New Member Introductions thread
Dec 22, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #2,913 of 15,646
Hello Everyone,

I just starting out in this crazy world of high def music using high quality devices.  I have used ipods with various headphones/ear buds through the years.  So I jumped in I bought myself a portable DAC (Fiio E07K), Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 headphones, and a Cayin N5 DAP.  I have downloaded 3 albums from HDTracks (2 Iron Maiden albums, and the new Star Wars Soundtrack) and have been goofing around ripping DCC and other gold CDs.  It has been a bit overwhelming so far, but it has been fun.  

I am a metalhead at heart, with my favorite band being Nightwish and my favorite genre being 80s thrash. I also love scores from movies (modern day classical music).  I am starting to enjoy light jazz a little, but I have to go slow here.  

I am sure I will ask a lot of questions and I thank everyone in advance for any questions of mine you answer, and a big thank you for all the information you share...it is all going toward my education in this new hobby.

Thanks,
MontMozart
Canton, OH

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #2,915 of 15,646
Hi,
new to audio.
Years ago I had an Ipod nano and a pair of Shure iem, they got stolen so I stopped listening to music on the go; now I want to resume doing it.
As you can read my written english is not very good; sorry about that I hope it doesn't bother you too much.

Anyway I just wanted to say hallo :wink:

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #2,917 of 15,646
Hello all,

I have been a lurker of these forums for quite a while.
I have been getting very interested in the audiophile world.
I started myself off with a ATH-m50x and now I am looking for a suitable DAP.
I have had a sansa clip zip, but poor thing died on me without use and I didnt know what rockbox was at the time.
Nice to meet you all!

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #2,918 of 15,646
Hello,

I've been on these forums from time to time before, but I'm finally getting around to creating an account.

I've just begun to realize the audio potential that's out there, and I'm certain you all are the most knowledgable on the subject.

I'm looking forward to learn from you all.

Thank you.

Dec 24, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #2,920 of 15,646
Hi everyone!

I am new here, looking to dive into this audiophile business!

I am a classical musician, so looking to get some information regarding headphones, daps, amps etc...

I have been buying audiophile equipment for a year or two now, but only recently have I been seriously considering buying more expensive equipment!

I remember starting out buying the Black Philips Fidelio S2BK/28 pairing it to some apple devices then moving on to the ATH-M50x and finally, to my current setup, the AKG K7XX paired with the iBasso DX90.

Looking forward to be on this forum!

Dec 25, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #2,921 of 15,646
Hey what's up guys?

I have a huge hearing lost and I find myself a lot. I love listening to music and watching flim's with clear audio. This site has helped me with my audio equipment purchase and I wanted to be a part  of this wonder community. I currently have a Grace Design m9xx, DarkVoice3368E, Philips X2/27 Fidelio, Sennheiser HD 598, HD 8 DJ and momentum.

Looking forward in joining the group.

Dec 26, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #2,922 of 15,646
Hello.

I design and build tube amps, mainly for headphones. I use AKG K601, but I've also experimented with DIY electrostatic stuff.

Even though my designs are quite non-traditional, I worked my way up thru all the usual suspects. First DIY audio experience was listening to music thru a mutilated DIY tube guitar amp. First scratch build was single ended 12AU7 + EL84 triode mode, with EZ80 rectifier.

First really satisfying build was a SE direct coupled Darling amp, with 12AU7 input stage, resistor loaded.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I'm in quite different places at the moment.

I joined this forum out of interest to see what's going on here.

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #2,923 of 15,646
Good day to all!

While not new to the audio world, I am new to this forum. My home set up if an Arcam 300 (the answer), Arcam CD player, Linn Axis turntable, Pro-Ac Tablette 8's, Klipsch Chorus 2 and a Paradigm sub allow us many hours of listening pleasure. This led me back into good audio for my mobile, an iPhone 6+, with which I am very happy. My tired old ears like it very much.

While researching better headphones than my Klipsch s4i ll's, (I thought I had lost them, ordered the m6 Pro's) I found this forum and am quite happy to have.

As a result I am now the owner of some wonderful MEE Audio m6 Pro's and an even better pair of Dunu TITAN 1's (purchased from a fellow Head-fier). Both sets are wonderful in their own right, and I use both, regularly. The sound quality of both is an incredible addition to my musical entourage.

The expertise of this forum is worth the price of entry, and I thank all of you for that! Good audio to you all.

Dec 27, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #2,924 of 15,646
New to the world of higher end audio. By most standards probably still only have a toe in the pool, but still a large leap from the Beats that I thought were good before. Current equipment is Fidelio X2 with the schiit stack. Really learned quite a bit from the place so decided to join to learn more and to hopefully pick up some cans in the classifieds.

Dec 27, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #2,925 of 15,646
Am returning 'phile after long hiatus.  Coming back through hand helds, FIIO X3, X5 and Pono, feeding El 8's and HD 600.   At desk top lead into turn of the century MSB Platinum DAC with a Yggy being burning in the garage.

Have found many post here helpful and hope to be able to return the favor.

Best,  taxiq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back