New Member Introductions thread
Oct 30, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #2,536 of 15,539
Hi folks, I have been an audiophile for 25 years, and pretty full on into high end audio for the last 8 years. I am mostly focussed on 2 channel music, but appreciate the top level cans & headphone amps and what they can do.

Cheers,
Bodhi.

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #2,539 of 15,539
Hi, I'm Danny, I found this site while looking for a new pair of headphones. I generally prefer Over-ear type models, the choices out there are quite overwhelming, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Cheers!!

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #2,540 of 15,539
I currently own a ath m50x.  This is my first quality headphone.  Now I'm trying to buy either ultrasone hfi580 or 780.  I love headphones, I can listen to my music all day.  I mainly listen to reggae, country, and hiphop.  ​If there are suggestions on which one to get I'd appreciate it.  I like bass, but not too much.  The Ath M50x I had was good, but wouldn't mind a little bit more bass.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #2,541 of 15,539
Hey; my name is not mentioning since Im a nobody but I never really used a forum before and I cant figure out how to post a thread so Im just going to do it here so feel free to troll rage on me

Soooo I have 3 question that I beg to be answered as Im desperate and waiting on a new phone and I want some good headphones to go with it; Please address questions separately as english is not my first language so I would appreciate clarity!

#Question 1
Main question I want answered is best or 3/5 top list of best value for money wired and/or wireless headphones that MUST BE>>> PHONE FRIENDLY<<< meaning I dont plan on using any amps or using them on my desktop! 
The ones I have my eye on are the 
Sennheiser HD 600 which seem to be the best value for money headphones there are; so I hear anyway. The HD 800 are a bit pricey unfortunately but I hear good things about them...
#Question 2 
In your educated opinion how much loss of quality is there between wired and wireless headphones? Im basically clueless about this and have no experience in good sound quality headphones as I usually used cheap ones until recently I borrowed an expensive pair of a friends of mine and realized the difference and that pushed me into finding a good pair...
#Question 3
Does anyone know what is the difference in sound quality between different bluetooth devices and/or bluetooth versions? Also what is the best bluetooth version/device to use for audio fidelity? Im asking this because I have noticed that although I have the same version of bluetooth on the phone it varies A LOT between different phones I connect the wireless head phones to and Im dead curios to find out why that is? Simple answer would be **** phone because the cheap ones tend to have problems but still if anyone knows...
So a very big thank you for reading thus far and another very big hug for taking the time to share your wisdom!

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #2,542 of 15,539
Hi, call me TDN for short, or whatever you like, within reason :wink:

I wasn't too knowledgeable on audio until I recently started putting several hours into browsing this place. This is a great resource of audio related knowledge. I wanted to make a thread asking for recommendations, so I registered. I'll stick around of course.

Nov 1, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #2,544 of 15,539
Hi everyone!My name is SediQC and I'm a new (and young) audiohead.I'm mostly into headphones.Right now,I only possess a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-CKP500 in-ear hedphones ,but I'm planning on buying over-ear headphones. Hope I'll have fun with you guys!

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #2,546 of 15,539
I too started with being an audiophile. Got interested in earphone this past two years and have been reading posts on head fi for suggestions and reviews. Finally decided to join the community!

Headphones owned/ used to own:
Bowers & Wilkins: P3, P5.
UE 6000
Sennheiser: 439, momentum over ear/ on ear
Audiotechica: AD 300
NAD HP 50
PSB M4U1

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #2,548 of 15,539
Hey all, lurked on this website for a few years. I bought my first decent headphones(ATH-M50s) per recommendation posts on this site. I mostly play games but I'm looking to maximize the fidelity of sound I can get for gaming and music. Finding that balance is probably why I signed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back