New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Nov 3, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #496 of 8,377
  You better make sure that the Roxanne cable has the proper termination since the Mjolnir only accepts 4 pin balanced XLR or dual 3 pin balanced XLR..

Which in this case he must wait for other cable manufacturers to source the connectors in order to make the cable as JH won't offer anything other than 3.5mm.

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #502 of 8,377
Hi. Does anyone know if the Roxanne is, or will be, available through a company in the UK - without having to work directly with JH in the states and pay import tax and customs fees? Also, what's the process for getting ear molds sorted please? Would they have to be sent to the US?

I've given up on my ACS T1 - the internal wires keep snapping due to the soft silicon material they are set in, and I'm thinking of getting these awesome looking CIEM's (Carbon version naturally!). Any information on getting JH13, 16, Pro / freqphase in the UK would be great as well. Sorry if the info has already been posted, I don't have long enough concentration span to read the whole thread! Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Nov 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #503 of 8,377
Hi MusiCol,

I feel your pain.
I was the first to get the JH13Pro in the UK and there were certainly no 'dealers' in the UK to assist.

If there are now then I would welcome to hear who they are.  Do expect the price to be 20% higher at least though due to our sales tax.

JH Audio were very helpful back in 2009 but it was a multistep process rather than a 'walk in - walk out' experience.

Ear Moulds.  Yep. A local audiologist (look up local hearing aid suppliers) can take the moulds but many customers around the world hold a bad impression as the cause for their poor fitting issues.  I had no problems with mine but a 'pain in the ear' is something I can sympathise with especially when the expectation of comfort and SQ is so high.

Reducing customs and delivery costs can be overcome in a number of ways but they each have their downsides.
You could arrange a trip to the states to pick them up, but beware, most companies have bad experiences of shipping to hotels.  Maybe the personal service at JHA could do that for you but your'll get super frustrated if shipping is delayed by just 1 day.  I've had headphones shipped to hotels in Vegas that did turn up but teh thought of buying a bargain that you never see is an expensive risk.

Once you have them back in the UK you may need to refit them (i don't know what the real stats are on that probability as you certainly hear the bad experiences more than teh good ones on any forum).  A refit would be two international deliveries with potential import duty on them on 'each' return unless specifically shipped as 'repairs or returns'.

It is like taking a plunge in to teh unknown but I remember so clearly when I got the JH13s that it was all worth it.

I'm currently looking at getting new moulds made and getting the 'most efficient' way of paying and shipping for a pair of Roxannes.  Hardest part is estimating delivery schedule.

Good luck with the process.  It is harder than ordering and getting a pair of iem's like ie800s.  You can try them then just buy them.  These are different for a reason.

Hope that helped.

Sceptre

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #504 of 8,377
  Hi. Does anyone know if the Roxanne is, or will be, available through a company in the UK - without having to work directly with JH in the states and pay import tax and customs fees? Also, what's the process for getting ear molds sorted please? Would they have to be sent to the US?

I've given up on my ACS T1 - the internal wires keep snapping due to the soft silicon material they are set in, and I'm thinking of getting these awesome looking CIEM's (Carbon version naturally!). Any information on getting JH13, 16, Pro / freqphase in the UK would be great as well. Sorry if the info has already been posted, I don't have long enough concentration span to read the whole thread! Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Hi Mccol

Handheldaudio have the 13/16 listed so might be worth firing them an email.  As does theheadphonecompany.co.uk.  If you go with either of these (I belive that) you get the impressions sorted, send them off to either of the two companies mentioned and then they send it on to the states.  Full details on either website.  Good luck.

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #505 of 8,377

beerchug.gif

On their site they list the authorized dealers, there are 4 in the UK.
Will have to wait and see if the Roxanne will be available though any of them, as for cost I think it will be about the same going through the dealers as it would be to go direct to JHAudio.
Heres the link http://www.jhaudio.com/products/jhaudio-iem-authorized-dealers

Edit:
Seems like davidcotton got in before me 
ph34r.gif
I guess thats what I get for not refreshing the page for 15 mins. 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #506 of 8,377
Hi Sceptre, davidcotton, and Dk0987654321. Thanks for the information on suppliers and purchase options. I'll contact those four UK companies, as well as JH Audio, and if I get any useful info that hasn't already been discussed here, I'll post it.

Thanks again for all the info. Sceptre, you certainly took the scenic route to get your JH13's - that is one heck of a shopping trip!! Having said that, our import tax and customs would be extremely painful, so I'll check flight prices as well!

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #508 of 8,377
My Westone W4's just died yesterday.
frown.gif
  So I will be probably looking at these or the JH13s.  I really liked how neutral the W4's were but was always looking for a little more "fun" in the sound without sacrificing presentation.  With the cost of these or the JH13's I hope I will be making the right decision.  $1800 (gotta have the CF!) is a huge amount of money to end up with not liking the sound. 

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #509 of 8,377
I would check the JH Audio website to see if they have any recommended audiologist near your area. They might have a demo version of what you want to buy so  you can get a taste of it before you make a decision.

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #510 of 8,377
I feel lucky reading your post MusiCol. I got my Westones from a company in the US while in Korea. They declared a $200 value on them and when I got them, I didn't pay a dime. I'm interested as well in the Roxanne, but I'll wait to see how they sound compared to the ES5s. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back