New Member Introductions thread
Oct 10, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #6,617 of 15,563
^ We all started with that. Luckily for me I've reach the end of the line: a really good sounding computer audio speaker setup.

Oct 11, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #6,618 of 15,563
Hello,

Just signed up. I'm more of a pragmatist and trying to find the sweet spot on the diminishing returns curve that is Audio Gear. My Schiit Valhalla 2 is currently out for repair so I am plugging my headphones straight into the audio output of the PC in the office (that admission alone will probably get me banned for heresy).

Oct 11, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #6,619 of 15,563
Another new member here. A few months ago I was looking for a pair of bluetooth headphones and could find lots of detailed infos about different kinds of them in here. Unfortunately the p7w from Bowers and Wilkins couldn't satisfy me due to some comfort issues. I loved how they sounded though...
Now the B&W PX has been released and I'm seriously excited about it. That's why I'm here, making an account to finally find the perfect headphones!

So hello everyone!

Oct 12, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #6,623 of 15,563
Well not really a newcomer but I did not know there was a thread to introduce myself
I am Steve from Newcastle in the NE of England - of course football mad, and obviously love my music.
For me HPs used to be something that I would use reluctantly I guess......now I think I enjoy them even more than my speaker set up

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #6,624 of 15,563
Thank you all for the wonderful community. Always informative, usually entertaining.

Was introduced to Head-Fi through computer audio. Looking forward to learning more from you about getting the best out of it. Hope to help where I can.

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #6,626 of 15,563
Hi EveryOne,

new to this forum, Ray here. Been using my HD565 for so long now, from way back late 90's i guess. I need to upgrade to a new set, and need some guidance to accomplish this. I wasn't planning on upgrading the 565 as I love the sound, but unfortunately the right side lost its bass sound, though the mids and highs are still clear. So i am in the process of learning some more about new gear, although i would prefer to get HD-series once again as i am very happy with mine.

looking at HD580, 600 or 650. It would be lovely if i could get my hands on the jubilee version, purely for the looks as i understand its the early version of the 600.

Looking forward to learning, and sharing what little i have.

Regards,

Oct 13, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #6,630 of 15,563
New member here, wanted to post in a specific thread regarding the KEF M100's. I jsut paid almost one hundred pounds for them and they SUCK. Ok they don't suck but the improvement over my bog standard AKG earphones, the improvement is literally 10%. I'm incredibly disappointed. I was looking into ear phones with SOUND STAGE and clarity. These are wide, but not by much and the lows and highs are TRASH.

*Sigh* OK I'm done. I want to make a thread on the best in ear's under £150, I might just give up and grab the Sony Z5's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back