New Member Introductions thread
Dec 26, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #976 of 15,646
HI! I'm i cheap-Fi headphone addict and it looks like iv come to the right place. Iv already found so much help full information here at head-fi. I enjoy listening to all kinds of music on my sansa clip (with rockbox thanks to recommendations from head-fi-ers) and my current favorite headphones are my Koss ksc75's with a parts-express headband (another head-fi hack). Cant wait to dig deeper!

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #977 of 15,646
Ive owned grado sr60e's, sr80i's as well as sr125i in the past and still have my sr80i's. I didn't hear much of a difference between them personally. they all sounded very clean and clear wile being very uncomfortable i rarely use my sr80i's anymore. i would recommend the sr60e's. they are cheaper with almost no difference in sound.
Hi,
I'm from Turkey and I'dont speak english
smily_headphones1.gif

Grado sr80i or sr60e ?
Metal music performance ? Please..

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #981 of 15,646
@thebluebulk I get it Thanks but sr80i bass is said to be better.
How Sr80i (Death,Opeth,LTE,Tool etc) performance ?
Is it a choking sound?
Sorry google translate.

in my opinion none of the grado headphones are good for metal or rock music and none of my grado headphones had very good bass. if your listening to metal and want some great sounding headphones i would recommend a pair of Monoprice 8323 headphones($23). they are closed back and have plenty of bass without being overwhelming. another great pair would be the Koss portapro or sportapro($40-$20) headphones. they are open back and have a very open sound with plenty of bass. do some searching here on Head-Fi im sure this has been discussed before. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #982 of 15,646
  HI! I'm i cheap-Fi headphone addict and it looks like iv come to the right place. Iv already found so much help full information here at head-fi. I enjoy listening to all kinds of music on my sansa clip (with rockbox thanks to recommendations from head-fi-ers) and my current favorite headphones are my Koss ksc75's with a parts-express headband (another head-fi hack). Cant wait to dig deeper!

Have at look at this thread, http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-113-portable-headphones-reviewed-alpha-design-labs-adl-h118-added-07-15-14 It is good starting point.

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #983 of 15,646
Hey all my name is john kimbler and i LOVE music specifically orchestral,soundtrack scores and metal...and im always trying to find the best headphones to suit whatever im listening to so hopefully im at the right place,now, where do i find answers to specific questions i have that havent been asked yet or arent in any threads???

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #984 of 15,646
I currently use the V-moda m100 when i want a thick sound for my metal and a pair of sennheiser hd 429 for my acoustic and soundtrack stuff so im looking to get something new to my collection for an in between and/or a new experience and im torn between these two Blue MoFu and the sennheiser Hd 598 which of these ultimately makes for the more enjoyable experience when used with an iphone 6 playing music @ 320kbps or apple lossless??? I do like rich bass but i love a full soundstage as well

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #986 of 15,646
Hello, I'm new to this forum and just received a pair of Westone UM Pro 30's for Christmas. I did research this gift here and the advice was very helpful.

I am a drummer, music educator, home theater hobbyist, and a fairly critical music listener. Looking forward to learning more...

Dec 28, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #987 of 15,646
That is a good point, a got the e12 to run the ATH-m50x's and also to run any future headphone might get. However the sound improvement from using the e12 is nice but it not life shattering and you might want to wait before yea get a device that's as expensive as your new cans. But to this irrational audiophile, it's all worth it, to hear such great music lol. Please have a good one jamming out.

I appreciate the help! I'll probably just stick with my old e11 for now and upgrade if I ever get some cans that are harder to drive.

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #988 of 15,646
I'm a new member, but a long-time reader of HeadFi.  I'd been eye-balling the Sennheiser HD600/HD650's for a while now, and when I got the opportunity to buy the HD600 at a good price I figured these would make a good post-Christmas present to myself.  Long time home theater addict, but I am reacquainting myself in the headphone world, so I look forward to reading up more on headphones and amps.

Dec 29, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #990 of 15,646
Hi,
 I found this forum a few days ago while researching options for console gaming headsets.  I probably have spent over 15 hours in the last few days just soaking in the info here. I don't have anything special, just everything hooked up to a Denon AVR-2312CI connected to Bose 301 IV series LF/RF and VCS-10 center that I got 16 years ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back