to call a pair of magnetostats my own. Also there's an Astell&Kern Jr. on my wishlist. So, as you can see, having ten or so cans does not mean one should stop buying more on the way to the hifi gods.

Best,
Chris aka Libertango

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #5,052 of 15,539
Hello all, amateur here who picked up a set of IE80s. Love what I've heard so far and am looking forward to the fun (and probably expensive) hobby of expanding my ears!

I come from the knife collecting background, and am excited to learn, experience, and share!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #5,053 of 15,539
Hello all, amateur here who picked up a set of IE80s. Love what I've heard so far and am looking forward to the fun (and probably expensive) hobby of expanding my ears!

I come from the knife collecting background, and am excited to learn, experience, and share!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the madness... I am new here as well... beware, this is very addictive! Lol

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #5,054 of 15,539
Hi,

Complete newbie who just brought my their first pair of decent headphones. Looking forward to learning new things, sharing and appreciating my music/audio a whole lot more!

Nice to meet you all.

Take care.

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #5,055 of 15,539
Hello all,

I've been in the shadows for awhile trying to learn new things. Took a mech class with a teacher who was very into head-fi, and it seemed so interesting that I somehow got sucked in as well. Just made my first big purchase, and I'm looking forward to its arrival. Not sure how much I'll be posting but I thought I'd introduce myself here. Nice to meet you all!

--
Kai

Users who are viewing this thread

Back