New Member Introductions thread
Aug 14, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #346 of 15,539
Hello ello/salut/howzit

I've been collecting vinyl and FLAC since forever ago - currently attempting to solve this problemo:http://www.head-fi.org/t/729875/pc-stereo-megasetup#post_10780714

What I lack in knowledge of general A\V (largely due to never having the money to buy anything) I make up for in general computer, especially PC-building expertise. Feel free to ask if you ever want a build or some components (I can usually reply with a full build in an hour, just include a budget). Cheers.

ATH-M50, Denon D1000s, Denon DR435R receiver, 1980s Technic turntable, Logitech z2300 2.1 PC setup

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #348 of 15,539
Hey guys, I'm Dan. Just posting to say Hi.

Been listening to a pair of HD650's via an STX and Matrix M Stage for a couple of years now. I've often found the forums helpful as a non member so I figured I'd join up.

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #350 of 15,539
Hello,

Just joined, I've lurked around the forums and reviews for a while.

I wouldn't call myself a serious audiofile or anything.  I like gadgets and music though.

At home I use:  Sennheiser HD595 
Had them for about 10 years now, probably should upgrade but they still work great

At work I use: Beyerdynamic DTX 501p
I really like them, great sound for the price and size.

Gym:  I'm about to order a pair of the Jaybird BlueBuds X.
Unless I find something better in the immediate future.  I can't stand cables when I'm running.

Joining just to get more feedback and learn.  Hoping to pick up a small amp for my mobile devices or something in the near future.

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #352 of 15,539
Hey everyone! Guess I will post here too. I came across Head-Fi when looking for replacements for my old IEM Sennheiser OCX 685i. I've never really paid much attention to sound quality and such before. I was just looking for a pair of IEMs with detachable cables with a good sound (which admittedly, would need to be a sound signature with a bit of bass punch) and at an affordable budget. After a lot of reading, I ended up on the Audio Technica ATH IM70, and I became quite interested in the subject matter. So I went to look for some good headphones, and bought Audio Technica M50 (red) headphones and a Fiio E06 portable amplifer for use at work. I am quite satisfied with all my gear and now I am looking for a good set-up at home for gaming and music purposes (feel free to help me out, if you please). I have the feeling I'll be spending a lot more than I should on all of this equipment...   

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #354 of 15,539
  Hey everyone! Guess I will post here too. I came across Head-Fi when looking for replacements for my old IEM Sennheiser OCX 685i. I've never really paid much attention to sound quality and such before. I was just looking for a pair of IEMs with detachable cables with a good sound (which admittedly, would need to be a sound signature with a bit of bass punch) and at an affordable budget. After a lot of reading, I ended up on the Audio Technica ATH IM70, and I became quite interested in the subject matter. So I went to look for some good headphones, and bought Audio Technica M50 (red) headphones and a Fiio E06 portable amplifer for use at work. I am quite satisfied with all my gear and now I am looking for a good set-up at home for gaming and music purposes (feel free to help me out, if you please). I have the feeling I'll be spending a lot more than I should on all of this equipment...   

Hey mate, you've made a good choice with the AT M50's, they're a fantastic pair of 'phones for the price they sell at. I'll take a look at your home setup thread later :)

Aug 16, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #356 of 15,539
Just a first post to say hello.

I've been heavily into headphones since age 15 and in my career in radio/television (remember Koss Pro 4AAA or Koss Red Devils?).

Current cans are AKG K701s and AT ATH-M50s but I'm looking for something better...

Thanks!

Michael

Aug 16, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #357 of 15,539
Hi All!

I'm from Portugal and new to this parts, hope to learn some thing about head fi!
Just a first post to say hello.

I've been heavily into headphones since age 15 and in my career in radio/television (remember Koss Pro 4AAA or Koss Red Devils?).

Current cans are AKG K701s and AT ATH-M50s but I'm looking for something better...

Thanks!

Michael

Welcome to you and I... I gess...:D

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #358 of 15,539
Hello all, small-time lurker from down under finally decided to join up! 

I've been running on my ATH-M50s for about 18 months now and am looking to upgrade after being a bit too rough with the cans and damaging them! Done about 10 hours of reading various threads over the past few days and purchased some Amperiors for portable use but still undecided on what to grab for home use--planning to make a post soon :)

Anyway, looking forward to becoming an active member on here. 

Cheers.

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #360 of 15,539
Hello,
I am new here as well although I have been checking this website anytime I wanted to upgrade my gear !
Currently I am using an ibasso DX100 and fitearToGo 340 IEM. I am looking to upgrade for one of the new AK120 II or AK240 even though I am not certain the price differential is worth the gain in sound quality. Hope that I will be able to find some advice here.

Cheers,
Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back