New JVC Dual Diaphragm IEMs! HA-FXT90
Apr 5, 2011 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 73

Xymordos

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.jvc-victor.co.jp/accessory/headphone/inner/ha-fxt90/index.html

Costs 10,000YEN, planned release during late April 2011.

Uses metal housing, but only 3 sizes of ear tips...
It uses a diaphragm of...carbon nanotubes?!

Translated Specifications and Features:
Type name HA-FXT90
Playback frequency 8 Hz ~ 25,000 Hz
Sound Pressure Level 107 dB / 1 mW
The maximum allowable input 150 mW (IEC ※)
Impedance 12Ω
Code OFC approximately 1.2 m (Y-type), φ3.5 mm stereo gold-plated with 24 L-type
Accessories
Ear Tips S, M, L
Code Keeper
Clips
Carrying case
Mass Approximately 6.8 g (without cord)

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #2 of 73
Interesting. I do like the sound of the Radius DDM a lot and it looks like the JVC will be a more practical phone for everyday or outdoor usage. At least it does not come with nylon cable.
etysmile.gif

The JVC have 2 dynamic drivers responsible for bass frequency / mid-high response; in contrast to the Radius' high / mid-low. Can't wait to compare the sound of the JVC and the Radius.

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 73
I sure hope it will see an oversea release. The price is actually quite affordable for a dual driver. 10000Yen is about US$120, the street price is probably cheaper.

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #5 of 73
Gotta love JVC's PR department's claim that this is the first "twin" dynamic driver in-ear headphone.
wink.gif

Interested to see if there's any benefit in using carbon nanotubes as a coating material for the diaphragm.

Anyway, here's an article with some pictures (including the tiny driver module): ビクター、2ドライバ内蔵のカナル「HA-FXT90」 -AV Watch

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #6 of 73
Actually JVC has used the carbon diaphragm on another IEM already, but the interesting bit seems to be that only the bass driver has the carbon diaphragm and it doesn't mention anything about crossover.

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 73
There may not even be a crossover.

If the crude frequency response curve is to be believed, it seems that they intentionally wanted overlap of the frequencies.

EDIT: From the pic above:
Quote:
2つのドライバーから生み出される音を重ねることにより、厚みのある高密度なサウンドを再生。

Rough translation: "The overlap of sound from the two drivers allows the reproduction of rich, full-bodied sound."

Apr 5, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #9 of 73

Quote:
what's the idea ?  dual driver?
is the same idea as the Brainwavz B2?

Not exactly. The Brainwavz B2 is a dual balanced armature IEM whereas the JVCs have a dual dynamic driver setup. The JVCs are more comparable to the Radius DDM.

Apr 5, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #10 of 73
I have been a big JVC fan. My first in-ears were the FX55. But they slot in below the FX500 and above the FXC71. I don't expect them to run with the Radius phones. They should be fine just don't expect too much.

Apr 5, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #12 of 73
wow, I was really wondering when and if we'd see another dual dynamic iem since the sound quality on the ddm was so well received...loved the ddm when I audtioned it, but the fit and ergonomics were just so bad.  hope these sound good

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #13 of 73

Quote:
Not exactly. The Brainwavz B2 is a dual balanced armature IEM whereas the JVCs have a dual dynamic driver setup. The JVCs are more comparable to the Radius DDM.

i know that. but is it the same idea for using 2 drivers?. what i dont get at all what difference it makes having 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back