New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Oct 31, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #481 of 8,377
Yes and the 3A. He reasoned give him a day to get back to me,.

Nov 1, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #484 of 8,377
  Can anyone comment on the difference between Roxanne and se846? Might be looking to get the universal version.

or with the 1plus2 ? :)

Nov 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #486 of 8,377
I own one.

EDIT: I just read about your issues. You have defective unit for sure. I had one as well, they replaced mine within a week, it works fine. YMMV.

Not just my unit though. I suspect their last batch (which I had to wait two months for) is all like this. Lots of hissing, high pitched whine, very very loud thud at start up, whirling noise at power down. Got a unit in with noise floor lowered. Still didn't kill the hiss, everything else was same. You'd think after a year and a half they'd get it right.

I just want a universal Roxanne but they don't offer it in house so I can't get my crap switched for it... 

Nov 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #487 of 8,377
Not just my unit though. I suspect their last batch (which I had to wait two months for) is all like this. Lots of hissing, high pitched whine, very very loud thud at start up, whirling noise at power down. Got a unit in with noise floor lowered. Still didn't kill the hiss, everything else was same. You'd think after a year and a half they'd get it right.

I just want a universal Roxanne but they don't offer it in house so I can't get my crap switched for it... 

That is a bummer. I do hope either you get a refund or they can switch it out quickly.

When the 3A works, its sounds spectacular, my guess is the Roxanne will be even better with it.

Nov 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #488 of 8,377
That is a bummer. I do hope either you get a refund or they can switch it out quickly.

When the 3A works, its sounds spectacular, my guess is the Roxanne will be even better with it.

The sound itself was phenomenal. The issues however is something that I cannot just live with for the rest of the amp's life.

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #490 of 8,377
They just took a big bite out of my wallet (CC was charged for my Roxanne order)...now the wait begins for them to be released, built, and shipped.
popcorn.gif

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #491 of 8,377
I hear your pain bro. It's the wait that really kills me. The bill will be in way before the iem,s. I sent my tg334 in to UM 3 months ago and I should have them by the end of nov. That is just really toooooo. Long.

Al D

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #493 of 8,377
When I called the JH Audio customer service to pay the difference for the Carbon upgrade, the person said I would get my earphones in December. In the meantime I have ordered the LCD-2 and Schiit Mjolnir. Has anyone tried JH Audio IEMs with the Mjolnir?

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #494 of 8,377
When I called the JH Audio customer service to pay the difference for the Carbon upgrade, the person said I would get my earphones in December. In the meantime I have ordered the LCD-2 and Schiit Mjolnir. Has anyone tried JH Audio IEMs with the Mjolnir?

Yep, I remember they told me the release date was something like Nov 21st, and that the delivery would be in Dec.

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #495 of 8,377

You better make sure that the Roxanne cable has the proper termination since the Mjolnir only accepts 4 pin balanced XLR or dual 3 pin balanced XLR..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back