New Member Introductions thread
Apr 24, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #3,511 of 15,540
Jurgen, here. Have multiple headphones (BeyerDynamics and Shure SHR1840). Have a Blue-Yeti-Pro Microphone on a K&M Boomarm + shockmount and filter. It is connected to a Zoom UAC-2 Audio interface. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #3,512 of 15,540
Hello, new here obviously and dropping the obligatory "I'm not spam" message. Grew up with some very early 90's Koss drivers (TD-70 Digital and NOVA 66, both of which are difficult to find info on, pics, or even get used) pounding away at the ears and am here in a quest to learn more about these earlier headphones to either create a modern contemporary from a Frankenstein build, or hopefully find other period cans that ran same drivers to see if memory was glossed over after all the years or not before jumping on the Grado bandwagon.

Having an engineer type of mind that always took things apart and experimented with what worked and what didn't, I learned that packing the cups and completely sealing them (at roughly14 years old and over a decade before anyone knew what the internet was) actually helped them get louder w/o breaking apart, nor distorted the plastic speaker material when powered by an amp with a ton of dynamic headroom as early as they would have w/o mods. Ended up here by random chance after seeing a thumbnail for someone that posted pics of varying Koss drivers along with detailed info them, and figured it was a great place to ask questions and get some nostalgia flowing.

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #3,513 of 15,540
As a new member I joined to try and improve my listening experience. I ordered a pair of Sen HD 598 LE. They seem to always get rave reviews and looking for comfort. I had a pair of Klipsch Status which was a great pair to listen to but hurt my ears after wearing them for an hour. Then my son who used them also snapped them. SO hence the needing a new pair. Later on I will most likely get a DAC for them but dont need something expensive just to get the job done. You all know wives lol. Who know in time I could sink more money in to this as I do like listening to quality sound. Well I will keep this short and look fwd to going through  the threads and see what I can  learn. Oh and my son wont be touching these lol. 

Later

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #3,514 of 15,540
New guy here. Obligatory "I'm not a bot" post.

My appreciation for great audio stems from my signal processing background and countless hours of creating my own amplifier. I have just recently let myself splurge on some audio equipment and occasionally browse the forum to see technical reviews, new headphones, and general advances in headphone technology. I try to limit my time here as it isn't healthy for my wallet.

Currently my setup is a Sennheiser HD700 powered by a Schiit Valhalla 2 + Modi 2 Uber. Loving the analytical sound that Sennheisers produce and looking to expand my collection with a nice closed back headphone for use outside my home.

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #3,515 of 15,540
Welcome to all new Head-Fi members!  Enjoy your time here.  From an old dog.
I learned everything I know about this hobby from this thread.

Cheers -
RCB

Apr 25, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #3,516 of 15,540
Hello, I am a real hyoo-man.

Pretty new to the hobby, so far all I have is an E10K > HD598 setup, but constantly looking for my next new stuff.

Probably made a mistake with the 598s, finding out I really can't do with no bass at all.

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #3,517 of 15,540
If you want more base fom your HD598's get yourself a Schiit headphone amp, a magni 2 ubr should work just fine. You may want to try a set of VEHO Z8 headphones, tons of base and can be had for $59.95, not the $149.00:list price. Great build quality, very musical. I own both the HD598SE and the Veho Z8 and love both of them. The 598's work great for watching television. 3d sound.

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #3,518 of 15,540
Hi everyone!

New guy here! I've lurked around on and off for a little while. Started my journey into headphones three years ago with Custom One Pros and later the Vmoda M-100s. Moved onto a K7XX and soon a TH-X00. Looking to take it up a notch by finding myself a pair of Ether C's.

I really appreciate all the opinions I've read on the forum, it has really helped me learn a lot about audio over these past few years. I hope to learn more about audio, especially about Amps and DACs (only have a Fiio E17 and Creative Blaster X7 at the moment). Nice to meet you all!

Cheers

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #3,519 of 15,540
Hi guys,

long time reader, no time poster here.
Currently I own the good old ATH-M50 and Atomic Floyd Super Darts. Used to own a bunch of Sennheiser products as well.
I dig instrumental rock/ambient and play guitar myself.
Am currently looking for new headphones and am happy for any input I can get: http://www.head-fi.org/t/806291/stagediver-sd-2-vs-rha-t20i-vs-bragi-dash-iem-under-400-eur

Cheers
Mo

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #3,520 of 15,540
Hi,
New member here. I've lurked this forum forever, and decided to join to get better recommendations.
I currently only own a pair of m50s and cheap panasonic earbuds, but i am looking for my first real portable setup: http://www.head-fi.org/t/806279/looking-for-first-portable-setup

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #3,521 of 15,540
Hi everyone,

My name is Kerwin -- short-time lurker, entry-level audiophile living in Brooklyn, NYC.  While waiting for a replacement set of PSB M4U2s in February, I started doing some research and fell in love with Audeze LCD-XCs. I'm currently driving the XCs with an Apogee Groove based on recommendations I read here.

Brief headphone history:
Sony MDR NC200D -> Beats Studio (circa 2009) -> PSB M4U2 -> Audeze LCD-XCs.

I'm happy with my setup, but damn I'd really like to try the LCD-4.  And I'm trying to justify/rationalize buying the Geek Out v2 for my birthday next month. :)

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #3,522 of 15,540
Hi everyone, 

I am long time runner lurker here,

Iam all around audiophile and using cell phone (galaxy s6)  to listen music but I love tasty sounds. Because of ear shape situation I cant use in-ear headphones, so I am earbuds fanatic. I am still discovering earbud world, will be lurker here for that aim so...

Currently using, Apple earpods, and Marshall Major....

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #3,523 of 15,540
Afternoon, everyone!

I'm AC, a lurker for years, just dreaming of that summit-fi life.  Based in Kentucky, my hi-fi love began with a pair of MDR-V6's, and has plateaued at a set of mrSpeakers Mad Dogs, and a set of Future Sonics Atrios that are finally showing their age.  

Currently on the hunt for a mid-range portable setup, as my life is becoming increasingly more mobile.   

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #3,525 of 15,540
Hello!

I wanted to say greetings and say that I'm new to audio DIY and electronics in general, but I've grown tired of the hit and miss quality and options of the widely available products on the market, so why not make just what I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back