New Member Introductions thread
Dec 16, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #917 of 15,590
Hi, I've been a leacher for a while and finally did the right thing and joined the community :)) Been into high-end audio for about 10 years now but only within the last couple of years have I found the benefits of a really good headphone setup. I couldn't have done it without Head-Fi and I'm looking forward to really immersing myself in the community.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #918 of 15,590
Whoops! I guess "leacher" may have been the wrong vernacular. I the way I saw it was I "leached" information from this site without equally giving back
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #921 of 15,590
Just a quick into. Long time home audio enthusiast new to higher end portable audio. New rig includes Fiio X3 paired with Fiio E12 and Klispch X11 IEM. Really enjoying it.

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #923 of 15,590
Hello everyone! 21 year old audio-hobbyist. I'd like to call myself "audiophile," but I don't believe I have the proper gear to do so. I feel as though I know a pretty decent amount about the technical side of the audio world, in general, for my age. Hoping to learn some stuff, get and give product recommendations, and just chat about audio stuff in general.

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #924 of 15,590
  Just a quick into. Long time home audio enthusiast new to higher end portable audio. New rig includes Fiio X3 paired with Fiio E12 and Klispch X11 IEM. Really enjoying it.

I like your avatar - great show, and man, those were the days!  "Four touchdowns in one game!" 
biggrin.gif

The extreme bass club thread's (http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club) thread starter uses his E12 to power his JVC HA-SZ2000.  You can pump up the bass if you are into that sort of thing with your E12. 

Welcome (and every new member who has posted on this thread) to Head-Fi!
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 18, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #925 of 15,590
Hello, world!

I've been lurking for a couple months, and have just joined. I've learned a lot here, and I'm having fun getting into personal audio. Thank you to the moderators, volunteers, and the community at large!

Terry

Dec 18, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #926 of 15,590
New member here!  I've been lurking for a couple of years now and I just started posting. First off wow, thanks to everyone who contributes their impressions and knowledge to help newbies such as myself!  You're all amazing and plan on picking your brains for some time!

I first started off with my iphone 4s with B&W IEM's from apple store. I returned them because well they just weren't powered right. (I had no knowledge of headphone amps)

I traded those for Klipsch s4i's which at the time were highly praised, until the cable came out of left IEM. Kind of left it alone for awhile but wanted more than what my Samsung Galaxy s5 is offering, so I purchased a clip+ then couple months later a pair of Hifiman Re-400 to play on it.

Now I've just ordered a fiio x1 and plan on stacking it with an amp (just dont know which one yet). Musical preferences are classical and jazz!

Well that's my small intro! Happy listening!

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #929 of 15,590
Hello, my name is Steve and I would like some help. Originally, I thought I would integrate headphones into my home theater.  The more I try to set up zone 2 with my Marantz, the more frustrating it is. Oppo, Marantz and I cannot make it work. Geez.

I am auditioning the Oppo HA 1 amp and Oppo PM 2 this weekend. I also am listening to the Sennheiser HD 800 with the HA 1.

Listening to these head phones with just the amp, I think now that the phones should probably be used as a stand alone with an ipad or iPhone at my desk or treadmill.

Is my thinking correct?

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back