New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by digitalfreak, Mar 25, 2012.
  1. eyal1983
    Have anybody made a DAC comparison between the Leckerton and the MODI_2 ?  (which has the better DAC)

2. Tenormech
    Has anyone found that OTG digital audio only works with the charge switch on? I'm interested in trying the sound with my Galaxy S4, but charging the Leckerton from my phone will kill the battery awfully quickly.

I'm running Android 5.0.1, if that helps at all. TIA!

3. UELong

It shouldn't be that way.  That's what the charging switch is for.  However, I  don't have a phone to test it, so my oppinion probably is empty.

4. eyal1983
  5. Tenormech

Nick and I corresponded a bit through PM, and I sent my amp to him for service. He found a chip that needs to be replaced on my much-used (and possibly somewhat abused) amp. Great customer service, and I'm looking forward to having my baby back!

6. UELong

Glad it was fixable.  It's still my goto amp for nighttime podcast listening.  Don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

7. DR650SE
    Damn I'm still loving this amp! It's with me on my deployment. When I get home I may swap out my op-amps just to see how my others sound. Give me a bit of a change since I've been using the same op-amp for over a year

robm321 likes this.
  8. CEE TEE Contributor
    Ah, try:  ADA 4627 BRZ

9. SDBiotek
    Nick has started selling again on eBay. I bought a black UHA-6S MKII with the AD 1860 opamp option. I really like the nice clean sound. I've had another UHA-6S MkII for ages, with the OPA627 opamp, but haven't had time to compare the two. Mostly I just use them as amps.

10. HiFiChris Contributor
  11. mahrous
    Hi
    I own Meze Classic 99, Schiit Mod and Vali 2.

I'm not super happy with the setup at the moment but some tubes worked better for my ears than others.
    Anyhow! I'm looking to buy a portable DAC/AMP to use wherever I go - mainly in office or wherever I end up with my laptop. I wont be using it much with my iPhone and I don't own a DAP.

The question now, in my current setup, what is the weak link? Is the Leckerton better than Schiit stack mentioned above? And how does the leckerton 6S stack against the Chord Mojo?