New Member Introductions thread
Jun 7, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #5,776 of 15,539
Hello! I like most genres of music, but really don't know much about headphones, but I guess that's why I'm here! I really like the portable noise isolating earphone style, and had been using the Logitech Ultimate Ears 600vi, and the zero audio carbo tenore; both of which eventually broke down on me. I'm trying to find a new ones that I won't regret buying, so any advice is appreciated.

Jun 7, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #5,777 of 15,539
Hello! I like most genres of music, but really don't know much about headphones, but I guess that's why I'm here! I really like the portable noise isolating earphone style, and had been using the Logitech Ultimate Ears 600vi, and the zero audio carbo tenore; both of which eventually broke down on me. I'm trying to find a new ones that I won't regret buying, so any advice is appreciated.
Welcome, @Dglass! You should probably start a new thread on this board (Introductions, Help, and Recommendations) asking for help--you will get more responses that way. Include a budget and your sources when you create your thread. Again, welcome to head-fi.

Jun 7, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #5,782 of 15,539
Hello again. My setup is a old laptop running OSX-10-something and a Lyr and a Hifiman HE 400i and I was trying to add a Bitfrost DAC through the USB but the laptop wouldn't see it. Schiit website says no driver needed for Mac, and they wouldn't reply to my email. Could it be that the OS is too old or something else? Would anybody know?

Jun 7, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #5,784 of 15,539
Hello again. My setup is a old laptop running OSX-10-something and a Lyr and a Hifiman HE 400i and I was trying to add a Bitfrost DAC through the USB but the laptop wouldn't see it. Schiit website says no driver needed for Mac, and they wouldn't reply to my email. Could it be that the OS is too old or something else? Would anybody know?
Your best bet here is probably to start a new thread on the Introductions, Help, and Recommendations board (this board) and ask the group for help. You will likely get more feedback there than you will here on this post. Lotta smart people there to review your post. ---).

Jun 8, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #5,787 of 15,539
Does yours have the optical out of the headphone jack if so you can see if that helps. I have a MacBook Pro mid 2010 and my Yggy was no problem at all. I'm running Yosemite which is 10.10.5 . I've tried to keep it up to date but heard Sierra has had trouble with some audio so I haven't upgraded.

Jun 8, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #5,788 of 15,539
Yeah, the Kann might have a higher Wife Acceptance Factor. ---)

I went back anddddddd.......PURCHASED THE Astell & Kern A&Ultimate SP1000!

I'm getting it baby!!!

She ships today!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #5,790 of 15,539
I went back anddddddd.......PURCHASED THE Astell & Kern A&Ultimate SP1000!

I'm getting it baby!!!

She ships today!
Haven't heard of that one you would have thought it would have been at CanJam SoCal. It quotes better specs than the 380 not for sure if that is with or without the amp module. If it is relatively close to the sound quality of the 380 you are definitely in for a treat as the 380 is the best I've heard to date. Congrats and give a full report after you get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back