New Member Introductions thread
May 22, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #1,700 of 15,646
Hi, I'm just getting back into headphones after a 10+ year break! Prior to college I had some awesome Grado SR-125's and a CMOY headphone amp I built. I also had a very respectable B&W + Rotel 2 channel system. Well college is over and the bug bit me again. I have HifiMan HE-400's and a Schiit Asgard 2 to power them. I'm still using a not great DAC. I'm looking forward to modding these, and listening to a lot of great recordings. I just got into the Faunts. I hope to learn a lot in this community!

You built your own CMOY? Nice. You might give building an ODAC a shot. I thought mine sounded very good with the Asgard 2 when I had them. :dt880smile:

May 22, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #1,701 of 15,646
What about budget?

Hi, I'm just getting back into headphones after a 10+ year break! Prior to college I had some awesome Grado SR-125's and a CMOY headphone amp I built. I also had a very respectable B&W + Rotel 2 channel system. Well college is over and the bug bit me again. I have HifiMan HE-400's and a Schiit Asgard 2 to power them. I'm still using a not great DAC. I'm looking forward to modding these, and listening to a lot of great recordings. I just got into the Faunts. I hope to learn a lot in this community!

May 23, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #1,702 of 15,646
./wave

Newly interested after someone from a different forum suggested a set if hd598 for gaming. After reading the reviews and the huge gaming headphone post on here and loads of other reviews; I completly ignored the advice and went for fidelio x2. After all the info I read I thought they would be more suitable to my rrquirments if an easy to drive all rounder...wow I was not dissapointed.

A month later I am listening to more music that I have for years, and ordered a c5d. On the shopping list is a decent closed set, iem set, and maybe something very nutral sounding.

May 23, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #1,704 of 15,646
How is the X2 treating you? I'd really love one but I don't know if i can justify the costs... How good is the isolation?

The isolation is terrible, I am however really enjoying it. I can hear so much more than I am used to coming from gaming headsets and phone ear buds. Stuff I wouldnt have really heared at all before, I am listening to a wide range of music, across several diverse genres as well as gaming with them and it is so much more enjoybale than before.

I didnt think I would be so impressed that I would be thinking about buying different sets simply because of how much I was enjoying myself.

As for cost, I managed to find an excellent deal from an italian rain forest (£180 or so delivered to uk), much cheaper than its uk counter part. I was hesitent at 1st but though to myself that I would generally break the non detachable cable of that many headsets at least one per year at £60-70 per time; over a couple of years it was not so much more. Also the fact I use headphones a several hours per day to justify the cost.

May 23, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #1,706 of 15,646
Well I don't have much to compare with, zero experience with either model you mention, so can't say they are more isolating than the x1 or not.

What I can say is it is possible for me to hold conversations with people wearing them or hear the TV if I listening at comfortable sound level. I could also hear them when my husband borrowed them to try out, but he has the volume really high.

Personally I wouldn't say it was their strongest point but for me they tickl alot of boxes.

May 24, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #1,707 of 15,646
Hello everyone.. This is karthik
I have used many in ear headphones and I am not a big audiophile... Recently I brought the hje125 ...and I hate it completely...regardless of it's good reviews and I want u to recommend some thing under 1000 with neutral signature and a good deep bass with a good decay.. And I mostly listen to musical scores so I don't want it to be muddy too... Am thinking of es18 and she3000 series..

May 24, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #1,710 of 15,646
Hello audiophiles. I'm in the middle of headphone tryouts and kept ending up back here, so i thought i might as well join. I have started down the slippery slope of the quest for great sound and am enjoying all of the turntable upgrades, audio forums, listening sessions, and everything else that has come along with it! Glad to be aboard and look forward to picking your brains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back