New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
May 5, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #2,327 of 2,354
Has anyone found that OTG digital audio only works with the charge switch on? I'm interested in trying the sound with my Galaxy S4, but charging the Leckerton from my phone will kill the battery awfully quickly.

I'm running Android 5.0.1, if that helps at all. TIA!

May 6, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #2,328 of 2,354
  Has anyone found that OTG digital audio only works with the charge switch on? I'm interested in trying the sound with my Galaxy S4, but charging the Leckerton from my phone will kill the battery awfully quickly.

I'm running Android 5.0.1, if that helps at all. TIA!

It shouldn't be that way.  That's what the charging switch is for.  However, I  don't have a phone to test it, so my oppinion probably is empty.

May 27, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #2,330 of 2,354

It shouldn't be that way.  That's what the charging switch is for.  However, I  don't have a phone to test it, so my oppinion probably is empty.

Nick and I corresponded a bit through PM, and I sent my amp to him for service. He found a chip that needs to be replaced on my much-used (and possibly somewhat abused) amp. Great customer service, and I'm looking forward to having my baby back!

May 27, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #2,331 of 2,354

Nick and I corresponded a bit through PM, and I sent my amp to him for service. He found a chip that needs to be replaced on my much-used (and possibly somewhat abused) amp. Great customer service, and I'm looking forward to having my baby back!

Glad it was fixable.  It's still my goto amp for nighttime podcast listening.  Don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #2,332 of 2,354
Damn I'm still loving this amp! It's with me on my deployment. When I get home I may swap out my op-amps just to see how my others sound. Give me a bit of a change since I've been using the same op-amp for over a year

Sep 3, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #2,334 of 2,354
Nick has started selling again on eBay. I bought a black UHA-6S MKII with the AD 1860 opamp option. I really like the nice clean sound. I've had another UHA-6S MkII for ages, with the OPA627 opamp, but haven't had time to compare the two. Mostly I just use them as amps.

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #2,335 of 2,354
After buying the MKII when it came out a few years back to replace my MKI, I thought it was finally time to give it a review, and well, here it is: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/10/Leckerton-UHA-6SMKII-Review.html
For those who don't understand German too well (or not at all) but still want to read it, there's a Google Translate widget right below the navigation bar.

DSC04525-small.JPG DSC04527-small.JPG

Oct 31, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #2,336 of 2,354
Hi
I own Meze Classic 99, Schiit Mod and Vali 2.

I'm not super happy with the setup at the moment but some tubes worked better for my ears than others.
Anyhow! I'm looking to buy a portable DAC/AMP to use wherever I go - mainly in office or wherever I end up with my laptop. I wont be using it much with my iPhone and I don't own a DAP.

The question now, in my current setup, what is the weak link? Is the Leckerton better than Schiit stack mentioned above? And how does the leckerton 6S stack against the Chord Mojo?

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #2,338 of 2,354
It appears Rick has given up on developing any new toys as the UHA-6S.MK2 is hard to be replaced.

*Nick.

Well, I'd love to see a DAC-Amp with all of the inputs and outputs of the 6S.MkII as well as its great technical performance, but with digital volume control (like the 760). Asked him a few years ago if he could build that on special request and how much that would cost, but he replied he wouldn't do it.

Seems he is rather busy at Opal Kelly Inc and his latest project, Modulus Props.

Jan 15, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #2,339 of 2,354
:triportsad: Static electricity killed my 6S.MKII OP AMP :triportsad:

I was listening to my AK100/UHA. 6S.MKII with Westone W40s. Anyway I was listening while folding laundry. Picked up a towel, and boom, get shocked in my ear through my Westone W40!!

Then the left earbud stops producing sound. I panic as nothing in this rig is cheap to replace. I try the headphones in my phone they work. Whew, one bullet dodged. Next I try them in the AK100. Whew another bullet dodged. Now I hook my phone to the 6S.MKII. No Dice, one ear out. I remember i got a few OP Amps. I swap the OPA 627AP with something random. Success!

So long story short, now UHA.6S MKII near static!! No more for laundry and that rig. Going solo AK100 for laundry.

Hears what I swapped them out with. It's one OP Amp I had on hand.

Attachments

• 20180115_073929.jpg
    20180115_073929.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back