New Member Introductions thread
Sep 16, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #2,296 of 15,525
Hi guys,

Pratish here. Only joined as started to get interested in the Sony ZX2 and ZX1s. Not a massive audiophile, but miss good quality music. Lots of great advice and info here so thanks in advance for all the threads, really helps work out what I want.

It will take me a while to be able to PM and buy anything, so tips on where else to purchase a ZX1 would be great - thinking it would be a good place to start, a second hand zx1 and then upgrade to a ZX-3?! If it ever comes out??

Thanks

Pratish

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #2,297 of 15,525
Hello All,

Like many other here I have been visiting this site and using it as the primary source of information and decisions when it comes to my Head-Fi audio needs. Glad to be part of this community.

Shea

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #2,298 of 15,525
Hello there, I'm Mike and enjoy music and good-sounding audio. I spend a lot of time on public transport and thus am always on the lookout for ways to enjoy portable music better. My current portable source is a Rockbox-upgraded Sansa Clip Zip which I listen to with a pair of earbuds that came with my H2 portable recorder. I'm looking to upgrade to real cans of some sort soon. At home I use an older Denon stereo reciever fed by an Oppo DV-981HD and feeding a pair of mid-90s Klipsches.

Music-wise, I'm mostly into classic rock, with side interests in classic country, folk, classical (especially classical guitar), early music, and world music. This wide range of interests means that versatile gear that sounds good with any material is of top interest to me.

Sep 17, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #2,299 of 15,525
Hey guys, was around a bit ago but now for my home setup but now that i'm interested in the portable scene I feel like a new member now that i'm looking at completely different posts (IEMs, portable amps) lol

Sep 19, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #2,302 of 15,525
Hi, I've been wondering around this site for the past few months in order to buy the perfect headphones for me. My favourite YouTube reviewer is Zeospantera. And I'm trying to buy used alpha dogs for around $400. If anyone wants to sell their alpha dogs please message me :,(

Sep 19, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #2,303 of 15,525
Been a long time lurker but finally took the membership plunge 
beyersmile.png

Currently rocking a pair of Hifiman HE-400s for over-ears and RHA MA-750s for in-ears. Hoping to upgrade to a used HE-500 and get a new amp soon (I have an Apogee Duet 2 that works wonderfully as a DAC and temporary amp)

Sep 19, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #2,304 of 15,525
Hello everyone,

Australian here. Just got into the Hifi game. Started off with the SCHA DIY headphone amp which was heavily modified based on recommendations from participants on the RockGrotto forums. 

Then moved onto Schiit Audio's Lyr 2 and Bifrost Uber. Been enjoying the tube rolling aspect and based on posts in the Lyr tube rolling thread, I have settled on some Voskhod 6N23P silver shield single getter tubes and waiting on the mail to deliver these.

With regards to headphones, I'm using Audeze's LCD-2's with fazors. Really been enjoying the sound signature of these. I tend to music with more bass, so these warm LCD-2's tend to my tastes. 

Thanks, 

Vince

Sep 19, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #2,306 of 15,525
Hi guys,

I just joined yesterday. I live in Tokyo, where the earphones and DAPs for "Hi-Res" market is quite hot recently. I'm afraid I only have few years experience in this field, but hope to get many useful opinions from you guys.

Thanks 

Sep 20, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #2,309 of 15,525
Hi,

My name's Tom and I'm new here. I've recently started getting into this hobby and I've been lurking the classifieds for some new headphones. Figured I'd make an account so I can actually participate.

Thanks

Sep 20, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #2,310 of 15,525
I've been here on these forums for almost a year now so I thought I would introduce myself. I'm MattyFillz (Matthew) and I started getting interested in high quality audio gear about 2 years ago. I only bought my first pair of "Good" headphones last Christmas, the Sennheiser HD558's and I love them! I have always loved music and have been singing since I was 5 years old. I'm 16 now and I still sing today. I hope I can learn more about audio from being on this forum and be able to help out new comers to the "Hobby" one day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back