New Member Introductions thread
Nov 16, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #4,576 of 15,609
Hey all 
redface.gif

After I enjoyed so many reviews and discussions on this page as a silent reader, I decided to take the next step and be part of this community.

I am >22 years old,  from Germany and into hifi for about 4 years now. I am not looking for the high-end-gear because I would never be able to buy one of those, but I think that there is also a lot of nice stuff in the mid-fi-section. Currently I am a proud owner of a Sennheiser HD650 (2 1/2 years old) and a Hifiman HE-400i (3 month old). They are powered by an O2+ODac-combo and this works quite well for me. I also had the chance to listen to an AKG K712Pro, AKG K550, Beyerdynamic DT770, DT880, DT990, T90, Shure SRH840 and a Sennheiser HD700. I think I am not into a dead-neutral / analytical / flat sound signature - I might prefer a bit of warmth and bassement (without beeing a basshead 
biggrin.gif
 ) yet clarity.
I am looking forward to get a few hints how I could improve my listening experience, share my own experience and be a part of the community 
beerchug.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #4,577 of 15,609
Howdy everyone. I'm a long time lurker, but never posted before today. Probably should have done this much earlier.

I've acquired a pile of headphones, amplifiers, and DACs over the past three years. Much of it from reviews and advice from posts on this forum. My primary phones I have acquired are Beyerdynamic T1, DT-990 Pro, and T51p, Fostex TH-900 and TH-X00, Audeze LCD 2, Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless and a pile of lesser quality headphones especially for recording booths etc. Amplifiers are a bit smaller list Woo Audio WA7 fireflies, Beyerdynamic A2, Fostex HP-A4, Violectric HPA V200, Schiit Valhalla (1st Gen). My interest in IEMs has't been very high, but I was able to snag a pair of Shure SE846s for a fantastic deal and like them quite a bit. Unfortunately I wear Apple's Earpods much more than the Sure IEMs for convenience, primarily for podcasts and voice calls.

I plan to add my $0.02 on these products and other items I plan on acquiring. Namely the Sennheiser HD800s, which should be a treat. 

I would also like to thank Jude and everyone at Head-Fi for their years and years of discussion that helped me get into and understand this weird but highly enjoyable hobby. 

Nov 16, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #4,579 of 15,609
  Howdy everyone. I'm a long time lurker, but never posted before today. Probably should have done this much earlier.

I've acquired a pile of headphones, amplifiers, and DACs over the past three years. Much of it from reviews and advice from posts on this forum. My primary phones I have acquired are Beyerdynamic T1, DT-990 Pro, and T51p, Fostex TH-900 and TH-X00, Audeze LCD 2, Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless and a pile of lesser quality headphones especially for recording booths etc. Amplifiers are a bit smaller list Woo Audio WA7 fireflies, Beyerdynamic A2, Fostex HP-A4, Violectric HPA V200, Schiit Valhalla (1st Gen). My interest in IEMs has't been very high, but I was able to snag a pair of Shure SE846s for a fantastic deal and like them quite a bit. Unfortunately I wear Apple's Earpods much more than the Sure IEMs for convenience, primarily for podcasts and voice calls.

I plan to add my $0.02 on these products and other items I plan on acquiring. Namely the Sennheiser HD800s, which should be a treat. 

I would also like to thank Jude and everyone at Head-Fi for their years and years of discussion that helped me get into and understand this weird but highly enjoyable hobby. 

How would you say you have enjoyed your Violectric HPA V200? I am currently looking for an amp upgrade for my HD800's and I have heard that it pairs quite well with that amp. Also if you have used that amp with iem's how was that experience? I have heard comments about the "pitch blackness" of the Lake People G109-P which is somewhat similar to the V200 so I'm wondering if the same would apply to that amp. 

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #4,582 of 15,609
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum... all the way from Melbourne Australia! 
I don't plan on starting any new threads but I thought I'd say hello!
I will possibly contribute to the Darkvoice and HE-500 (w/alpha pads) threads in the near future :)

Just want to thank everyone on this forum for making it "easier" to get into the hobby with all the information that can be found on here.
Cheers!!! ya'll are awesome!!!
Jaycee

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #4,583 of 15,609
Hello to all, 

My name is Erik , and i have been a long time follower of the site. I have an audio addiction also . 

Looking forward to interacting , and expanding my knowledge through the experiences, and support of others.

Thanks Erik

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #4,584 of 15,609
  Hey all 
redface.gif

After I enjoyed so many reviews and discussions on this page as a silent reader, I decided to take the next step and be part of this community.

I am >22 years old,  from Germany and into hifi for about 4 years now. I am not looking for the high-end-gear because I would never be able to buy one of those, but I think that there is also a lot of nice stuff in the mid-fi-section. Currently I am a proud owner of a Sennheiser HD650 (2 1/2 years old) and a Hifiman HE-400i (3 month old). They are powered by an O2+ODac-combo and this works quite well for me. I also had the chance to listen to an AKG K712Pro, AKG K550, Beyerdynamic DT770, DT880, DT990, T90, Shure SRH840 and a Sennheiser HD700. I think I am not into a dead-neutral / analytical / flat sound signature - I might prefer a bit of warmth and bassement (without beeing a basshead 
biggrin.gif
 ) yet clarity.
I am looking forward to get a few hints how I could improve my listening experience, share my own experience and be a part of the community 
beerchug.gif

​Welcome! I'm new also.  Sounds like we have similar taste in sound signature.  Which do you prefer between DT770, DT880, and DT990?

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #4,585 of 15,609

​Welcome! I'm new also.  Sounds like we have similar taste in sound signature.  Which do you prefer between DT770, DT880, and DT990?

Hey :)
As I remember, I think the DT770 or DT880 would be my choice. I don't really like the highs on the Beyerdynamic headphones overall. Thats why I don't own one. But the DT770 has a good low end and with some EQ the highs are not too accentuated. But I would say that without an EQ the DT880s are better in terms of highs. They also have a peak, but it's not as annoying (just a personal perception!) as the peak on the DT770.
But besides the sound: I don't like the comfort of the Beyerdynamics at all. The overall clamping force of the cans and the fit of the earcups are good, but I had a hotspot on the headband on every Beyerdynamic I tried (maybe it's just my weird head).

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #4,586 of 15,609
Hello I'm Guido form Italy.
Play Guitars for fuma, jazz and blues.
I have pc with USB REM BABYFACE PRO, Schiit Magni 2 and Akg 240 mk2, previous sas Sennheiser HD380 pro.
Liste jazz and blues over 4vall

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #4,587 of 15,609
  Music is why I'm here and why I buy this stuff after all. :)

I think once every week or so I buy a handfull of CDs, whereas I buy every few years a new hifi gear. 

The HD800 are stunning. I upgraded mine from the HD650. In the next weeks I'll get my WA6, so I think it's a good pair, since the HD800 are really bright in some situations. 

I personally like the moment when the headphones get invisible and I don't feel them anymore. That's something not even my HD650 could do (and they are a true winner in beeing snugly)

Yes on the comfort! HD800's are one headphone that I really don't fear being too small for my massive ears.

Nov 17, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #4,590 of 15,609
Hello,

My name is David Baldock, and I've been a Forum member since May of 2016.

I see in my user profile that there's a link to click for my "Reviews", of which there are currently none.
It's a bit confusing trying to figure out where to start, on the Head-Fi website or in the Forums, to begin posting reviews.
Is there a FAQ or Primer Post, with instructions for writing equipment reviews?

Thanks,
David Baldock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back