New Member Introductions thread
Nov 27, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #2,731 of 15,567
  Hi everybody!

Found out about this site a week ago when looking for new DAP and headphone combo. Now I have been browsing here every day.
Quality advice and interesting articles.
Right now waiting for my Fiio X3 2gen to arrive, then to headphone shopping. 

When you've got settled with your FiiO X3ii, add your comments to one of the reviews etc. New POV's always welcome.

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #2,733 of 15,567
Hello,
L3000.gif

My name is Jo-hn and I'm THE Headphone Addict in everywhere, or so it's starting to seem like that. Just getting into headphones and wanted to say what a great site this is. It's already helped me in my first solid amp purchase!!!!!!

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #2,736 of 15,567
My name is Rich, although knowing about this site for a very long time I never spent much time here.
I just joined today and purchased a pair of V-Moda Crossfades M100's...!!!
I'm pretty psyched to start using them once they arrive. I'm normally a Sennheiser guy although I haven't used their more upgraded models.
I hope to one day own a pair of the 650's and 800's..!!

Nov 29, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #2,738 of 15,567
Hello all.

Long-time lurker here.  I have enjoyed my audio hobby for twenty years.  Due to a recent move I will now get much more enjoyment from my audio dollar in a headphone rig.  I will be looking for IEM wisdom and recomendations specifically.  How does one get to try before you buy when shopping mid-budget earphones?

This site is terrific. Thank you.

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #2,740 of 15,567
Hi all,

Like so many, I'm a long time lurker here.

I started with this addiction about 2 years ago when I was looking for a good set of closed cans for gaming and for passive noise isolation at work, and found out about head-fi when looking for reviews. This site led me to getting my first pair of >$30 headphones in the Sennheiser HD380 Pro. I quickly followed that up with an HD558 for home use based on the reviews here and then quietly lurked until now. 

Not sure I'll post much. I'm more of an introvert and watcher, but it's nice to have the option to participate and ask questions since I'm still relatively new to this. Also wanted to throw in my thanks to everyone for all of the awesome reviews and educational threads....especially the ones that pushed me over the edge into getting the Uber Stack. It's made a world of difference to me and my terrible hearing. :)

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #2,741 of 15,567
Hi Headfi,

I am Carl. I am a music lover and a guitarist. Before I have registered in Headfi, I've been reading here for 2 years about reviews and impressions. I've bought my Fiio X5 with Cayin C5 and a Mad Dogs at ONCE because I have read very good reviews about them here. I've been loving them ever since I have them. I chose Mad Dogs because I read it from  the thread Ultimate Headphones for Metal that it sounds good with everything as well as with metal genres. I listen to metal, Jazz, EDM, and Alternative Rock.

I am dreaming of saving a lot to buy Audeze LCD 3F and Fostex Th 600 or Audeze X. Unfortunately, I have not heard from them in reality but I just heard from them through SonicSenseProAudio website. 
biggrin.gif

Now I am waiting for my ALO Pan Am and Passport that I got as a last pair here in my country. At the same time, I have already bought from bflat, a headfi member, a pair of Mullards, Voshkods, Sylvania, Hytron, and GE Tubes. ( he is a very Nice person to deal with ).

Cheers,

Carl

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #2,742 of 15,567
Hello?

Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me....

.... and so on. Hi! Just want to dedicate my first post and say thanks to all of the guys participating on the content of the forum that made it an awesome base of knowledge!

Me, personally, I am just a complete beginner really, but I was fascinated by the idea of owning a quality sounding setup since my early teenage years. I was always fascinated by top-notch  quality and technically advanced items for that matter. Time went on and I reached a point I was done with in-ear "headphones" for not more than 5-8 USD that kept breaking year after year after year, so I was looking for a quality item that would fit my low budget and tremendous inexperience. Went through different forums to learn the very basics and then I just thought "wait a second, what was that brand my long forgotten friend was all drooling about back then?" And that's how my Sennheisers HD465 spotted the light of the world. I knew they were not the best headphones around, but I liked the sound coming from them anyways. Completely different world from what I was used to, really! And the best headphones in my social circle by far. I also noticed their sound was much better, deeper and richer when plugged to my desktop rather than my laptop and I started to look forward to be finally home to be able to enjoy music. Knew I was hooked. And after years of good service and genuine memories (like all of them crazy parties in Norway with my friends and a DJ table:)) the 465 headphones are sick now. I mean sick sick. So.... here I am!

I was also peeking in throughout the years to collect the missing knowledge. What do I need, why do I need it, what are the possibilities and what to make out of it when the time comes. Hours after hours after hours, countless of evenings.... BUT!

L-L-L-Ladies and gentlemen, it fills me with great pleasure to present you with my shiny new audiophile combo:

Matrix X-Sabre (not yet, but 99%)
Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball
Sennheiser HD650 w/ Cardas cable (would rather spend the money on another tubes for the Crack than the replacement cable, but it came w/ the headphones... and I would probably buy one at some point anyways)
Foobar, yadda yadda...

... and all there is is just to climb higher! So glad to finally greet the community! Hi, how you doin', Head-fi?? :)

Thanks for reading n' all,

Love, Pavel

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #2,744 of 15,567
Hello!

Fairly new member, dropping by to introduce myself.

Kind of dove in deep into this world of hi-fi audio gear.  Currently have Custom Arts ei.3, HE-400i, and Oppo-HA2.. Waiting for my Fiio X3ii to come in.

A lot to learn, looking forward to it!

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #2,745 of 15,567
Hello all. My name is Howard, and I am a new member. Have been using this site for a couple years now.
Thought it might be nice to actually pick the brains of some knowledgeable and experienced folk.
I consider myself a music lover, as my limited funds prevent me from becoming an audiophile.
My experience to this point has been with iPods, tho I do own a Fiio E07K. Sadly, that has not been
a good experience. Perhaps it was me, but never really was able to take full advantage of its
features. Battery life seemed awful, and it recently crapped out on me. I use IEM's, not full sizes
headphones, even at home. By lurking about this site, have been able to upgrade my IEM "collection".
Lots of great reviews. Look forward to interacting with some you fine people. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back