New Member Introductions thread
Sep 16, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #481 of 15,584
Beautiful story, PrincessZero! You may just win for most epic entry post...ever! :bigsmile_face:

Welcome to Head-Fi, I'm sure you'll learn even more than you have already have, from knowledgeable members. I'm sure that you'll be able to help and teach them a thing or two as well. Take care!

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #482 of 15,584
Hello Head-Fi! 

I am new here, and am on a quest...

I used to listen to CD's in the 90's endlessly (mainly pop/rock), on a "cheap" $200 speaker system. Then one day, I decided to upgrade to a CD, AMP and Speaker combo which was classed as "HiFi" and cost about $2000. So I went to a local HiFi store, and auditioned the equipment I was interested in. I bought some of my favorite CD tracks with me to listen to. I was blown away. It was pretty much a life-changing experience. The clarity, and precision of the sound, the quietness between phrases and lack of distortion was breathtaking. It was like I was listening to tracks I had never heard before - so much more was revealed.I was in HiFi Nirvana. Then a life-changing experience came - I married, moved to a foreign country, and had kids.. so I never got to buy my dream system. Now nearly 20 years later... I want to get back to where I was and listen to those amazing tracks again, in incredible quality.

But, things change... and having a dedicated home system is not where I want to be. So, I thought why not buy a high quality portable player and some great ear-buds... maybe I can get back some of what I was missing. I listen to MP3 on my iPhone all the time, but I yearn for that detail and transparency which I know is there hiding from me.

So that is my quest... and sorry some of the sentences above are from my other post - why re-invent the wheel? :) 

Take Care!

Mark

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #485 of 15,584
Hi, fanatic member of a french headphone forum i ma Very happy today to be a new member of head fi group.

Welcome to you et bonne journée :wink:

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #486 of 15,584
I am just looking for on-ear headphones that fit *small*, and I've been browsing like crazy for a few days!  I will probably go with Sennheiser Momentum headphones unless a better deal or strong recommendation comes my way.   Surprisingly, tons of reviews don't mention fit, which means I can't give them much consideration.   Here's hoping someone starts marketing headphones for petite women. :) 

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #487 of 15,584
Sennheiser's indeed are well suited for small heads :D

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #489 of 15,584
Not quite sure where this belongs.  I'm thinking of upgrading from a pair Meelectronics M6 to possibly Dunu Dn-12 Tridents for portable use.
I'm not sure if that would be an actual upgrade in sound quality or just a lateral slide in sound signature only.

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #490 of 15,584
Just wanted to say hi to all - My name is Julian (just joined today) and i have been reading and taking advice from this site for ages so it is great to finally join !!! -

I have loved headphones ever since i was young and had an old pair of white Pioneer SE's (cannot remeber mod no)  !!!

I love the intimate way of getting lost in the music that headphones give us all, i guess that sums it up for me..

The headphones i currently own are Audeze LCD 2.2 - i absolutely love the LCD sound and find them quite magical !!

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #491 of 15,584
Hey everyone,

I've been looking for headset advice of late and found this place to be one of the best.
Looking forward to reading from the amount of experience in this community.

Razac

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #492 of 15,584
Hi Head-Fi!

I've been lurking these forums for a bit, finally decided to register and start posting. Just wanted to say thank you to all of the posters for the wealth of knowledge you have provided. 

P.S. My girlfriend and bank account hate you all.

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #494 of 15,584
Hi Head-Fi, 

Been sitting here all this time (few years now) and have not yet introduced myself.

Like many of you i like crisp sound, nice looking cans and also enjoy playing games with my favourite pair.

Love what you've done with the place :)

Yours,
Iskren

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #495 of 15,584
Thanks @moedawg140
Its ironic of all welcoming members you were the one to post, because i did indeed learn a few months back from you that when I get around to buying a pair of SE846's I should try a pair of  full shell sleeves for them. I had custom sleeves made for an old pair of Bose triport - in ear models and that experience left a bad taste in my mouth. So thank you for that wonderful review of your pair of Sensaphonics. 

Princess Zero <3 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back