New Member Introductions thread
Jan 17, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #1,141 of 15,646
Hello, world. Lurker here for a while, active member of reddit's /r/headphones for quite some time. I'm an electronic music lover at heart but enjoy my fair share of classic rock and jazz - in fact, jazz blended with deep electronic like dubstep (shouts to /r/realdubstep) is my favourite.

I've been through many a headphone set up in the past couple of years, I currently own:
AMPS & DACS: EPH O2Di, Bravo Audio V2 (heavily modded)
Headphones: Custom Art Music Two (see avatar), HD650, Grado SR80 (modded), DT770

About to pull the trigger on the Alpha Dogs unless a sexy deal comes along quickly on a set of LCD-2s! 

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #1,144 of 15,646
Hello! I'm Rodney, just getting into this world of better sound. I have ordered a iBasso DX90 and wanted to get some suggestions for iem's that will pair well with it.(I would like to try to stay under $300). I have been looking around the forum the past few days and am absolutely blown away by the number of different options out there. I currently own beats studios (2013) and klipsch is4 but neither are really cutting it for me. I listen to a little bit of everything but mainly classical, jazz, pop, and rock. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #1,145 of 15,646
Hi Head-Fi Users I'm Ben
Although i may have jumped the gun an technically skipped the intro and creating my own thread in complete "new guy" fashion, i thought i'd best introduce myself properly.

Im not experienced in sound to say the least but ive joined the site because i want to learn more about sound and how different equipment can change it dramatically, be able to give my own personal precise impressions of what i hear and what the equipment I'm using allows me too hear, for self purpose and others. I like most genres , basically enjoy music in general. (There are some exceptions)
No better place to begin my journey than here, a place filled with so much knowlege and experience.
Im excited to be here and be able to be apart of such a great commumity.
Look forward to , reading and learning from all.
Cheers

Jan 18, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #1,146 of 15,646
Woo, new members unite!^^ I'm new here too, recently got into audio ever since I started venturing into the PC community 3 years ago. Wish you guys all the best! :D

Jan 18, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #1,147 of 15,646
Woo, new members unite!^^ I'm new here too, recently got into audio ever since I started venturing into the PC community 3 years ago. Wish you guys all the best!
biggrin.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi (including all new members)!  It's cool that you are into the PC community as well -- the PC (and everything related to the PC) has been an enjoyable hobby and occupation for me.

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #1,148 of 15,646
Hi everyone. Im Tim originally from Canada, but now based in Hong Kong. Long time lurker on head-fi but never really got "addicted" until last year. Just want to thank everyone who keep this wonderful site going. It is a wealth of information! A quick intro of my headphone journey:

My first set of iems where the Shure 535se. Had those for a while but could not stand the over ear design. Sold those on a local site and bought myself a pair of IE800. still using them today with a AK120ii that I picked up in december after selling my Fiio X5. Love the bass and fitment of the ie800 although I wish the cable was a little longer. Being a newbie I couldn't really hear the difference between the X5 and the AK120ii, but the interface alone on the AK120ii was enough for me to make the switch. 

My first set of "audiophile" headphones were the Beyerdynamic T5P. Was a complete newbie back then and was sold on the fact that I could run them through my iphone. Didn't know anything about ohms or amps or dacs, but in the end, I was happy with them so no complaints. 
gs1000.gif

Maybe after the 1st month of ownership of the T5P, did the hobby really kick in. I spent countless hours reading the forums, trying to educate myself as none of my friends are into headphones. Before I knew, my headphones and headphone gear grew substantially but the hole in the wallet got bigger and bigger. This is such an expensive but rewarding hobby! 

Just want to show my appreciation for all the members and admins who keep this great site going. 
k701smile.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #1,149 of 15,646
Hi Everyone, never made an introduction here. 

I guess I like listening to headphones actively which is why I prefer them for when I want a real session.

I prefer speakers for general computer use, Youtube, and non-serious usage. But at a sub $300 price point for a complete setup, headphones still offer a great price to perf ratio. 

