New Member Introductions thread
Feb 2, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #1,216 of 15,539
Hi everyone, my name is Alan and I'm from Brazil.
I have subscribed some months ago but now I want to be more active in this forum. I'm a lover of audio pro and headphones. I also have some small collection of iem already, Westone UM2, Vsonic VSD3, Havi B3, Moxpad X3, sennheiser IE6 and Somic mh415. Now I'll also looking for DACs and hifi sources.

Nice to be with You guys

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #1,217 of 15,539
Hello guys, Franky here. I am a 23-year old student from Belgium!
I like to play around with computer hardware, overclock, game and have the latest and greatest! Lately I felt like I could use an upgrade on the audio side of things & thats how I end up here. About 8 months ago I first came across Head-Fi when I was shopping for a new headset. Headsets don't have the greatest sound but for me it was all about the features and compatibility at the same time! Now I'm here again but for the real thing, a pair of headphones!
Lets see if I manage to make up my mind about whether I want the SRH1540 or the HD700?

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #1,218 of 15,539
Hi guys, started today on this forum. I'm becoming a kind of headphone addict over the last year and I hope to learn a lot from you.
I'm not a native Englisch speaker so if I make mistakes om my writing please forgive me. I do my best.
As you can read in my username I bought miself a Beyerdynamic T1 and a Simaudio Moon Neo 430HA headphone amp. Very happy with it.
Best regards,

moonuserT1

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #1,219 of 15,539
Hello all! I am a relative newb when it comes to headphones but I enjoy the ratings and discussion here. I currently own the ATH M50s, the Senn On Ear Momentums, and the Senn IE60s. Hoping to pick up more of a high fi headphone within the next six months though.

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #1,220 of 15,539
Its unreal how this forum brings people from all over the world together. I live near the New York area in the US. I was just talking to someone from Poland its just crazy how fast technology evolved. I can remember when the first CD player came out. Welcome everyone.

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #1,221 of 15,539
hello everyone i am new here i am unto music .. i love the headphones like Ultimate Ears and now i had joined this forum because i wanted to find someone who are from my country Philippines since I've wanted to sell some of my UE900s stocks. thanks ..

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #1,222 of 15,539
Hi Everyone,

First, I love this forum and am excited to begin taking the music I listen to every day to the next level.

Having been reading here recently, I decided to go ahead and buy my first piece of equipment, and of course have found myself in over my head with my first piece of equipment, haha. So, I suppose I am starting in need of help before I go crazy and buy anything else.

About that equipment, I have to admit a bad habit. I really like my music loud, and I am well aware that I have without a doubt messed up my hearing by now after all these years of blasting my headphones whenever I had the chance. In fact, I often find myself sitting in front of this computer listening to my favorite tracks (one in particular - Joe Cocker's With A Little Help From My Friends live) and wishing I could play it a tad louder...... which led to my purchase of a DAC/Amp combo as my first step in really seeing what music can sound like.

I purchased the Aune T1 MkII, which just arrived today and I've already begun playing with it, and of course screwing everything up by messing with settings, lol. Anyway, my initial impressions of this little unit tells me that this is the beginning of an adventure in searching for the perfect sound (if there is such a thing). Without a doubt, I am going to need help along the way and really look forward to getting to know y'all.

Headphone wise, I have nothing special here right now:

Klipsch cans (not even sure what model. They've been disappointing though as they seem to fall apart musically once you raise the volume past 50%) I freakin' love their speakers, so thought the headphones would blow me away.

Klipsch earbuds - these I love.

Koss Pro 4AA Titanium (not too fond of these either - they don't seem to do anything particularly well).

Koss Porta Pro - I really hope they never quit making these. Definitely my favorites.

Once I figure out this amp and get it burned in and working properly, it will be on to headphones. Based on what I've read, I've been thinking that the Mad Dog Pro would be my first purchase of special headphones. Can't wait to hear them.

Oh, and my name is Scott, and it's nice to meet y'all :)

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #1,223 of 15,539
Hey guys! 

I'm Tim and I have been really into music since 7th grade. I am an electrical engineering student, and my love for music inspired me to study electronics. I play guitar and began messing with wiring in high school. My iPod Touch just died, and I am replacing it with a Fiio X1. My first model came in broken, but I am giving it one more chance before moving on to a sansa clip+ if my second one is faulty as well. I see myself getting a nice pair of headphones for listening down the road as well, but I'm a broke college student so who knows when that will be. I like rock, punk, emo, ambient, and I'm starting to get into more mellow stuff as well. Some of my favorite bands are Led Zeppelin (THE single greatest band of all time), The Who, Pink Floyd, Grandview, Pentimento, Coldplay, Modern Baseball,, Twenty One Pilots, Kings of Leon... The list goes on

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #1,224 of 15,539
New-ish member!

I'm a returning user who can't seem to find my old account. Originally I found the site when I was looking on info on recabling my broken computer headsets probably 6 to 7 years ago, as I can generally destroy a headset in 6 months due to poor cable strain relief with multiple points of failure. Of course I got sucked in and recabled everything, then I started buying better headphones, amps, building amps and DACs. I've since gone back to school and downgraded my stash to the bare minimum. I'm looking to pick up a pair of IEMs in the near future.

My Current Inventory:
Desktop Rig is Schitt mini stack with my HD25s
Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ with PMX685Is for the gym

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #1,225 of 15,539
Hello, I am Jared and I like playing video games on my PC.  I'm a big computer guy and enjoy building my own computers and fiddling around with hardware.  I'm from the USA and I'm in the Air Force.  I came here looking for help in finding a headphone/mic combo instead of settling for a "gaming headset."  Hopefully I'll learn a bit by reading and asking questions because this audio stuff is gibberish to me.  :)

Jared

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #1,228 of 15,539
Hi, 
it is a long, long time that I read but never suscribed the forum.
I suppose it was time.

I won a Sonos (I know, not really headfi) and since Christmas a Fiio X1 and a QC25. I now enjoy portable HD music and already am looking forward some improvement.

Regards, fellow headfiers

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #1,229 of 15,539
  Hello, I am Jared and I like playing video games on my PC.  I'm a big computer guy and enjoy building my own computers and fiddling around with hardware.  I'm from the USA and I'm in the Air Force.  I came here looking for help in finding a headphone/mic combo instead of settling for a "gaming headset."  Hopefully I'll learn a bit by reading and asking questions because this audio stuff is gibberish to me.  :)

Jared

Hi Jared,

I love working with the PC as well!  What's your favorite component/peripheral/hardware/etc. when you build computers for yourself?

It's great that you are in the Air Force as well.  Have you been to the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs?  I wrestled there for their biennial State Games Tournament about a decade ago.  I remember it being very difficult because it's over 6,000 feet in elevation.  

Have a great day to you, and everyone - enjoy the forum! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #1,230 of 15,539

Hi Jared,

I love working with the PC as well!  What's your favorite component/peripheral/hardware/etc. when you build computers for yourself?

It's great that you are in the Air Force as well.  Have you been to the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs?  I wrestled there for their biennial State Games Tournament about a decade ago.  I remember it being very difficult because it's over 6,000 feet in elevation.  

Have a great day to you, and everyone - enjoy the forum! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Well all of the components are necessary and typically required so it is hard to say.  I do enjoy fiddling around with overclocking so in that case the processor and motherboard are the big highlights for me.  I have not been to the Academy, but I've heard it is quite nice.  Where I'm stationed currently we are roughly ~4,500 feet above sea level so I feel the pain.  
wink_face.gif

Take care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back