New Member Introductions thread
Dec 29, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #991 of 15,646
Hello, 

I've been reading Head-Fi for quite some time now but only recently made an account. The majority of what I listen to is metal, but I love all music. I have Audio Technica ath-m50s, Sennheiser hd598s, Shure srh840s, Hifiman he-500s, and now Audeze lcd-2 rev2 (bought from the classifieds here). All of those purchases were made after many hours of reading Head-Fi
regular_smile .gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #992 of 15,646
  Hello, 

I've been reading Head-Fi for quite some time now but only recently made an account. The majority of what I listen to is metal, but I love all music. I have Audio Technica ath-m50s, Sennheiser hd598s, Shure srh840s, Hifiman he-500s, and now Audeze lcd-2 rev2 (bought from the classifieds here). All of those purchases were made after many hours of reading Head-Fi
regular_smile .gif

Welcome to Head-Fi, mtndew23!  Looks like you have read and graduated with flying colors, as those headphones you purchased are all very good!  You (and anyone reading this) should come to CanJam in Costa Mesa, CA in March, thread link here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/741136/canjam-socal-2015-march-28-29-2015-its-official.  Hope to see all of you there!
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #995 of 15,646
  Thanks for the info and kind words! I'll do my best to make it

No worries!  You may even win some "swag" if you are able to make it to CanJam!

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #997 of 15,646
  Joined yesterday myself.  Just bought a pair of California Headphone Laredo headphones for 15 bucks on amazon.  Will get them tomorrow. I The company is selling off their inventory and they have received great reviews.  We shall see.  

I just bought some myself. i hope they live up to the hype. I read that the Silverado's were $30 for a wile and i missed out :frowning2: now they are $99.

Dec 30, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #998 of 15,646
Hello, 

regular_smile%20.gif

How would compare the 598 in terms of solid rich sound to the m50's???

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #999 of 15,646
Hi,

I was looking for the best place to seek informations and advices about sound devices, and it seems that I found it.
I listen to every types of music, with a little preference for electro.
I am the happy owner of a Beyerdynamic MMX300, And I fell in love with the Yamaha EPH-100 and a fiio X3  some years ago.
The EPH-100 really pleased me , but they failed me for the fifth time, so maybe it's time to move along...

And this is what pushed me to create an account.

I Hope we'll get along well 
smile.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #1,000 of 15,646
Hi,

I was looking for the best place to seek informations and advices about sound devices, and it seems that I found it.
I listen to every types of music, with a little preference for electro.
I am the happy owner of a Beyerdynamic MMX300, And I fell in love with the Yamaha EPH-100 and a fiio X3  some years ago.
The EPH-100 really pleased me , but they failed me for the fifth time, so maybe it's time to move along...

And this is what pushed me to create an account.

I Hope we'll get along well :smile:  

Welcome to head-fi, and I hope you find the information you need to become a happy audiophile with a drained wallet.

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #1,001 of 15,646
How would compare the 598 in terms of solid rich sound to the m50's???

I think they both sound pretty rich, but they're different. I prefer the bass on the m50s (though it can be a bit boomy sometimes) and the mids on the 598s. The bass doesn't sound bad on the 598s, but I do wish there was just a liiiiiiittle bit more of it. I think the treble also sounds a bit smoother on the 598s. I actually stopped using the m50s when I got the 598s. Also, the 598s are open, and the m50s are closed. Sorry for the lack of audiophile terms. I'm new to actually describing what I hear instead of just listening

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #1,002 of 15,646
I think they both sound pretty rich, but they're different. I prefer the bass on the m50s (though it can be a bit boomy sometimes) and the mids on the 598s. The bass doesn't sound bad on the 598s, but I do wish there was just a liiiiiiittle bit more of it. I think the treble also sounds a bit smoother on the 598s. I actually stopped using the m50s when I got the 598s. Also, the 598s are open, and the m50s are closed. Sorry for the lack of audiophile terms. I'm new to actually describing what I hear instead of just listening

I do like the m50 i have heard them but not the 598 im curiouse about how they would do with metal,tightly produced metal not sloppy slipknot kind of crap but more clean and precise djent and others if the likes my v modas are very satisfying but i really wantbthe effect of an open back and for it to be portable and compatable with my iphone in terms of impedence

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #1,003 of 15,646
I do like the m50 i have heard them but not the 598 im curiouse about how they would do with metal,tightly produced metal not sloppy slipknot kind of crap but more clean and precise djent and others if the likes my v modas are very satisfying but i really wantbthe effect of an open back and for it to be portable and compatable with my iphone in terms of impedence

I think the 598s sound good without an amp. I tried them straight out of my laptop, phone, and iPod. Guitars sound great with them, but if you feel like you'd be unhappy if the m50s had any less bass then you might not like the 598s. As far as portability, I think they're very light and comfortable but still seem pretty durable as well. I wouldn't have any hesitations regarding carrying them around.  

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #1,004 of 15,646
Hello all, I have been reading Head-Fi for quite a while now (almost a year) but have only just made this account. I recently bought the V-Moda M100s but returned them after 2 weeks since they broke, and now I'm considering something else, possibly the beyerdynamic DT770s. I hope we'll all get along, and happy listening!

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #1,005 of 15,646
Hello everyone.  I have been a long time lurker on the forum like many others.  I thought it's time for me to actually become more involved on head-fi.  While I was lurking in the dark, my wallet had already suffered greatly.  I have owned (past and present) a number of headphones along the way: Grado SR 60 & 325i, Koss PortaPro & KSC75, Shure E3C & SE215, Bose QC25, Sennheiser HD201, Momentum, HD650 & HD800 (in the mail), and Etymotics ER4PT.  I am slowly climbing the digital ladder as well.  I started with a regular Panasonic CD player and followed up with a Firestone DAC.  My interest in experimenting with hi-res files led to purchase an AK120II (in the mail).  Next on the list, I am hoping to improve my laptop setup in search of an flexible and dedicated music laptop that is as quiet as possible.  Since my X-Can V3 may not be a good match with the HD 800, I am hoping to discover both a desktop and portable solution for the HD800.  

I appreciate everyone's contribution to my journey thus far, and hope to see you all down the road!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back