New Member Introductions thread
May 14, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #3,646 of 15,610
Hi all, I'm new here! :)

My config:

Desktop PC with Ubuntu Studio Linux ⇨ ncmpcpp MPD player ⇨ Klotz USB ⇨ TEAC UD-301 DSD DAC ⇨ Cordial RCA ⇨ Behringer MS 40 Monitors + IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155
Headphones: HiFiMAN HE400S, Takstar TS-671, Philips SHL3000

May 15, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #3,649 of 15,610
Hello everyone. New to head-fi. I grew up listening to music on sony 7506 and v6 because that is what my dad owned. I remember my first pair of open cans when I was around 14. I bought some sony mdr-f1 on eBay for a couple hundred bucks (2001 or so) and loved the comfort and sound. Life took over and in the process I didn't really consider what gear I was using until last year when I picked up a pair of ath-m50x. It has been hectic since then as I went to sennheiser 598s, 650s and finally settled on the 700s. I know they get a lot of hate on here and elsewhere on the internet, but when i throw on some jazz or classical music they still blow me away. Anyways, hopefully this site doesn't cause me to continue to spend more money on audio gear:)

May 16, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #3,651 of 15,610
Good Moaning!

(I wonder who will catch on to that reference) :)

Hello from London.
Am very new to the world  of audio equipment, am looking to increase my knowledge in the field of portable audio to complement my budding
interest in music

Cheers !

May 16, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #3,655 of 15,610
Hi folks,

I'm getting back into head-fi after a looong break, starting out on a new system now that the kids are older. I now have an Audiolab M-CDT/M-DAC driving my very elderly Sennheiser HD560 Ovation II 'phone. I've owned the 560 from new (bought in 1991) and I love its velvety sound. I just treated it to some new earpads but the new CD player is telling me it's time to upgrade. I've been reading lots of great advice on this site already, and I hope I can contribute something back.

Best regards,
David

May 16, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #3,656 of 15,610
  Hi folks,

I'm getting back into head-fi after a looong break, starting out on a new system now that the kids are older. I now have an Audiolab M-CDT/Q-DAC driving my very elderly Sennheiser HD560 Ovation II 'phone. I've owned the 560 from new (bought in 1991) and I love its velvety sound. I just treated it to some new earpads but the new CD player is telling me it's time to upgrade. I've been reading lots of great advice on this site already, and I hope I can contribute something back.

Best regards,
David

love audiolab stuff.. mdac/qdac are superb

May 16, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #3,658 of 15,610
Hello Everyone, 

Just thought I would join up finally after browsing for over 3 years :)

Just started in the "audiophile" quest which I can already say is an expensive hobby.....

Just picked up a set of Audeze LCD-2s and all I can say is WOW.....Can even compare from my Vmoda M-100s.  

CU in the forums!

skruffs01

May 16, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #3,659 of 15,610
Hello my name is Omer. 
I love heapdhones, computers, video games, and mechanics. 
I listen to anything that I find pleasing, but I will usually listen to Heavy Metal and any sort of rock. 
I am new to headphones, and I am excited to learn
Thank You

Users who are viewing this thread

Back