New Member Introductions thread
Nov 9, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #4,516 of 15,538
Hi guys; I'm new here and trying to create a thread in the DIY section. What must I do to earn this privilege?

much obliged

meatbix

I think you need to make a certain amount of posts on headfi forums OR be a member for long enough to be able to make your own thread. I advise you to just be active in any of the threads that interest you and you might see yourself having the privileges to create a thread

Nov 9, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #4,518 of 15,538
I think you need to make a certain amount of posts on headfi forums OR be a member for long enough to be able to make your own thread. I advise you to just be active in any of the threads that interest you and you might see yourself having the privileges to create a thread

When you say 15 post do you mean 15 threads or 15 posts in general, like comments and stuff like that.

When you (all) signed up, you should have received a verification request email. Once you responded to that, you should have received a formal welcome email, as well as a private message from the moderators. Both the follow-up email and the PM explain the restrictions on new accounts.

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #4,521 of 15,538
Hi fellow HiFi Enthusiasts!  

My name is Jacob, I am 21 years old and i come from Austria.
beerchug.gif

I started my experience with good headphones with my Sony MDR-1A, not really an Audiophile Headphone,
but the start of my journey. 

Right now I am looking for a new pair because my Sonys broke and I want something open.
So here I am looking in this great Forum for advice.

- My music preference is Rock in general, old and new one, Metal, a little Hip Hop/Rap, but mostly Classical Musik, Musicals, Operas,
  and Instrumental Jazz. 

- My favourite singer is Meat Loaf. Favourite composers Jim Steinman, Hans Zimmer and Vivaldi.

I am going to make a thread about more.

All the best and keep on rockin'! 
beyersmile.png

Jakob

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #4,523 of 15,538
Nov 9, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #4,526 of 15,538
Hi, first post here (even though I've been a member for some time!). I'm mostly into home audio (Supernait2 amp, Kudos speakers, Aries mini streamer w/ ifi iDSD micro), but I do enjoy a good set of cans since it's the only way to listen to music in the evening when my three kids are in bed... Unfortunatly, my PSB cans died (battery leaked ate the inside...). Working on buying a pair of FOSTEX TH-500RP! 

Nov 9, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #4,527 of 15,538
Greetings, lurker for the last few years who's finally decided to sign up from Melbourne, Australia.

Recently acquired my first hi-res DAP (Fiio x3 2nd gen) - before that I was using my Iphone 7 (and 6 before that) with a Fiio A1 amp.

Have a few in-ears that I cycle between, listed below in "oldest to newest" as far as period of ownership
ibeats (mostly used for running due to the overkill of bass)
Audiofly Af78m (my first hybrid, good fun but suffers from fatigue/comfort issues when using for long periods)
Shure SE215 (a huge fan of these, which have only gotten better since being paired with the x3)
B&O Beoplay H3 (wanted there for a while but couldnt justify the price, since theyve dropped I picked them up, good everyday headphones - added comply tips)

Next acquisition will be the Shure SE535 or paying a little extra and going custom - the JH audio JH3X, im finding the world of customs to be quite overwhelming, especially with how competitive the $500-$1000 bracket has become.

Looking forward to learning more from this fantastic site.

thanks
P

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #4,528 of 15,538
Hello, I join this forum to see if I can get my end game headphone for reasonable price, also I am open to trade some of my collection. I have being into this hoppy since high school from my um2 earbug (still have it) Now move on to headphones. my daily drive are senn hd 800s and hifiman he 560 modded with alpha pads, I plan sell my fotex th00 and senn 600 with modded cable, my new baby will be focal utopia (still on the way). I plan to get ethier lcd-4 or he 1000 (if the price is right). Hopefully I can encounter some good deals here.

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #4,529 of 15,538
  Hello, I join this forum to see if I can get my end game headphone for reasonable price, also I am open to trade some of my collection. I have being into this hoppy since high school from my um2 earbug (still have it) Now move on to headphones. my daily drive are senn hd 800s and hifiman he 560 modded with alpha pads, I plan sell my fotex th00 and senn 600 with modded cable, my new baby will be focal utopia (still on the way). I plan to get ethier lcd-4 or he 1000 (if the price is right). Hopefully I can encounter some good deals here.

I have seen second hand lcd 4s going for around $3000 or so and second hand he1000s for around $1600 cheapest I think

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #4,530 of 15,538
Hi, new member here, long-time Stax owner and lover. I'd like to ask about the advisability of adding acoustic damping material inside the outer part of Lambda earcups, like Stax did with, eg, the older SR-Xs, to dampen the outward sound radiation to minimize phasey sound due to comb filtering from internally-reflected-back sound. SR-Xs without their damping material sound like Lambdas; Lambdas with damping material sound like SR-Xs. I find the sound WITH outer damping material more natural, and the sound WITHOUT it like artificially-added "air" or ambience. Would like to hear what others think about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back