New Member Introductions thread
Jan 29, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #1,202 of 15,537
Hi my name is Trevor aka ageinhippy.

Winging not a great way to introduce yourself but I was far from impressed by the pop ups etc when first logged on to the site after registering advising me my phone was infected blah blah.not sure if these were generated by site itself or sponsor adds ect. But think should be looked at. And yes I do have good av protection.

My main reason for joining was as a result of a thread on avforums suggesting by his was a good site for the issues I am looking in to. Which are loooking equipment that will also help address my hearing loss/quality loss. I browsed a couple of threads on the site but would appreciate any feedback from users with experience of similar problems.

Thanks for reading

Trever

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #1,204 of 15,537
Hello guys im Matt. First post on the forum all thought i have been a long time lurker. Just got my first head-fi gear after reading thousands of posts and reviews on this site. Really appreciate the support. Thanks

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #1,205 of 15,537
Hi,

I am relatively new to the audiophile world having started with the acclaimed ATH-M50x

Recently I've purchased the HD598's and wasn't wowed by them so I'm joining this forum in hopes of getting a better decision as to which headphones I want to get.

I hope to participate more in discussions once I have established myself.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #1,206 of 15,537
Hey, I'm a wannabe audiophile who's never going to have the money for the serious equipment, which means I'll have to research everything I get to make sure its the best I can afford. I've already done quite a bit of reading here and other places, but there's so much more to learn.
 I love this forum 'cause there are so many experienced people to answer questions. Now I just have to learn to understand the answers.

I'll be using mainly headphones- small apartment, roommate, and I'm a night owl.

So, on to posting queries and reading, reading, reading.  Happy Listening !

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #1,208 of 15,537
Hello my name is Jayce and I am new here I'm in search of a great pair of cans I have tried several kinds from Beyer dynamic to akg to audio technica, Bose, sennheiser, Vmoda, and none really impressed me I am really at a loss and hoping many music and headphone enthusiasts on this forum can help me

My music tastes are all over the board everything and anything but to narrow it down to three genres I would say acoustic, rap, metal

My must have are
Over ear cans
Punchy bass
Clear low, mids, and highs
Noise isolation
Minimal leakage
And very comfortable

Wants
Noise cancelling
Swivel capable earcups
Durability

If you can send me the name or links to any pair that comes close I will be very appreciate thanks!

Jan 31, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #1,210 of 15,537
Hello !! I've been reading posts in the Head-Fi forums for a few months now, mainly looking for DAC/Amps and IEMs with the goal to musically support my daily journeys.

I am fond of classical music which I listen to through an Arcam A18 and two-way speakers, unfortunately not high-end ones. Recently, I have started listening again to the old jazz repertoire, and to a few selected rock bands from the last 20 years.

As I am not strictly an audiophile (at least not yet), I am hoping to learn from you all what really matters and what not to enhance my listening experience.

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #1,212 of 15,537
Hi there!

I'm Chris aka rumlyne, austrian student and music lover.
I was reading many threads and reviews on this forum and it helped me decide on my recent purchases so I decided to join you. Currently I am still in the process of re-listening my music library with my first HiFi-grade DAP.
I can enjoy many genres with Drum&Bass, Rock/Metal and Hip-Hop being my favourites.
Readers of my first thread probably already know that I'm all about principles and really like to complain :wink: .
Looking forward to interesting discussing with you!

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #1,215 of 15,537
Hi,

I'm a newbie interested in getting the best audiophile experience I can from my set up. I have the Sennheiser 598 which are fine but I'm wondering what else is out there that would be better at a similar price point.

Most of my headphone listening is via my MacBook via a HRT Microstreamer DAC/Amp and I use Fidelia as my player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back