New Kinera SEED hybrid IEM
Apr 26, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #61 of 74
Yea, I did notice that every now and then a song would start and I could notice it, it just wasnt very often.

Maybe my dacs had something to do with it also ? Hugo 2 is clinical as it is, so it probably didnt help the situation.

What I did do is, on my phone I would startup onkyo hf player, that way I could mess with the equaliser settings and from there to my mojo/poly/hugo2

If I was going to use them as a daily driver, I would only do so with onkyo hf player.

I am not saying they are bad, they look great, cable included, its just for me personally, I prefer a touch more bass.

I will use them if they dont sell, but I will use them on vocals/acoustic albums, I think this is where they will shine, it hasnt put me off of buying part 2 when it gets released.

I will try the track you posted.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #62 of 74
Yea, I did notice that every now and then a song would start and I could notice it, it just wasnt very often.

Maybe my dacs had something to do with it also ? Hugo 2 is clinical as it is, so it probably didnt help the situation.

What I did do is, on my phone I would startup onkyo hf player, that way I could mess with the equaliser settings and from there to my mojo/poly/hugo2

If I was going to use them as a daily driver, I would only do so with onkyo hf player.

I am not saying they are bad, they look great, cable included, its just for me personally, I prefer a touch more bass.

I will use them if they dont sell, but I will use them on vocals/acoustic albums, I think this is where they will shine, it hasnt put me off of buying part 2 when it gets released.

I will try the track you posted.

I agree completely. Some of my brighter daps exacerbated the limited low end presence. Enjoyed them more with something a bit warmer/low end focused.

I dl'd the Onkyo player a while ago but haven't used it yet. Will give it a whirl :)

I think you'll be surprised at the bass output on that track. Not a very good song, but that deep bassline is great for testing.

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #63 of 74
Cool. I will try the track later once I get home, I dont have anything with me today :frowning2:

Yea, I am sure mojo and hugo2 didnt help, because if I stuck the seeds into my iphone directly, I would hear more bass compared to using my dacs.

Thinking about getting a little dot, something warmer sounding.

To get the best out of hf player, you need to pay for it to unlock hires if I remember correctly. also the music has to be imported onto your phone or ipad via itunes, not like normal itunes import, its done by going to the apps section and physically/copy pasting the songs straight onto the phone, it has instructions on the faq so you cant go wrong.

Thanks again.

Apr 26, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #64 of 74
I got home and started messing with Onkyo HF Player.

This is where I started from, I increased the low frequencies, lowered mids and increased high frequencies.

It is just a starting point which will need refining as the seeds tend to destroy alot of my songs when no equaliser is used.

Low freq’s are initially set high, +9 dcbs, mids have been lowered a good bit -3dcbs.

With this initial setup on hugo 2, the bass is more noticeable, its like I have to tease the seeds in order to extract lower frequencies.

Using Macy Gray Stripped album, 24b / 192khz

Both pics are the same, one is in portrait mode and one in landscape mode.

This is my starting point settings

6C00B9C5-B474-4199-A602-0BFD1DE83A81.jpeg

23D110B8-6B2D-4E99-98DD-1F9BB27A94AC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #65 of 74
Did some further tweaking, basically refining the above equaliser settings.

The new setting is more focused, enhancing the low frequencies whilst taking the edge off the mid’s, 500hz - 4000hz, 500hz in particular, thats what is causing me the most problems and is the one that needs tamed..

I find that the mid’s on the seeds are too overpowering when no equaliser is used, thats why I like Onkyo HF Player as it allows adjustments to be made if needed.

Anyway, here is what it looks like now, the mids are now just -1 decibel or thereabouts.

As before, these pics are the same but in portrait and landscape mode.

AD856652-3D06-4DC5-903C-8D2571D2AFD3.jpeg

This second screenshot show’s just how gentle the equaliser settings are.

9635BF99-3932-4F1E-9C2D-518B8350FF35.jpeg

Attachments

• 66539BBE-D833-402F-88C4-FB98AD89E687.jpeg
    66539BBE-D833-402F-88C4-FB98AD89E687.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 7, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #72 of 74
@Dobrescu George dang bro, did you forget to post that picture of Yogi Bear wearing the Kinera Seeds and Aviator Sunglasses? :floatsmile:

Of course, I am kidding. Great pictures.

Thank you :)

I don't have many plushies around, but those might make a good photo prop if I had a lot :)

I'm a little limited by what I can take in a backpack when taking photos...

Aug 9, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #73 of 74
i want to buy comply foam for my kinera seed , which comply type is suitable for kinera seed? is it same as shure series? im wondering comply t-100 would suit to seed if it same as shure iem , need confirmation and informations, thanks

Aug 9, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #74 of 74
i want to buy comply foam for my kinera seed , which comply type is suitable for kinera seed? is it same as shure series? im wondering comply t-100 would suit to seed if it same as shure iem , need confirmation and informations, thanks

I've use the comply tips (t400) from my andromeda and comet on the seed, they fill just right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back