New Member Introductions thread
Nov 3, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #2,581 of 15,538
New to headphones
I need a pair that:
Does not let sound out (So people cant hear my songs on the bus)
I can wear for long periods of time (seven hours for example)
Stops me from hearing the noise going on around me (So I only hear my music)
And that is affordable 41 GBP OR 63 USD

The headphones you recommend must at least have one of these qualities  

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #2,582 of 15,538
Hi, audio noob here. I've been lurking for about a week or so just reading up on everything and now decided to join up.

What I have atm are V-Moda M80s and Meelectronic M6 Pros. Thinking of going for a big upgrade soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #2,584 of 15,538
Hi 
tongue.gif

my name is faisal
new to this amazing forum
i ordered the HD800 2 days ago and it will arrive next monday
my main target here to have the best experience in pc games
i would like from you guys please to tell me what do i need 
just like i said for games only
sound card + amp
or
dac + amp 
or amp only 
and please consider the cost should not be over 1000$ total for both amp and dac if needed
--------------
btw i have TX-NR838 onkyo i wonder if i use the hd800 with it
will it work ?
-----------------------
sorry for my bad english :)

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #2,585 of 15,538
Greetings I am new here as well.  I am thinking of upgrading my audio experience and thought this would be a great place to start.

I have been reading a lot of reviews here on DAP and DAC/headphone Amp.  Am I right to think of the following in terms of a HiFi set up:

DAP = CD Player
DAC/headphone Amp = Amplifier

And if I only intend to use my iPhone as a DAP, is it worth it to get a DAC/headphone Amp?

Would really appreciate any inputs from you guys.

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #2,586 of 15,538
Hey guys,

Just signed up now and looking forward to be a part of this forum. Recently purchased a paid of Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilees, which broke within 3 days of purchase, so had to take them back and now I'm on the look out again for a new pair to go with my existing setup. 

Currently have:

Marantz PM6005
B&W CM5 speakers
Project Audio 2xpression SB turntable

I have plenty to learn still, so hope to get some good advice here and in share my experiences and advice.

Nov 4, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #2,593 of 15,538
  And does anyone know if the post will just last until you close it? completely new to this site. Mainly joined to sell/buy headphone gears.

Mods can close down Posts as well

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #2,594 of 15,538
Hello there! I love my Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250ohm) and have had them paired with a fiio e10 amp/dac for almost 5 years now.

I saw that the Manufaktur price went down a bit and am considering some 600ohm custom 990s.

I wanted to ask a few simple things.

1. 600 should surely sound better, right?

2. For novelty in sound amplification and maybe as a pre-amp too, I have been looking at the little Dot MK2 on Amazon (200$ vs 340$ MK3), and was wondering what you guys thought about this guy and the 990/600s.

3. Any sub-200 amps for if I want to venture on using the MKII as pre-amp? Fiio e10 DAC ---> mkii -----> amp.

Oh and one last thing, I read that you should almost max out Windows' volume and to control the amp for preference, I wanted to ask, why? Also, I did this with the 990 Pro, maxxed volume and it was so loud that I couldnt get it pass 2-3 on volume knob from the e10. (Out of 9-10?!) strong little amp, right?! So then, the 990/600 should have no problem at all being powered by just the e10?

Thanks so much guys! Really appreciate it.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #2,595 of 15,538
Hi My name is Bunk

This is my first post.  I'm trying to figure out to start a new thread for headphone recommendations.  I searched and read the wiki but still can't figure it out.  It would be great if someone can help me out with this.  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back