New Member Introductions thread
Sep 24, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #2,327 of 15,646
Hi, I'm Tim, I don't see myself as an audiophile, more an enjoyer of good tech and music, and I love bang for buck performance.

I mostly lurk, but might start contributing every once in a while :wink:

Sep 24, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #2,328 of 15,646
New Member - what a great forum...I've picked up a ton of iems from reading the exhaustive reviews

Currently using

Sennheiser momentum on ear
sony xba-h1
rha ma450i (to replace the 600i that only lasted 3 months)

I never thought of myself as much of an audiophile, and my ears aren't quite sensitive enough to tell hd sound from a 320 mp3, but really enjoy being able to really hear my music in greater depth and detail.

Sep 25, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #2,329 of 15,646
Hello everyone ! 

My name is Mircea and although i'm a newbie here i've been reading this forum for the last year. I think it's time that i start contributing.

PS: I'm one of the members of Meze Headphones.

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #2,332 of 15,646
Hey all,

Just got started in the audiophile world about two months ago. After about a month of lurking and researching I purchased a Sennheiser HD600 which I love. I've been using it with an Apogee Groove 

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #2,334 of 15,646
Hello, New member here. I've been browsing the forums for the last week and thought I should join the conversation. I'm new to the headphone world, although I've been interested in audio for many years. Two years ago my daughter was born, and suddenly my listening habits changed a lot. My carefully measured speaker placement in the living room was great for listening, but terrible for  a small child. My tube amp became somewhat of a liability. 

So, here I am researching headphones and headphone tube amps (for the desktop). I'm hoping my current CD player and DAC will get started. 

Sep 26, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #2,335 of 15,646
Long time lurker, first time poster. Still a baby to the head-fi world. Quick question.. I did a bunch of searching and googling to no avail and it might sound really dumb but... 

Can you drive a bluetooth headphone with a bluetooth amp?

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #2,338 of 15,646
Hi, new here. I'm looked all over the Internet for some Dunu-DN 2000 stabilisers and I can't find any :frowning2:. They keep falling out of my ear. Anyone know where I can get some?

Welcome to Head-Fi!

Have you tried SpinFit tips? When I used the Dunu 2000-J, I didn't use any stabilizer fins and the SpinFits felt great. If interested, you can get them from Earwerkz.com for $10 a pair and 3 pairs for $20.

Good luck!

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #2,339 of 15,646
Hi guys, new here. Bought myself some HD600's off eBay for 110 quid, but I'm not sure they sound as good as they could. They are currently running off my PC (asus sabertooth - ok soundcard I guess) but I spent most of my budget this month on these headphones. They aren't quiet at all at the moment, so should I just wait a while til next month and get a nice amp (like the o2/monoprice)? I was looking at the littleDot I+ as well. Not sure if this is the correct place to post.

Sep 26, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #2,340 of 15,646
Another new member here.

I've been into high end hi-fi for well over 10 years, but I've only seriously started getting into headphones after moving two years ago, thanks to the room I want to use for the main system still not being finished.

Up to that point I had a pair of Denon AH-D1100 which got very occasional use via a Graham Slee Novo.  The Denons have since been replaced with a pair of Beyer T90s and the Novo has been changed for a Solo Ultra Linear Diamond Edition and I'm back to listening to high quality music again.  At work I have a pair of V-Moda XS fed via a Meridian Explorer.  I'll try and get some pics up when I'm able.

Cheers

DS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back