New Member Introductions thread
Jul 24, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #287 of 15,568
Hey there, avid computer gamer and trance/house/electro listener here, just taking the plunge into better sound. I've been doing a lot of research on my quest to find the best gaming setup for positional ques in FPS games as well as an epic sound for games like Skyrim!

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #288 of 15,568
Hi,

Just a quick presentation because my english is not so good (i'm french).
As you understand, I'm new on this forum but, in fact, I read it since a long time.
Moreover, thanks for all the good advice I've learned by reading you.

Nice to join you !

Jul 24, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #289 of 15,568
Hi, not sure if I'm doing this right but I am a new member and recently purchased a set of HD650s. My first set of cans. Don't have an amp so hopefully il be able to test drive them on sat at can fest in DC. I'm located in northern va near Leesburg. I look forward to interacting with you all and gaining from your expertise and opinion. Thanks much, Dave

Jul 25, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #290 of 15,568
Hi, this is my first post but been viewing the forum for ages, thought it's about time I joined properly. I'm in the uk but have a friend in Chicago. I'm after some shure 846's and wondered if anyone knew of an authorised shure dealer there? I should get a good deal as the exchange rate is so good in uk. Anyway I think this forum is amazing.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #291 of 15,568
Hello My name is JambaJews (weird I know) just call me Jamba for short. I always loved music and the use of headphones,earbuds,speakers,etc. I joined to see all types of new brands or products that I could use for future activities (or current ones.) It is nice meeting you all and I hope to be able to help out with what little knowledge I can serve.

Jul 26, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #293 of 15,568
Hi, this is my first post but been viewing the forum for ages, thought it's about time I joined properly. I'm in the uk but have a friend in Chicago. I'm after some shure 846's and wondered if anyone knew of an authorised shure dealer there? I should get a good deal as the exchange rate is so good in uk. Anyway I think this forum is amazing.

Have your friend in Chicago go here to find a brick and mortar authorized retailer: http://www.shure.com/americas/where-to-buy/in-store  Once your friend goes there, have her/him enter her/his address and radius that person is willing to travel to pick up the Shure SE846 from an authorized retailer in his/her area.  Then he/she can send it to you.

You can alternatively have her/him go here to find an online authorized retailer: http://www.shure.com/americas/where-to-buy/online-retailers  She/He can order it from one of the online authorized retailers, then send it to you.

I just did the easiest thing and purchased mine off of fleabay for a lot lower than the MSRP.

You'll love them if you love accurate, enveloping (with the right earphone tips or custom sleeves) and deep bass.  Once you receive them, you can post your impressions if you'd like on the Shure SE846 Impressions Thread.  Welcome to Head-Fi, jimbojangles!

Jul 26, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #294 of 15,568
Thanks moedawg my friends on the case already, after your helpful links, sorry if I haven't linked this properly just getting the hang of it.
I've had a pair of 530's and loved them so can't wait to try the 846's. Did contemplate making the push on customs but really want to go the shure route for now....thanks again for your help

Jul 26, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #296 of 15,568
Thanks moedawg my friends on the case already, after your helpful links, sorry if I haven't linked this properly just getting the hang of it.
I've had a pair of 530's and loved them so can't wait to try the 846's. Did contemplate making the push on customs but really want to go the shure route for now....thanks again for your help

No worries. I also came from the SE530 as well. To bridge the CIEM gap, once you receive the SE846 and don't like any of the stock Shure tips, or the Westone STAR and/or Tru-Fit sampler pack, you can invest in the Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves. The review is below if you want to find out more.

Jul 27, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #297 of 15,568
Hello fellow nuts! TubeNut here, by way of introduction. I've been lurking and reading the forums for about a year and this is my first post.

-  I'm a musician.
-  I studied Audio and Recording Engineering quite seriously but that is not my profession.
-  I love the sound of tubed electronics, but do not feel the need to exclude other types of amp/preamplification.

My full-size system is powered by Manley Snapper monoblock tube amps, and I love those babies! Later I'll post a picture if I'm allowed.

My portable system is an IPod Classic 160GB, a LOD and line cable into a JDS Labs C5 portable amp. I use Sony XBA-3 balanced armature in-ear monitors. These IEM were a nice step up for me, but now I'm looking to upgrade and trying to decide between universal fit and custom-fit IEMs.

I spent many hours yesterday at the Capital Audio Fest in Silver Spring MD and will be heading back there to indulge myself s'more. Perhaps I met some of you there. It was very, very enjoyable. Cheers!

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #298 of 15,568
Hi there,

Looking to significantly upgrade my headphone setup. This site has provided almost all of the information I have needed so far. Thanks to all of you for helping me narrow my selections.

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back