New Member Introductions thread
Aug 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #331 of 15,552
Hello, all! I've been looking at this great site for a while and thought it was about time I joined. I have just started looking for my first set of headphones and would be happy to hear your recommendations. I want good (and very comfortable), open or semi-open, over ear headphones that work especially well with classical music, preferably no more than about $500-700 new or used, although I might be persuaded to go up to just under $1000 for something really great. I've heard a friend's Beyerdynamic T1 (great soundstage and very open, but a bit uncomfortable on my ears and lacking some richness and bass) and Hifiman 560 (full and rich though not as open or clear), and tried some other cans at Capital Audio Fest (but in a noisy room that wasn't good for careful auditioning).  Based on some cans I heard and reviews I've read, I think I might be most interested in Grado GS1000 (at the top of my price range), Sennheiser HD800 (only if I could get it used under $1000), HD700, HD650 or HD600, Shure SRH1840, OPPO PM2, or Hifiman 400i. I'd be using the headphone amp (Class A) in my Modwright LS100 preamp/DAC.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #332 of 15,552
Hey everyone.  Excited to be hear and hear all about the awesome stuff going on in the headfi world.  My current setup is a little funky still as i am still to find exactly what i want for over ear listening.  So here it goes. 
DAC: Meridian Explorer 
AMP: Schiit Asgard 2 
IEM: Westone UM-Pro 30
CIEM: 1964 ears V8's 
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700, AKG K550, AKG Q701, and Beyer DT880

I am hoping to decrease the number of cans and I have been eyeballing the Audeze LCD-2's for some time.  Concern will the asgard power them or will i need to go to the vallhalla or bigger?  I am a huge Schiit fan and would love to stay with their products for my amplification. 

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #335 of 15,552
Hi Guys, am Sree from India. I am a new member here, but been following this forum for a few months.
I like Alt. rock and Classical music. At present I own a SONY MDR-EX110LP in-ear and Sennheiser HD 202 Mark ii.
I am saving up for some good quality gear, now that Grados are available in India. I would like to learn all about the awesome cans and amps out here. 

Aug 10, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #336 of 15,552
Hello everyone!

I'm Mervin (excuse that nickname hahahahaha, i use it all the time) and i am addicted to headphones. "Sorry for your wallet" already applies to me LOL.

Gear: ATH-M50x, Meelectronics M6, Sennheiser HD201 + Fiio E3 amp, HTC One M8.

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #340 of 15,552
Hi,

It's been a while I'm reading some threads here. I guess I should have registered for long... so here I am !
Into the music since a long time as guitar player and a singer.
In the audio first with speakers setup, and more and more with in-ear and headphones !

English is not my mother tongue, so I apologise from now for the mistakes I'll make ^^

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #341 of 15,552
Hi everybody - I'm a lurker turned member- have received much useful advice from your forums already and decided I had to join. thanks, it's great to be here.

Aug 11, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #342 of 15,552
A big hello to all the new members here... I remember when my member was new. It's quite a bit bigger now 
tongue.gif

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #344 of 15,552
Hello, very excited to share one of my new found hobbies with others. I love my personal audio, it has been a great way to spend my time, along with the avalanche of new information regarding sound/music/hardware I have found on this site to be extremely helpful in my quest for audio upgrades etc... I finally gathered the courage to create a profile, and try to become apart of the community. So simply put Hello:) I look forward to this new venture, everyone seems to be quite friendly to each other here. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #345 of 15,552
Hey all, I'm new here and this my first post :)

I'm building a PC gaming machine for the first time since '04, and have finally figured out all of my components except the sound card and headphones (and possibly amp). I'll be posting a thread asking questions and things but I wanted to say hi here first. :)

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back