New Member Introductions thread
Jan 5, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #4,831 of 15,646
Hey you beautiful people, thanks for helping me make my first step into the audio world!
I am kinda a sucker for Little dot now and I ADORE my MK II, HD 600 combo I got going. Ill also get a I+ soon, so that I finally have a stationary amp for bed and don't have to carry my precious little bud all around the house :D

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #4,832 of 15,646
I've been watching Head-Fi on Youtube for a while already, and occasionally browsed the forums via Google searches. Figured I should create an account already.

Not much of an audiophile. M50X + Asus U7 + Apple Music is all there is to my setup.

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #4,834 of 15,646
Hi folks--just joined up, thank you for allowing me to do so. 
smily_headphones1.gif
  I recently purchased a set of Panasonic HX-650's after seeing the box with it's "Audiophile" moniker--listened a bit and was really impressed with them.   My wife promptly confiscated them.  I now have on order a pair of import HX 700's,  which appear to be the same with the bio-cellulose, (almost typed cellulite) hoping they are as good as the 650's are.  Previously have only used cheapie cheapie Sony's, but the Panny's ruined me and do so led me here. 

I'm kind of a low-rent audiophile,  always looking for bang-for-the-buck equipment.  My living room setup consists of a Yamaha HT receiver (pre-hdmi),  a PC jukebox with FLAC deep cut rock tunes mostly, along with Enya, Ceredwen, and all that kind of new age stuff.  My babies are my DCM Timeframe 600's,  picked up used from a fella in Atlanta--I loooove my DCM's! 

Hope to continue reading your postings and reviews--thank you! 

Greetings from Center Point Alabama!

Rob

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #4,835 of 15,646
Hi everyone, after lurking in the shadows for a while decided to sign up. Planning on getting my first set of open backed headphones along with an amp or amp/dac! So far the advice on the site has been very useful. looking forward to making the jump to audiophile headphones.

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #4,836 of 15,646
Howdy Y'all!!!

Despite the threat of a deep south G'day..
I am actually from the South..Australia.
All in a bit of humour... All audiophiles are alright by me 
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone who cares about quality enough to contribute to this site clearly is a good person.

Anyway enough of the stereotyping
wink_face.gif
 ..hehe

I have been reading a lot of these threads for quite some time... trying to glean some knowledge.
Have always considered that quality of sound is so important..
And what you good people contribute here makes what can be daunting...A little easier.

Thank you for allowing me to join in.

My HD600's and I will thank you.
My wallet will curse me......

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #4,837 of 15,646
Hi from Europe,

I registered for a long time but was only reading and making few trades. Guess it's time to step off the shadows. I'm mostly a commuting audiophile with a zx1/u6 adel-spirit classic set-up. At home I love my HD600.
I'm not very interested in specs and technology as long as my music sounds good !

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #4,838 of 15,646
Droptop here!

​Just getting into high end headphones- been lugging around my classic stereo equipment for well over a decade (ESS 1B "bookshelf" speakers, new-to-me recapped Marantz 1060 amplifier, onkyo record player and about 200 records. Currently looking for a set of headphones for my desk job, that can also be powered by my Marantz at home. Leaning towards the DT770/80 ohm, haven't heard one but used my friend's AT m50 and they were pretty good, looking for all day comfort. Will be powered by a work computer (mini-desktop), so a USB DAC/amp is probably in the works down the line. I have considered wireless as well, but don't really need it at this time since I will be at the computer, and I have always wanted a little tube amp, so "needing" a reason for a tube headphone amp doesn't bother me at all.

Learned a lot from these forums already, decided to join the community!

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #4,839 of 15,646
Hello.

Headphone lover that has browsed the forums for many years and finally decided to create an account.

I started with HD-598's and quickly moved on to HD650 and haven't looked back. I recently upgraded my Shiit MM stack to Modi 2 multibit and Magni 2 Uber and currently "testing" HE-400s which only hooked me further into the hole... My wallet is definitely taking a beating but I love music and can't stop looking for the perfect match. I'm definitely eying the LCD2's. :)

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #4,840 of 15,646
Hi there~ Im ikumiku96 (well, just gone by my err, game name) and although im relatively new in head-fi forum, i do get some infos about headphones from head-fi. had questions later so thats why i joined the forum

Im not gonna claim as an audiophile cuz im not using any flagship headphones.
but what i have and currently as my daily headphone,

Philips SHM7110 (bought it since 2011. was kinda a punchy sub-bass and clarity person that time and this headphone was sold to me with some equalizer tweak for extra impact.)
weirdly enough, what makes me kept my headphone (and diy maintain) till now, i just cant find any headphone (mid range and below i mean, i guess below USD90) that can replace mine, especially by the sound signature my headphone gave to me. i do thought that my headphone isnt original or refubrished ver. or i think is just the burn-in effect for the 4-5 years? (gonna post a topic about a good replacement later)

for loudspeaker
Sony STR-K670P (5.1ch Home Theater system)
(i just really like the ProLogic MS mode for music for the sound stage feeling)

so, with the avatar pic i have, yes, i do and fav listening J-Pop and some japanese songs (Vocaloid the most) but recently i've been listening to most retro era musics, like The Beetles, Pink Floyd, Queen, AC DC and also songs like Daft Punk, deadmau5 and fav more to some acoustic songs. so im pretty mixed kinda listener.

dream headphone to get, Sennheiser HD 650, Beyerdynamic DT 770 HD. target, open-based headphone like Sennheiser HD 518, Beyerdynamic DTX 910.
headphone tried so far (with amp if necessary), Beyerdynamic DTX 710, DTX 910, DT 770 HD and DTX 350p, Sennheiser HD 598 and Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear, Sony MDR-1A, MDR-100AAP (was targeted this but seems like my own is a tad better for me) and other low-end Sony, Audio Techica ATX-M40x (my friend's), ATX-M20x, ATX-M30x and ATX-M50x. (also did other brand but cnat remember the model...)

sorry for long description by the way.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #4,841 of 15,646
NotSoTastyPi:

Try those JAN 5654's in the Little Dot.  Also try a Moon Audio Black Dragon for your HD 600's.  You will hear a difference.

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #4,842 of 15,646
Hello. Been into audio for a long time - was a musician/recording artist in a past life. Now, mostly listen to CD and Vinyl on my various home Hi-Fi setups. Recently getting into headphones a little bit, and ordered a portable DAP/Amp (Walnut V2). I'd like to post pics of my stuff and the Walnut when it arrives, but as of now, the site won't let me. When does the permissions thing change?

Thanks!

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #4,843 of 15,646
Hey,

I'm Nick. I got into the Audiophile world last year when I bought the Sennheiser Hd598s, a huge upgrade from my beats mixr, but a little lacking on the bass, fine by me though. I then bought a fiio e6 because I felt lIke I had to because my phone wasnt powerful enough to drive them, I'd constantly be on full volume, but I'm really glad I bought it. It gives me a bit more bass and volume, and that's helpful. I plan to buy the ODAC and OAMP and then the HD600s next.

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #4,844 of 15,646
Hello!

Richard here! I am a piano major, so I do studio recordings. I am a BIG fan of IEMs. Have a pair of XBA-Z5 and IE 80. Listen to mostly classical. Have a TASCAM UH-7000 as interface. Recently got a pair of SE 535 and didn't like the fit of it (it hurts after ~30 mins of listening), so probably going to sell them very soon.

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #4,845 of 15,646
Also if you are looking for a Great Portable Amp the iFi Nano is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back