New Member Introductions thread
Feb 18, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #9,511 of 15,538
FiiO Q5 is a fantastic device for your needs. To give it some perspective. I have a NAD M3 180 watt, dual mono, stable to 4ohm integrated amp that I had custom Norne Audio speaker tap cables made for. This means that I drive my headphones right from the speaker terminals of the M3 and it is a well regarded piece of kit. Even so, when I use my Q5 I do not notice any drop in performance, if there is one, it is essentially below the level of perceptibility. I have owned Schiit gear and really enjoy it, but I highly recommend you try the Q5. It is a very well done piece of gear and I simply love the Bluetooth implementation. I hear no difference when I stream to the Q5 from my phone versus using USB into the Q5 so you gain the flexibility of a wireless source being part of your rig. Just a thought.

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to definitely give the Q5 a try.

Feb 18, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #9,512 of 15,538
Thanks for the advice! I'm going to definitely give the Q5 a try.
Great device, I would be shocked if you regretted the decision. I was part of the Q5 review tour and loved it so much that despite not really needing it I bought it anyway and I am very glad that I did. The Bluetooth is simply wonderful to have and I highly encourage you to try it out and see just how far Bluetooth has come.

Feb 18, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #9,513 of 15,538
大家好!我是中国耳机的小粉丝。我不会说英语,如果我不能说清楚的话,提前给每个人一个假:)
3年前我拿到了我的第一部耳机(JVC s500),现在我想制作自己的音乐,所以我正在为录音和混音目的寻找耳机,如果有人有任何建议请告诉我!
谢谢!
Sorry, but we've no idea what this says.

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #9,514 of 15,538
Hello all! Recently a friend introduced me to this forum and It seems like a great resource for all my audio needs. From the reviews to the classified sections. I've only recently got an O2 amp and dac, to power my older AKG q701s and they seem to do a great job. I hope to bring some value and learn a lot on the way! Thanks everyone!

Feb 18, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #9,515 of 15,538
Hi all,

Another one of those people that got a recommendation to take a look here in my quest for a new headphone.
Currently I my audio setup is kinda all over the place. Speakers are the Presonis Eris E4.5, hooked up to the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd gen. My headphones of choice are the Sony MDR950BT, those broke so had to use tape to keep it together and use those at home now. Bought a new pair, MDR950BT Noice Cancelling for on the go. At work I have my even "older" pair, Sennheiser Urbanite XL. Currently looking towards buying an open back pair with most likely an amp for it.

Not looking towards diving in this money pit, I already have one, mechanical keyboards :p So for this purchase I set a budget of €300, which I think is perfectly doable. Mostly listen to de

That's all for now :)

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #9,516 of 15,538
Hi everybody, I found this great site cause I like music!!! And I wanna hear it like it should, I don't have the tons of money so I'm starting with the basics, and it seems that I came to the right place. Right now I only have a Xduoo player and a Vsonic erarphones.

Thanks to everyone that made posible this site, every night before sleep I spend my time here.

Feb 19, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #9,520 of 15,538
Hello everyone I’m new to this whole experience and I can’t Believe it has taken me such a long time to discover such greatness ! I’m a musician and will most likely follow up to some gear here because this is some amazing stuff!

So Far I have acquired a pioneer xdp 100r and I just bought an xpa 700 amp companion ! And looking at some pelican travel cases as I plan on doing some beach time soul searching with music and portable setup!

Next I’m looking at a pair of Sony MDR z7 because I will probably shoot myself in the leg if I go crazy on a pair of Z1R
Welcome aboard. @AM83! Don't shoot yourself--they're just headphones.:)

Feb 19, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #9,521 of 15,538
Hello all! Recently a friend introduced me to this forum and It seems like a great resource for all my audio needs. From the reviews to the classified sections. I've only recently got an O2 amp and dac, to power my older AKG q701s and they seem to do a great job. I hope to bring some value and learn a lot on the way! Thanks everyone!
Welcome aboard, @Godspeed1715! That's a nice rig you've got. Sorry about your wallet. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back