New Member Introductions thread
Dec 1, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #2,761 of 15,601
hello all

altough i allready knew this site in this 3 years, i decide to join today
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #2,764 of 15,601
Hello all,

New member here.  Following the forum the last few months looking for a new portable DAP.  Own a Pono player and love the sound but want longer battery life that would be more comfortable to carry around. 

Wouldn't call myself an audiophile but I love my music. 

Own Etymotic ER-4, Shure SE-215 and Audiotech ATAH-M50x.
Also a Cambridge Audio DacMagic X5.

Appreciate the help here.

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #2,765 of 15,601
Hello!

My name is Rand, and I admit to being a long time lurker. This site has been a wonderful source of useful information.

My listening is focused primarily around by bedside listening rig, with which I have experimented over many years. In the distant past I listened via a Sony FM radio walkman, listening to NPR and BBC news while settling down to go to sleep, or to get a dose of what's happening in the early morning. In those days I used Sony headset that included earbud-like drivers attached to a spring steel band. Lightweight and unobtrusive - also virtually no leakage, which was an important feature :)

With the advent of decent MP3 players, I added listening to music while exercising. A fun combination for quite awhile was an iPod Shuffle - the postage stamp sized one with the built-in pocket clip - with Sennheiser PX-100's for the phones. A pair of the little folding Senn's are in my computer bag for use at work or when traveling. In that context it's PX-100's plus smartphone.

At home the bedside rig is much more musically satisfying, and has been the focus of much experimentation over the past few years. Lots of mixing and matching of sources, DACs, amplifiers, and headphones. Biggest "wow" of late for me has been adopting Roon, now overwhelmingly my player of choice. Some real delights have included the Resonessence Concero HD, Woo Audio WA2, and Sennheiser HD650.

Current methodology for music sourcing:
1. CD rip to uncompressed FLAC using dbpoweramp.
2. Playback using Roon running on an Apple MacBook Pro.
3. I'm still playing with MBP connection to the DAC, using both USB and Optical S/PDIF.

I love all kinds of music, but there is a definite focus in my bedtime playlists to help me decompress and relax - so some genres aren't so copacetic in that context. Conversely my portable exercise playlists are much more energetic :)

All the best,
Rand (radiotronic)

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #2,771 of 15,601
Hello my name is THEFITZ227, nice to meet everyone.

Like everyone else in this forum, I love headphones and have owned STAX, AKG K501, Sennheiser HD 650's, and finally settling for AKG K701s for years due to loving the comfort openess of these cans.  I joined because I thought it's time for an headphone upgrade which I need advice on and checking out wireless headphones at a store feeling that I can contribute some.

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #2,775 of 15,601
Hello there and good day to you all ladies and gents!

I must admit, I've been a long time lurker and I've just recently joined. 

I'm currently using ATH-M50X as my main cans and Plantronics Backbeat Pro as my sub and wireless pair. 

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back