New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Nov 6, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #511 of 8,377
  I feel lucky reading your post MusiCol. I got my Westones from a company in the US while in Korea. They declared a $200 value on them and when I got them, I didn't pay a dime. I'm interested as well in the Roxanne, but I'll wait to see how they sound compared to the ES5s. Good luck!

Hi Jedaite, that was a stroke of luck! Here in the UK we have to pay import tax of 20% plus customs fees! So a set of Carbon Fibre Roxanne's would equate to about $2200 over here... Another way of looking at it is, don't bother doing a currency conversion and just treat the price in US$ as being the same numbers with the GB "£" symbol in front of it! I guess a lot of British Head-Fi'ers will be nodding at this point and saying "yep, you don't know how lucky your are over that side of the pond" - or something similar! But there is some good news....

As promised, I've been on the phone with JH Audio suppliers over here, but in the end I only had time to ring The Headphone Company who do a wide range of CIEM's, and I had a good chat with a gentleman whose name I must apologise for forgetting (sorry, I'm terrible with names). He told me that they have a sister company aimed primarily at the pro audio market for the music industry - musicians, sound engineers, etc. That company is called The Custom IEM Company, and they "do what it says on the tin". They already have a page dedicated to Jerry Harvey's Roxannes, and at this point I must ask my fellow Brits to make yourselves a nice warm mug of tea, sit down in a comfortable chair with nothing nearby which you could accidentally damage by jumping to your feet and punching the air. Put your tea down on a table a safe distance away, oh and remember to keep breathing, nice and even!). Naturally, the whole range of JH Audio CIEM's still gets manufactured in the states by Jerry Harvey Audio, and optional extras such as multi coloured fancy artwork or carbon fibre still costs more, as you would expect, but the basic price for a set of Roxanne's is £1,349- and only £150- more for the Carbon fibre version! The price on the page includes inspecting and sending your ear moulds to JH Audio, then paying the import duty, customs fees, etc, for your Roxanne's journey across the pond to Blitey!!! You still need to get your own moulds done by an audiologist, but you can visit the Custom IEM Company or possibly even arrange a home visit, so they do your moulds. Actually, I better stop doing their marketing for them (I am in no way connected to The Headphone Company or The Custom IEM Company - I just spoke to them for the first time today and I have not even ordered anything - yet!). The link to the home page of the CIEM Company website is the first link below, and for those with shredded nerves there is a link directly to the JHA Roxanne page on their website below that!

http://www.custom-inearmonitors.co.uk/index.html

Roxanne:

http://www.custom-inearmonitors.co.uk/iems/jh-audio-siren-series-roxanne-twelve-driver-custom-in-ear-monitors.html

I should add that another UK company "Hand Held Audio" also do a range of Jerry Harvey, Ultimate Ears, and others, although I'm sorry for not contacting them before the end of the day - I just ran out of time. They can certainly help you with CIEM's and universal fit IEM's and are aimed at the broadcasting / professional audio market. The link to their website is below:

http://www.handheldaudio.co.uk/

Sorry if I've missed other companies out, I ran out of time today. Anyway, I hope this info helps any fellow Brits interested in JH Audio Roxanne's - or other CIEM's!

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #513 of 8,377
I sent in my ear impressions to JH Audio. Now starts the waiting period. 
regular_smile .gif
. When I called Angie, she said that it would be Dec-January based on position in the Queue :frowning2:.

What would be the best amplifier for this CIEM? Does anybody have any information about that?

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #515 of 8,377
Nov 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #518 of 8,377
Nov 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #519 of 8,377
If it helps we expect our Roxanne demo towards the end of this week, assuming I can take them out of my ears feel free to call us for a demo session...

Nov 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #520 of 8,377
Ordered one too..
So excited because my current iem is a ue900.. This should be quite a upgrade!
I just hope so badly that it will fit and I wont have to get them refitted!
I will also order a astell&kern ak10... 1.1 Ohm seems pretty good for iems...

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #521 of 8,377
Ordered one too..
So excited because my current iem is a ue900.. This should be quite a upgrade!
I just hope so badly that it will fit and I wont have to get them refitted!
I will also order a astell&kern ak10... 1.1 Ohm seems pretty good for iems...

It might be worth waiting to see what Fiio's X5 brings to the market. It's due out in the next 3 months or so, at a very reasonable circa $400-$500 (Fiio take low output impedance seriously, incidentally).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661411/fiio-x5-thread-info-updated-on-nov-4th-2013-and-feature-poll-added-for-future-successor

Nov 14, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #525 of 8,377
Universal Roxane !  Very tempting, but... besides the isolation that should be inferior, can we expect the same quality of sound ?   what do you think ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back