New Member Introductions thread
Jun 21, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #3,766 of 15,585
Welcome everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Today is Head-Fi's 15th birthday, and - whilst I cannot offer you any cake, discount codes or otherwise, I can offer you greetings of the day!

Thanks for the Head-Fi's Up

Happy Head-Fiers Day
beerchug.gif

Jun 22, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #3,767 of 15,585
Hello all!  New to the hifi world.  Had a Hifiman HE-400s for a few months then bought Lyr 2.... a week later bought a bifrost multi.... a few days after that... tubes.... then a wyrd....  I know, I know - lots of Schiit products.  Couldn't help myself!  After going and listening to more headphones,  I ended up with an Audeze LCD X now.  I joined because I heard this place is for people who are in denial that they have an addiction?

Jun 22, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #3,768 of 15,585
Hi there,

My name is Daniel and currently the newest new member! I've decided to sign up with Head-Fi as I'd like to expand my audible horizons. Ever since I was a child I could listen to 'sound scapes' for hours straight. It wasn't until I heard 'Tha' by Aphex Twin (please don't judge me by the choice of music back then!) that I discovered a rave like track playing in the background that I otherwise had never heard before! It therefore truly was a discovery and I learned that there's much more to discover through careful and almost immersive listening. So, I guess I've always appreciated audio and have through the years, developed more of a 'higher quality' sense in both reproduction and recording of sound. The excitement wore off for a bit but as of lately, there's a hunkering for hi-fi again!

Albums I've truly enjoyed so far:
Alber Rubarth - Sessions from the 17th Ward
Ana Caram - Blue Bossa
Eric Clapton - MTV Unplugged
Schola Cantorum - Hymn to the Virgin

I've just finished an education program, therefore don't have the dispensable income at the moment for an entire hi-fi stereo setup, but I thought an introductory 'open design' headphone with an amp/dac would be a very nice option for the time being. Just today I saw there are some new formats on the market, think of DSD ... got some reading up to do and hope to learn more from you here at Head-Fi!

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #3,769 of 15,585
  Hi there,

My name is Daniel and currently the newest new member! I've decided to sign up with Head-Fi as I'd like to expand my audible horizons. Ever since I was a child I could listen to 'sound scapes' for hours straight. It wasn't until I heard 'Tha' by Aphex Twin (please don't judge me by the choice of music back then!) that I discovered a rave like track playing in the background that I otherwise had never heard before! It therefore truly was a discovery and I learned that there's much more to discover through careful and almost immersive listening. So, I guess I've always appreciated audio and have through the years, developed more of a 'higher quality' sense in both reproduction and recording of sound. The excitement wore off for a bit but as of lately, there's a hunkering for hi-fi again!

Albums I've truly enjoyed so far:
Alber Rubarth - Sessions from the 17th Ward
Ana Caram - Blue Bossa
Eric Clapton - MTV Unplugged
Schola Cantorum - Hymn to the Virgin

I've just finished an education program, therefore don't have the dispensable income at the moment for an entire hi-fi stereo setup, but I thought an introductory 'open design' headphone with an amp/dac would be a very nice option for the time being. Just today I saw there are some new formats on the market, think of DSD ... got some reading up to do and hope to learn more from you here at Head-Fi!

Welcome!  I am definitely jealous for the background you have.  Definitely gives you a better ability to detect nuances than I!

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #3,770 of 15,585
Hello,

I am a computer science student who has recently become interested in higher quality sound. Since I'm a college student with a fairly small budget, I decided to start off small. I purchased the Ultrasone Pro 900s and a FiiO E17K Alpen 2 portable DAC/AMP. They both work well and I am happy with my purchases. I look forward to being a part of this community!

Some of my favorite songs:

You Can Do better Than Drums - Dert
Primul fragment - Hubert Daviz
Intro - Bahwee
Essential Oils - Juj
Words Are For Free - Dert

Jun 22, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #3,771 of 15,585
hi guys im new here 
first of all sorry for my english my grammar is not good 
biggrin.gif

i want to know where can i post about my question or is it ok to post it here?? anyway im going to post it here.. i will delete it if needed...

my sources : sky vega r3, samsung note3, and ipod nano 4th gen 8gb
my iem's : tennmak pro, auglamour r1, ve monk+ and faaeal earbuds..

what is compatible amp/dac that can maximize and to have better sound quality on my sources? 

Jun 22, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #3,772 of 15,585
  hi guys im new here 
first of all sorry for my english my grammar is not good 
biggrin.gif

i want to know where can i post about my question or is it ok to post it here?? anyway im going to post it here.. i will delete it if needed...

my sources : sky vega r3, samsung note3, and ipod nano 4th gen 8gb
my iem's : tennmak pro, auglamour r1, ve monk+ and faaeal earbuds..

what is compatible amp/dac that can maximize and to have better sound quality on my sources? 

Just a FYI, when posting a question like that it is a great gesture to say how much you are willing to spend. So if you could put a dollar amount that would be great.

Jun 22, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #3,773 of 15,585
Howdy. I've had a Grado 325e and Fiio X5/E12 setup for a couple years and I'm finally looking to upgrade and get more of a permanent setup going. So many options! I'm probably going to build an amp or just go the lazy route with a M9xx. 

Jun 22, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #3,776 of 15,585
Hey guys!  Brand new to the Hi-Fi world, finally got fed up with junky quality gaming headsets and cheap desktop speakers.  Music (specifically Metal) is a huge part of my life, I've been playing guitar for a decade and have built a few of my own guitars in the past.  Growing up I would listen to my parents vinyl collection and have since started my own, but hardly listen to them due to lack of good gear!  I'm a big fan of DIY and plan on building myself a few amps and DACs, but I joined up to get some recommendations on where to start in regards to headphones.

Some of my favorite albums:
Colors and Parallax 2 by Between the Buried and Me
Volition by Protest the Hero
Joy of Motion by Animals as Leaders
Echoes of Battle by Caladan Brood
Focus by Cynic
Manipulator by The Fall of Troy
Portal of I by Ne Obliviscaris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back