Anyway. Welcome all

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #1,150 of 15,646
  Hi everyone. Im Tim originally from Canada, but now based in Hong Kong. Long time lurker on head-fi but never really got "addicted" until last year. Just want to thank everyone who keep this wonderful site going. It is a wealth of information! A quick intro of my headphone journey:

My first set of iems where the Shure 535se. Had those for a while but could not stand the over ear design. Sold those on a local site and bought myself a pair of IE800. still using them today with a AK120ii that I picked up in december after selling my Fiio X5. Love the bass and fitment of the ie800 although I wish the cable was a little longer. Being a newbie I couldn't really hear the difference between the X5 and the AK120ii, but the interface alone on the AK120ii was enough for me to make the switch. 

My first set of "audiophile" headphones were the Beyerdynamic T5P. Was a complete newbie back then and was sold on the fact that I could run them through my iphone. Didn't know anything about ohms or amps or dacs, but in the end, I was happy with them so no complaints. 
gs1000.gif

Maybe after the 1st month of ownership of the T5P, did the hobby really kick in. I spent countless hours reading the forums, trying to educate myself as none of my friends are into headphones. Before I knew, my headphones and headphone gear grew substantially but the hole in the wallet got bigger and bigger. This is such an expensive but rewarding hobby! 

Just want to show my appreciation for all the members and admins who keep this great site going. 
k701smile.gif

Welcome, after lurking for a little while, I'm glad you could introduce yourself!  You've got a great stable of headphones thus far, and have the AK120II, so you are definitely on the right track to auditory bliss!  Let me know if you want any suggestions for great sounding C/IEMs that have the socket for a cable that runs down (not over ear like the SE535).

Hi Everyone, never made an introduction here. 

I guess I like listening to headphones actively which is why I prefer them for when I want a real session.

I prefer speakers for general computer use, Youtube, and non-serious usage. But at a sub $300 price point for a complete setup, headphones still offer a great price to perf ratio. 

Anyway. Welcome all

Nice to see you on this thread!  The one the only.  I've never talked to you as we never crossed thread paths, but I've seen you around.  You have contributed a lot to Head-Fi (time, reviews, etc.) - great job with everything! 
beerchug.gif
 (sparkling water in my glass)

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #1,151 of 15,646
Hi, Im Andy

I have been using the site a bit and thought I had better do things properly.

I have been mainly using headphones for a while now and while I have a huge love for all kinds of music having two kids takes m up most of my time and I miss listening.

I love DIY and tweeking and have just started modding my SL1200 and am currently making a new phono stage.

My biggest wish is for a portable WAV player using micro SD cards that will output enough voltage for a proper set of cans. possibly looking at a Fiio X5 though it looks bulky....

Thanks
A

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #1,152 of 15,646
Hello, hello.  I've heard alot on Head Fi for some time on OCN and from my Dad and figured I'd give the site a looky lou.  Looking forward to getting more into this community as I've been bitten by the audio bug for many years now and am just now getting introduced to what true audio is.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #1,153 of 15,646
  Hello, hello.  I've heard alot on Head Fi for some time on OCN and from my Dad and figured I'd give the site a looky lou.  Looking forward to getting more into this community as I've been bitten by the audio bug for many years now and am just now getting introduced to what true audio is.

Ah! A fellow OCN'er!
Welcome to Head-fi!

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #1,155 of 15,646
Hi everybody, I'm Edgar.

I live in Vienna, Austria, in the city which breathes with music. In fact, music is one of the most fundamental parts of Viennese culture. I was always in love with music, and not really long time ago, since 2012, I have become also enthusiastic about personal audio gear. 
On my way I've been seeking for the most accurate and natural sound in Westone 4R, Hifiman HM-601, Sansa Clip+, Hifiman RE-0 and RE-400, Stax SRM-001 SuperFatCat mod and Etymotic MC-5. In my current state I'm in long-lasting relationship with Hifiman HM-801SymmcatEdition v.7.2 and Etymotic ER-4S w/silver cable. I also appreciate Hippo Pro One much and Beyerdynamic DT250/250 Ohm. My reference desktop setup is MyST DAC OCU 1866 v.2 + MyST IzoPhones-60. 
Apart from that hobby, I also love traveling and discovering new countries, new cultures and customs. My occupation is laser physicists, I am researcher at Vienna University of Technology, so I'm fond of physics, laser engineering and optics, too.
So, that's me in a nutshell :)

Cheers,
Edgar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back