New Member Introductions thread
May 21, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #76 of 15,537
Greetings everyone,

I'm a new member in the head-fi world and I like to jack anything into my phone to listen to. I really like to learn things from this forum and I absolutely got a lot from reading stuff in the past year. Though I still get no clue why people are hailing grado...

May 21, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #77 of 15,537
@LostInMyDream It took me a couple of years before I "got" Grado headphones. What didn't help was that I was listening, most of the time, with more bass-heavy cans, so switching on the fly when trying them at a friend's house music sounded awful with them.

May 23, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #79 of 15,537
Hey everything, Name is Ryan hailing from the sunshine state of Florida. I may not be new per say as I joined 2 years ago but I haven't made my first post yet and so why not start in the new member's thread. I visit head-fi to read up and learn what is going on in the audio world. I use head-fi to also influence my decisions on buying my audio gear (what small amount I have). I'm into rock, alternative, electronic, trance and international music such as korean, japanese and chinese. Nice to meet you all and see you on the forums.

May 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #80 of 15,537
Hi, my names Jay, and i live in sunny Scotland..
Long time lurker, first time poster
smily_headphones1.gif

Love the site, many of the reviews have influenced my previous purchases.

I'm not a hoarder of gear, just music:
Current Gear:

Beyer DT770 Pro (80 Ohm)
Sen HD 25-1-11
RME Babyface audio interface
Samson Resolv A8 monitors
Self built DAW PC

Mostly listen to electronic music, but not limited to any genre or type. (Like a good baseline)
Recently ordered my first amp (portable), cant wait to try it out :)

Jay

May 24, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #81 of 15,537
I have descended upon this land to share my logic.

I live in California, and I have been on a long search for the perfect headphones in our warm climate.
I listen to everything, but mostly to anime osts and electronic music.

My current gear consists of my Shure SRH240A, my Lenovo Y480, my Altec Lansing speakers, and my doctoring headphones. 

May 25, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #83 of 15,537
Hello, new member but not new to audio or Head-Fi. I've been using this site as a resource for a while. My current set up is a Cambridge Audio DACMagic 100 and Schiit Asgard 2. I also have a late 70s Trio seperates hifi that I am in the process of reburshing and finding the missing turntable and graphic equaliser. In the future I would like to aquire a tube amp and some more headphones. My current collection is AKG K240, K141, K550, K701, Sony MDR-V6, MDR-CD900ST, MDR-V55, Audio Technica ATH-M50, Etymotic Research hf5, Koss PortaPro and a pair of Marshall Minors. Some people say that I should have just spent my money on one premium set of headphones but for me the hobby is about experiencing the different sound offered by the variety of headphones out there. I've got my entire life to work up to the high end, I'll take my time to find what I really like and have fun doing it. I hope I can be a constructive member.

May 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #84 of 15,537
Hi my my name is David I have a pair of of q jays and the right earpiece doesn't work at all . Tried changing the filters even took them off jays support told they do not do out of warranty repairs .What the hell do I do now. Any suggestions?

May 25, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #85 of 15,537
Hey y'all,
This looks like it might be a great place to get advice on getting some good earphones. I'm a vinyl junkie from waaayyy back and I'm looking for earphones that have that smooth vinyl sound. Budget is open. A lot of my listening is around 1970's classic rock, soul and R&B. I appreciate your best recommendations.

May 25, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #86 of 15,537
Hello,

Recently joined up when my Denon AH-C400s started giving out. Things were going so well, probably the best since fate brought us together 6 months ago and then this. Very sad. Not quite sure where I go from here but hopefully something approaching an answer will present itself.

Happy listening.

May 25, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #89 of 15,537
Hey y'all,
This looks like it might be a great place to get advice on getting some good earphones. I'm a vinyl junkie from waaayyy back and I'm looking for earphones that have that smooth vinyl sound. Budget is open. A lot of my listening is around 1970's classic rock, soul and R&B. I appreciate your best recommendations.
Listening to Sabbath "Never Say Die" on repeat...

May 26, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #90 of 15,537
Hi my my name is David I have a pair of of q jays and the right earpiece doesn't work at all . Tried changing the filters even took them off jays support told they do not do out of warranty repairs .What the hell do I do now. Any suggestions?

Light them on fire and push them out to sea on a paper boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back