New Member Introductions thread
Jan 19, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #1,157 of 15,589
Hey guys! Been lurking on this site for a long time and finally decided to make an account. I wouldn't call myself an audiophile; I've found that I simply really enjoy high quality music. Currently, I own a pair of ATH-M50s (which I rarely use anymore) and a pair of AKG K712s. I drive my AKGs with a Schiit Magni and Modi 2U.

Anyway, being that I'm into audio, I'm always looking for potential upgrades. I mainly listen to electronic music, but also listen to some pop and rock occasionally. I've recently stumbled upon the Denon AH-D2000, and it seems like it would be a more "fun" headphone than my K712. More bass impact would definitely make electronic music more exciting. If anyone has any opinion as to whether the D2000 would be a good match for the genre's I listen to, I'd be glad to hear it.

That's about all I have to say, but I look forward to being a part of the head-fi community! :)

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #1,158 of 15,589
Hi,

Is AKG K712pro+soundblaster E5(portable DAC/amp) a good combination for general purposes?
And I would like to know your idea on B&W P7 and Master and Dynamic MH 40 as well.
Thank you in advance.

Jan 20, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #1,159 of 15,589
New here, been playing with a computer based hifi system for a couple years now and found myself browsing headfi regularly while looking for opinions on gear. Decided today is the day I will start to be a part of this community hoping that my contributions might help some people in the same way that other people's opinions have helped and continue to help me. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #1,160 of 15,589
Howdy headphone fiends,

I have lurked for a bit, but thought it time to join in. I've got several pairs of headphones, my favourites being my Grado 325i's. I'm looking to start making, or modding headphones, so am looking for advice and conversation about that!

Thanks,

Mike

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #1,161 of 15,589
Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Chris.  I am in the SF bay and have been into hifi as far back as I can remember.  Both my grandfather and dad were into hifi.  My grandfather always had cool tube/vinyl/reel-to-reel gear growing up and my dad got me into hifi at a young age.  I think my earliest memory of my own hifi setup was an 8th grade graduation gift where I got some Infinity reference bookshelf speakers and a Pioneer stereo receiver.  I later added a tape deck and turntable and then in the late 80s CD.

I have had various home theater setups over the years and currently have an Onkyo TX-NR5009 receiver, Sony 1080p TV, PS3 (with SACD), xbox 360, Toshiba HD-DVD, Dual turntable with pickering cartridge, M&K S-125 l/c/r, M&K ss-150 surrounds, and SVS 16-46pci sub, Grado SR325 and PSB M4U-2 headphones and getting an iDSD Micro soon.

My plans in the next few years is to switch back to a music focused system with some Triangle Antel speakers, JL Audio fathom sub, and VPI Scout turntable and Oppo Blu-ray/DVD-A/SACD player.

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #1,162 of 15,589
  Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Chris.  I am in the SF bay and have been into hifi as far back as I can remember.  Both my grandfather and dad were into hifi.  My grandfather always had cool tube/vinyl/reel-to-reel gear growing up and my dad got me into hifi at a young age.  I think my earliest memory of my own hifi setup was an 8th grade graduation gift where I got some Infinity reference bookshelf speakers and a Pioneer stereo receiver.  I later added a tape deck and turntable and then in the late 80s CD.

I have had various home theater setups over the years and currently have an Onkyo TX-NR5009 receiver, Sony 1080p TV, PS3 (with SACD), xbox 360, Toshiba HD-DVD, Dual turntable with pickering cartridge, M&K S-125 l/c/r, M&K ss-150 surrounds, and SVS 16-46pci sub, Grado SR325 and PSB M4U-2 headphones and getting an iDSD Micro soon.

My plans in the next few years is to switch back to a music focused system with some Triangle Antel speakers, JL Audio fathom sub, and VPI Scout turntable and Oppo Blu-ray/DVD-A/SACD player.

Welcome to Head-fi Chris, the third generation prodigy!

There's a standalone Head-fi "CanJam" event happening around the end of March in SoCal, where you will get a chance to test drive all sorts of gear(take a look at the exhibitor list).
Check out the thread here

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #1,163 of 15,589
Hello!
New to headphones not new to audio gear. I belong to numerous vinyl forums and own a Rega Rp3 and Technics 1200 mk2, as for amps I own a Rega Brio-R and a HK 3390. Recently a buddy of mine gave me a Bravo Ocean and said " Get your feet wet" so I bought Sennheiser 598s and been getting into the hobby. I live in Michigan and look forward to all the advice and reading I can do on the forums.

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #1,164 of 15,589
hi all! i am new to this journey. i need your help guys.i am on a dilemma right now because i have xperia z1 (smartphone) as a source and brainwavz m3 as my iem. i want to get a fiio x1 and
re-400 would there be a significant change of SQ if im going to switch with this gear or i mean is, is it worth changing gears? anyway i dont have lossless files but i only have 320kbps mp3 and i am listening to pop music.

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #1,170 of 15,589
  hi all! i am new to this journey. i need your help guys.i am on a dilemma right now because i have xperia z1 (smartphone) as a source and brainwavz m3 as my iem. i want to get a fiio x1 and
re-400 would there be a significant change of SQ if im going to switch with this gear or i mean is, is it worth changing gears? anyway i dont have lossless files but i only have 320kbps mp3 and i am listening to pop music.

i am ordering an X1 for using at work and on the road and when the X3 2 comes use that for house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back