New Member Introductions thread
Feb 24, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #3,242 of 15,582
Although, I still like wearing headphones, brows locked, expressionless face of a person in the city, but I am not alone.

Feb 25, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #3,247 of 15,582
Hey gang, I've been coming here to lurk and been actively posting on /r/headphones on Reddit under the same username since I got bit by the headphone bug last summer. I love the Reddit community but I figured I'd sign up here for the variety and to get in on some local meet ups.

I've been into music for as long as I can remember. My dad was always big into music and HiFi and I guess you can say I inherited my own obsession with the latter when I got my own place about 5 years ago and could no longer use his gear.

I really dig amps and receivers from the mid 70's to early 80's. They just don't make them like they used to. My current loudspeaker set up is a Technics SL-3200 running into an H/K 430 twin and some B&W DM220s.

My current head rig is a Sony 300 CD player(soon to be replaced by a Fiio X5 that should be arriving any day now) running into a Schiit Valhalla powering some Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 ohms. I'm also using some Koss KSC75 and MEE M6 Pros for on the go.

In the past I've owned Sennheiser Momentum V1 Over Ears, AKG K7XX, a JDS O2/ODAC combo unit and way more vintage amps, speakers, and turntables than I'd like to admit.

So... Yeah. Hi guys and gals.

Feb 25, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #3,248 of 15,582
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Head-Fi (long-time lurker), so I thought that I'd provide a quick introduction. 

I enjoy most types of music; however, for the past several months, I've been most interested in music from the '60s and '70s.  Nick Drake, Cat Stevens, and Jim Croce are a couple of my current favorites.  I have a variety of entry-level mid-fi headphones that I alternate regularly.  I'm not yet sold on a particular brand or sound signature, so I thought that I would test a variety of headphones before making any decisions.  I currently own the following:  ATH-M50, DT990 Pro, SR225e, Q701, and the T50RP MK3.  I'd really like a HD600/HD650 to round-out an approximation of the old school trinity, but I've already exceeded my audio budget for the year.  I run everything off an O2/ODAC.

My other hobbies include coaching Special Olympics, powerlifting, minor league football, unicycling, and juggling.  I also enjoy solving rubix cubes (2 Look PLL/OLL), but I'm slow (~30-45 seconds).  That's me in a nutshell.

Any questions, just ask.

Thanks!

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #3,249 of 15,582
new guy reporting in. decided i should join this community after i sent in my 6 year old V-Moda LP in to get upgraded then decided to get some gold shields and figured some one with a now empty wallet due to a headset would fit in here 
o2smile.gif

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #3,251 of 15,582
Hi,
New member here. My current equipment is the fiio x1 with the fiio E07k Andes amp and Ath-m50x headphones most of the time. Sometimes the sennheiser mementum when I require an in ear set instead of the headphones

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #3,253 of 15,582

I've looked at some of the stuff on Aliexpress, but I haven't had a lot of luck figuring out many of the clones (or identifying unique, quality products).  Are you aware of any resources available here or elsewhere?

Recommend a aliexpress seller.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/1825606.html
My HCK A2 come from here,cheap and fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back