New Member Introductions thread
Jun 8, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #1,771 of 15,522
Hi everyone!  I've browsed these forums with increasing regularity and thought I'd join.  I'm pretty novice, but very interested.  I tend to use my headphones primarily for watching movies and listening to classical music.  I would like to know more, particularly regarding how enthusiasts listen and articulate what they hear.  Right now, my set up involves a FiiO E07K > Sennheiser HD598 or thinksound on1 (if I'm near anyone).  I've had the Sennheisers for at least five years.  The FiiO for about one year.

Anyway, I'm joining to learn more.  In the near future, I plan on getting a new amp and dac for my PC, as well as a new pair of headphones.  Thanks!

Jun 8, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,772 of 15,522
Hello everyone!
I reached these forums a couple of months ago and I have learned a lot about headphones since. I own 400+ audio CDs, but I could not listen to them via speakers in the living room because it does not fit the likes of my family. So I decided to rip my CDs to FLAC, put them on a NAS and listen to them with headphones.
With the help of many user reviews I found the right headphones. And a desktop amp. And two more pairs of headphones. And a portable DAC/amp...
My wallet told me to leave and never come back. But I subscribed instead :wink:

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1,773 of 15,522
Hello everybody, I'm a headphone newbie and I've decided to join this forum to learn as much as I can so I can have the best listening experience possible.

I currently listen to most of my music from my computer via foobar2000, and all of my audio is coming out of my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 audio interface (which has an integrated DAC). I own a really old pair of Sennheiser HD 280's that I don't use frequently, and Audio Technica ATH-M40x's that I commonly use for recording and listening.

I am very happy to be part of the forum!

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #1,776 of 15,522
Hello everyone

I have been registered for several months but mostly I've been reading, I now present officially Here

L3000.gif

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #1,777 of 15,522
Hello everyone, nice to meet you in this marvelous community.  My name is Kurt.  I'm fairly new to the headphone hobby, but I have a decent setup so far.  I mainly listen to music on my phone with a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50s and occasionally a FiiO E6, the little square one.  It's nothing fancy but it works well.  I look forward to learning a lot from all of you, and sharing my love for music and headphones!

Jun 13, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #1,779 of 15,522
Hi, I am a New Head-Fi'er and I have been interested in listening to high quality audio recently and looking up some good headphone recommendations and knowledge about high quality audio. 

Gear I use: Fiio X1 High-Res DAP with 64 GB SanDisk MicroSD Class 10 UHS-1 and filled with FLAC Audio Files and Have a Audio Technica ATH-IM50.

Music I listen to: Mostly Electronic (Trance, Electro, House, Dubstep, Drum and Bass, Chill, Funk and etc.) with a little bit of Jazz (preferably Big Band Jazz) and Indie.

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #1,781 of 15,522
hello!
how long does it take to get the first post approved?
Can a moderator please check into my thread submission?
thanks!

Welcome becritical (and everyone) to Head-Fi!

The moderators will check your thread submission; please be patient (I saw that you joined yesterday), and they should be able to take care of you in the near future. While waiting, you can search the threads, post your inquiry/inquiries in any relevant threads, and someone may be able to answer.

Welcome again everyone to Head-Fi! :bigsmile_face:

Jun 13, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #1,782 of 15,522
Hi guys long time lurker doesnt even begin to describe what i am haha.. Broke uni student that periodically visits the site to dream :) Have a pair of hd 25 ii's and sold my ath-m50's. Really also into the science behind audio aswell (studying engineerin) Looking to upgrade to a better dap, I have my sights set on the RWAK100. nice to meet you all.

Jun 13, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,783 of 15,522
Hi guys long time lurker doesnt even begin to describe what i am haha.. Broke uni student that periodically visits the site to dream :) Have a pair of hd 25 ii's and sold my ath-m50's. Really also into the science behind audio aswell (studying engineerin) Looking to upgrade to a better dap, I have my sights set on the RWAK100. nice to meet you all.

You should check out the Sound Science forum on Head-Fi. Join in the discussions:
http://www.head-fi.org/f/133/sound-science

:)

Jun 14, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #1,785 of 15,522
Yay Hello World!

Not entirely new, first experience was about 9 years ago in Jaben Singapore and I bought my first pair of Alessandro MS1. Then moved on to not-so-hardcore stuff like ATH-SQ5, JVC FXT90, Goldring DR-150, Focal Spirit One and GoVibe Martini.

Eyeing ATH-IM02 and GoVibe Magnum for my next purchase, and maybe FiiO X3 second gen.

Would love to own Ultrasone ED8, JH16, and FitEar MH334. I will make it happen gods damn it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back