New Member Introductions thread
Oct 2, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #2,357 of 15,587
Fellow music lover here. I'm a fool when it comes to headphones, looking for the right gear, hopefully this place can help. 

My old gear was some no name rip off brand I purchased for six bucks. I've had some dark days.
frown.gif

Oct 3, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #2,358 of 15,587
Hello,

In keeping with tradition (and minding the mods and other non-bots in here), I'm posting my (obligatory) first post here as well. 

Since I can't seem to edit my profile yet, you'll just have to wait until I'm able to, to find out more about me.

I will say, however, that I'm an oldster with damaged hearing who enjoys what little of the audio frequency spectrum I can still discern. Over the years I've found my most enjoyable listening is through headphones.

More later,
nc

[Edit] Other than continually checking back, just when will I know I'm being perceived for what I am, a non-bot???

[Edit--again] Okay, so it is now Sunday, October 4 and still no word from the mods as to my "non-bot-ness". It's quite evident that the staff take the weekend off and no one is minding the store. And so, we wait...

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #2,359 of 15,587
This is my second round with this forum, as I've lost the username and email I used to use. Went on the standard looking for my prodigy IEM journey a few years ago, ending up with the ES5. Loved them to death, so much so that I quit coming here to prevent buying anything else, but recently started to get the itch to try something different sonically. Then I lost one of my monitors while on a business trip to Europe. No!

I've been phone less for a while and finally made an impulse buy of the Noble Savant universals today. I'm hoping I will love them so much they will put me off from saving up for the Kaiser 10, which was where I was leaning towards before losing a monitor.

Oct 3, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #2,360 of 15,587
Hello. My ears aren't really broken. They are not golden either.  That's why this site is so cool. I can find people with similar taste in headphones who can help me find gear that I might favour.
Yep, this site is awesome.

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #2,361 of 15,587
Been lurking for a while now. Own the Oppo PM3s and Senn 650s. Have a Cavalli LC on order and will decide on a DAC soon. Happy to be here and get some help on my decision.

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #2,362 of 15,587
Hi!

I'm Michael, I have been interested in getting better audio equipment for a while now, but I have never been able to find reliable information on the internet, I'm hoping I can find something more consistent here.

My previous audio players include:

- Iriver iFP-100 512mb
- Iriver t30 1gb
- Creative Zen Mosaic 4gb
- Creative Zen Mosaic EZ100 8gb (current)
- Fiio X1 64gb (current)

I've been listening to music on these with the same Sony MDRZX100 I got at Best Buy 3 years ago for $20.

I'm probably going to be making a post somewhere asking for headphone suggestions sometime soon.

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #2,363 of 15,587
Hey guys, I'm new here as well as new to buying headphones. I have no interest in big bulky sets except for gaming. For that I have the Logitech G930's.

I'm interested in IEM's. For a little background, I have a Galaxy S5. The included earbuds were alright, but a friends dog thought they needed them more than I did. My friend went out and bought me some random crapy earbuds for a replacement and i couldn't even come to grips why those things were ever called headphons. So, I went to Walmart and found the Jlabs Jbud Neons for $18. For not being very sound savy, I thought they sounded good. Better than the stalk Samsungs. Good inline Mic and control. Bass was pretty good.

Those got stolen. :frowning2:

So, I wanted new ones.... again. This time I started a web search for the best earbuds with good bass for under $50. Next thing I know I have spent many hours, over 2 weeks, combing over reviews after reviews and learning about IEM's and wondering what this madness is? I suddenly wanted awesome sound!

Soon, $50 turned into $100. And although I may purchase a $100 IEM now, I can tell I'm going to keep raising the bar.

This has gotten a little out of hand I think. I had a 3 day weekend and in all my free time, I have addictively researched the interwebs. I'm a little nervous paying for my first IEM's as i don't have anywhere to go to test them first.

I'm down to 2 $100 IEM's. The Momentum and the SE215. One has great bass but lacks comfort. (Momentum). I want to be able to lay on a pillow, and I don't want them falling out as easy as I've read about these things doing. The SE215's seem to have everything I'm looking for in comfort, but lack on bass from what I've read. I guess my question on that is, do the Se215's still put out bass better than jlabs or stalk Samsung earbuds? Or is it as I have come to believe in reading, that I would be disappointed?

The other thing the momentum has going is the mic/remote for Galaxy. But that's something I'm willing to do without if I can get an IEM with the same sound quality (+ bass) as the Momentum, with the lay down comfort (pillow) of the Se215's.

Am i going nuts here? Yes, because I truly won't be in the know untill I experience them for myself. I just don't want to start out bad and falsly judge what I dont know. So, I'm here... hoping to find help deciding before I drop $$$ on a world I know very tiny about.

Anywho... Have a great day!

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #2,365 of 15,587
Hello! Have been lurking for a few weeks and decided to make an account in order to post looking for some help with headphones! 

I think my post might have been lost during the maintenance or the mods have not approved it.

Looking forward to posting here as well as continuing to browse the forums!

Have a good one!

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #2,367 of 15,587
Hi all,

Been checking out the forums for a while and figured I'd bite the bullet and join.  I started checking the forums out as a curiosity and now it seems like this is becoming more than that.  I started with the  Sennheiser  HD 280's then moved to M50x's and a Fiio DAC/Amp and just placed and order for some Mad Dogs and an O2 and seperate ODAC as well as a magni to compare. Let the fun begin and my wallet hurt!  Looking forward to talking with all of you.

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #2,369 of 15,587
Long-time lurker here.  I first visited Head-Fi back in 2006 or so when researching which iems to get.  Ended up getting Shure SE-530's that I have been using since.  Picked up ATH-M50's years back in college as well after reading good reviews here.

Recently I picked up the bug again. Wanting to research some higher end open cans, I figured it was about time I registered...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back