New Member Introductions thread
May 12, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #31 of 15,519
'ello Kiddies...

Spywall from Texas here. I'm a wanna' be audiophile for over 35 years, husband and father of (almost) 3. My first set of 'phones was a pair of KOSS something or others that my mom bought at Sears in '77 because she didn't want to hear KISS and Zeppelin anymore.

Since then I've owned sets from Sony, Yamaha, Audio Technica, Sennheiser, Shure, U.E. and AKG.

Currently running, AKG K240's (Made in Austria), 2 pairs of U.E. 11's with a Fiio Fugiyama. Tomorrow my new Little Dot MKII, Fiio E18 and AKG K271's arrive.

Cheers… here's to many great hours of solitary, sonic bliss...

May 12, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #32 of 15,519
Hello,

My name is Frank and I'm a Headphone Addict

Hi Frank.
12-step-program.jpg

May 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #33 of 15,519
Ooooh I didn't see this thread before!

Hello, my name is deadofmind, and I am not really an audiophile. I simply have a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pros that I've had for years and absolutely adore! So I'm here trying to upgrade them and make them all nice since I just went and bought some new earpads and a headband :) I will be attempting to put a detachable cord, and a detachable mic boom onto my headphones!

Nice to meet you peeps!

May 12, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #36 of 15,519
Hi there, Dave Jones here from Australia. Just joined and glad to be here. I'm a guitarist/singer( bit like Spinal Tap, residing in the where are they now file) and i spend a lot of my time with cans on. Love the forums here and the enthusiastic friendly nature of the members.

May 13, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #37 of 15,519
I don't want to start a new thread either and will introduce myself here.
hello, I'm the012701 (obviously not my real name) and I'd like to say this website has helped me a lot so I'd like to give my help back, thanks y'all.

May 13, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #38 of 15,519
Hello!

I've browsed Head-Fi here and there but never bothered to make an account. I'll shamelessly admit I made an account to purchase HD650's which I did. Schiit took forever to ship my Modi/Magni so I have not heard their full potential yet. Also bought Denon AH-D600's from Best Buy for $150 so my wallet hates me right now. Also got Westone ADV's and Klipsche S4's

Before last week I had experience with ATH-M50's as with everyone else and a pair of V-Moda M80's I got on clearance for $40 at Radio Shack 
etysmile.gif
. Excited to have a great closed back set of cans, open back, a portable set, and average IEM's to work with. My hobbies are too expensive. What's up fellas.

May 13, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #39 of 15,519
  Hello!

I've browsed Head-Fi here and there but never bothered to make an account. I'll shamelessly admit I made an account to purchase HD650's which I did. Schiit took forever to ship my Modi/Magni so I have not heard their full potential yet. Also bought Denon AH-D600's from Best Buy for $150 so my wallet hates me right now. Also got Westone ADV's and Klipsche S4's

Before last week I had experience with ATH-M50's as with everyone else and a pair of V-Moda M80's I got on clearance for $40 at Radio Shack 
etysmile.gif
. Excited to have a great closed back set of cans, open back, a portable set, and average IEM's to work with. My hobbies are too expensive. What's up fellas.

Magni is some good Schitt, it'll be worth the wait. I am a little sad to hear how long they took, I may be purchasing from them soon.

How many days did they take to ship your order?

May 13, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #40 of 15,519
Hey all, friend at work turned me onto this site, I swear he has different headphones for each day of the week :)
I'm new to headphones, not getting any younger and looking for enlightenment regarding headphones.

May 13, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #41 of 15,519
Hey guys!

I'm a student and new to audiophilia (If you can call it that?? It sounds gross) I have always used speakers since I was a kid and have been using logitech z4's for the last 6 years. Bought the SWTOR gaming headset a couple years ago.

They blew my mind away. 

They were better in every way to any headphone I have listened to (all of which were 100 NZD at most). Then I had a feeling that they were going to break on me a couple weeks ago and had been researching into more gaming headsets whilst saving up. I was gonna get the steelseries h-wireless.

I Finally came across people saying that you can get better audio with a good pair of cans a week ago and did more research and now I'm addicted. 

My headset stopped working on me a few days ago (How did I know??? seriously.. too creepy).

I saved up enough to get me an Audio Technica ATH-A900X which should arrive between the 21st and 27th. 
L3000.gif

I'm still getting used to the jargon being thrown around
confused_face_2.gif

I can sort of imagine what it all means but I'm not going to know until I compare my flat mates bose oe2i and other flatmates sol republic master tracks to the A900x, both of which I was never interested in... until now.

Looking forward to the community, I have been lurking the a900x review thread for a couple days now
ph34r.gif
 and finally made the jump into the forum!

All i can say is I'm gonna be burning a hole through my wallet(s) hahahaha.

TLDR:

Hi I'm Zen!
biggrin.gif

I'm a student.

New to the audiophile world.

Just got me an A900X which should arrive in a week or so as my first good pair of cans.

May 13, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #42 of 15,519
^Great, be sure to report back on what you think! 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #43 of 15,519
Magni is some good Schitt, it'll be worth the wait. I am a little sad to hear how long they took, I may be purchasing from them soon.

How many days did they take to ship your order?
When I ordered my Valhalla, I paid for the 2-day USPS shipping over FedEx. I'm in Chicagoland (they're in the LA area). Schiit shipped on a Monday, IIRC, but it didn't arrive until Friday.

Unfortuntately, I asked for a black Valhalla and got a silver one. I was able to get it shipped back on the same Friday (excellent customer service response!), my black Valhalla was shipped the following Monday, and it arrived...on a Friday again, despite the same USPS 2-day shipping.

I don't know if FedEx is any better or worse, but this is one of the rare instances where I will completely criticize the USPS. I could track the packages, I knew Schiit sent them, but it still took 3-days just to get from LA to Chicago (on supposedly 2-day shipping).

tl;dr
I think it's USPS and not Schiit.

May 13, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #44 of 15,519
When I ordered my Valhalla, I paid for the 2-day USPS shipping over FedEx. I'm in Chicagoland (they're in the LA area). Schiit shipped on a Monday, IIRC, but it didn't arrive until Friday.

Unfortuntately, I asked for a black Valhalla and got a silver one. I was able to get it shipped back on the same Friday (excellent customer service response!), my black Valhalla was shipped the following Monday, and it arrived...on a Friday again, despite the same USPS 2-day shipping.

I don't know if FedEx is any better or worse, but this is one of the rare instances where I will completely criticize the USPS. I could track the packages, I knew Schiit sent them, but it still took 3-days just to get from LA to Chicago (on supposedly 2-day shipping).

tl;dr
I think it's USPS and not Schiit.

My order will need to come to Australia, I really hope they don't sent it by pigeon, the Magni would be far too heavy for it! 
biggrin.gif

I have a Magni right beside me however it isn't mine. :/ 

Quote:
  TLDR:

Hi I'm Zen!
biggrin.gif

I'm a student.

New to the audiophile world.

Just got me an A900X which should arrive in a week or so as my first good pair of cans.

Welcome aboard the wallet slaughter house! 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back