New Member Introductions thread
Oct 25, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #646 of 15,646
  Hey everyone!
New Toronto, Canada member to Head-Fi here. I'm a Grado girl myself but i love reading about new tech and audiophile gear on here. I'm more into recording gear and fx hardware but I do love a great pair of phones or speakers.

Nice to meet you! I was just in Toronto like a month ago and I'm a girl as well. :Welcome to Head-Fi and enjoy your grados :D.

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #648 of 15,646
Hey everyone!
New Toronto, Canada member to Head-Fi here. I'm a Grado girl myself but i love reading about new tech and audiophile gear on here. I'm more into recording gear and fx hardware but I do love a great pair of phones or speakers.

Welcome "spacycope91"... (Heartfelt thoughts for Canada after the Ottawa tragedy). You will find many kindred spirits on head-fi who share your interests. I share interest in recording. Priobably not as refined as your equipment but using Marantz Pro, Zoom H2N portable recorders and Mackie ProFX12 Mixer. Enjoy your new friends on head-fi!

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #650 of 15,646
Hi everyone!

My name is Marvin from Philippines. I am lurking on this forum for quite sometime. =D
I'm into IEM's and I'm looking for my first high-end universal/custom iem.
I wish to audition them but sadly I cannot since most are not available here.
So hoping I can get the best advise from you guys.

Oct 26, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #651 of 15,646
Hi everyone!

I'm Duncan, from England with Scottish roots and I live in the south of France.

Like many joiners I've spent a fair amount of time lurking on the forums before joining. Amongst my equipment I have:

- A Beyerdynamic DT990 250ohm which is over 20 yrs old and in excellent condition (ear pads changed once or twice) - no, I don't want to sell it, before anyone asks!

- a VSonic GR07 Bass Edition - to be honest I don't like this really. I've had problems with the fit and don't like its signature.

- a shure SE215, which I prefer to the GR07 BE, though it can't compare to my DT990's.

On the source side, I listen through computers, laptops, android tablets and phones and a sansa clip+, and a Philips CD850 (23-24yrs old and still wonderful after all these years).

In the distant past I worked as a monitors engineer at a venue in England and did the monitors sound for a load of bands (including some of the biggest groups that exist and are still active) and concerts.

I'm currently looking to get a new closed portable headphone, and will be asking advice on this in the coming days... :)

Oct 26, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #653 of 15,646
hi yo all. 

i'm currently in NH, New England. i been loving headphone n IEMs when i can afford them. Recently i got serious about Audiophile products, and yes the "Sorry for your wallet " only got funny at times now.

My noticeable purchases:
UE triple fi 10. great product
UE 9000. another great product. seen to break easy though. got a second replacement.
SHURE 846.  Black filter mod.....greatttt
AK 120ii.    got stolen in Vietnam. While i was doing  photoshoot in a flower market at like  4am.....in a FLOWER MARKET.
SONY mdr z7. got it in Japan while i was layover in Narita airport. 

Looking forward to learn more about all things Audiophiles.

I"m currently looking at the Sony PHA3 with it balance out.

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #654 of 15,646
  hi yo all. 

i'm currently in NH, New England. i been loving headphone n IEMs when i can afford them. Recently i got serious about Audiophile products, and yes the "Sorry for your wallet " only got funny at times now.

My noticeable purchases:
UE triple fi 10. great product
UE 9000. another great product. seen to break easy though. got a second replacement.
SHURE 846.  Black filter mod.....greatttt
AK 120ii.    got stolen in Vietnam. While i was doing  photoshoot in a flower market at like  4am.....in a FLOWER MARKET.
SONY mdr z7. got it in Japan while i was layover in Narita airport. 

Looking forward to learn more about all things Audiophiles.

I"m currently looking at the Sony PHA3 with it balance out.

Congrats on the Shure SE846, and the "black filter mod" - looks like you have been reading the impressions thread! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sorry your AK got stolen.  Karma seems to work pretty well, though.

Welcome to the Head-Fi, and have a great day! 

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #655 of 15,646
Hello. Recently got into this hobby and obsession. 

I live between Canada and China and I finally decided I need to ask help and made an account.

Made some weird and sucessful purchases in the past:
Fiio E17
ATH-AD700x
Bose QC20i
Beats Studios (worst decision ever)

After trying a few, I'm in to full sized headphones (open or closed) and definitely not IEMs.
Really interested in learning more from all of you.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #658 of 15,646
thought i'd drop a hello in here as well... I've been learning quite a bit on this site over the last few weeks and it has been quite helpful. I'm ready to leave the Koss Plug headphones I currently have on a bus or something on purpose and get something a little more refined. Leaning toward a Shure IEM instead at the moment... but I love reading about all the different gear and setups that everyone has. Happy listening!

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #659 of 15,646
Ciao. I am just starting to learn about the world of headphones. I do not produce or make any music using digital mediums, but it is fascinating to learn on these forums about how important a great set of headphones can be. I mostly listen to music through my laptop or portable device. I really like psychedelic trance, indy rock (Lykke Li, Modest Mouse), 80s New Wave, Russian neo-classical composers (Prokofiev) and some old school hip hop from my youth, so I have been told to stick with good all-around headphones for fitting that spectrum. This is a great website and it's cool to see how helpful everyone is!

Any other psytrance fans lurking on this site? 
beerchug.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #660 of 15,646
Hey folks, Ken here, proud owner of 2 pairs of headphones at the moment, the first pair not worth writing home about is my abused Sennheiser HD477 basic cans which see use and abuse, the other pair is Sony's MDR1R cans, awaiting the dynamat mod I've seen on here (yeah I've been lurking....sue me lol)

I hail from the west coast-ish of Canada eh, Abbotsford BC, a suburb of Vancouver. Lots to learn about headphones but am currently on the hunt for a decent budget headphone amp to bring more life out of the Sony's, the HD477s...not so much lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back