New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Oct 8, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #107 of 8,377
I spoke about JH13 old version yes :wink: the FP is from what we can read one of the best soundstage ever. But certainly too much treble for me
frown.gif

If you haven't heard them, I think you may be surprised. They don't have extra or peaky treble. I also think you are giving the old version a bit too much criticism. Yes the new are better and changed for a reason but the original was still preferred by many. Things that were ever genuinely good, will always be good and the old JH13 are definitely still good if not for everybody, regardless of how old they are. For instance, I was never a fan of the TF10 or SF5 examples you gave from the moment I heard them so can't relate to that comment. I could easier live with a SF3 or Se500 as they at least sounded more natural by getting the mids about right.

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #109 of 8,377
  Will it even be necessary?  If the CIEM is tuned with the stock cable and sounds amazing (we hope) out of the stock cable why would we need to change it?

I really like how the cable is reinforced and screwed down where it meets the body of the CIEM.  That means the pins shouldn't bend and that spot will no longer be a point of weakness.

I'm thinking of those who want balanced connectors to go with their balanced portable amps. 

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #110 of 8,377
The "wizard" is more known for pretty iems than the best of the best.

Really? 
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewed-companies-john-grandberg
Just because they look good doesn't mean that they sound bad 
wink.gif

I'd love to try the Roxanne up against the K10, flagship battles are always fun. Like putting the HD800 up against the LCD 2v2 -  I suspect it will all come down to taste, some preferring one, some preferring the other.

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #111 of 8,377

Really?
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewed-companies-john-grandberg
wink.gif

I'd love to try the Roxanne up against the K10, flagship battles are always fun. Like putting the HD800 up against the LCD 2v2 -  I suspect it will all come down to taste, some preferring one, some preferring the other.

That's the soul of the head-fi. At the end after you pass a certain level, only personal preferences can talk in this place.

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #113 of 8,377
Is there any evidence that more drivers gives better technical results?  More drivers would appear to be harder to wire, control, and compensate for resonances and crossover frequency issues.  If more drivers always gives better technical sound then we may all be upgrading forever and there will never be an IEM that is technically the best.

What is the limit on how many drivers any company can physically fit into the shell of an IEM?

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #115 of 8,377
  Is there any evidence that more drivers gives better technical results?  More drivers would appear to be harder to wire, control, and compensate for resonances and crossover frequency issues.  If more drivers always gives better technical sound then we may all be upgrading forever and there will never be an IEM that is technically the best.

What is the limit on how many drivers any company can physically fit into the shell of an IEM?

I don't think all the Etymotic ER4 fans would say that more is better. I've owned a pair of ER-4S's for a LONG time and every time I go back to them, I am amazed at what they did with just one driver back in 1991 and it's still relevant today.

Of course I have 8 driver CEIM's too.

I think it all really ends up dependent upon what the designer does with the drivers regardless of how many. I am sure you can have one driver iem's that sound better than 10 or 12 driver iem's. Just look at speakers. More is not always better. But more can be a lot harder to deal with too.

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #116 of 8,377
  I don't think all the Etymotic ER4 fans would say that more is better. I've owned a pair of ER-4S's for a LONG time and every time I go back to them, I am amazed at what they did with just one driver back in 1991 and it's still relevant today.

Of course I have 8 driver CEIM's too.

I think it all really ends up dependent upon what the designer does with the drivers regardless of how many. I am sure you can have one driver iem's that sound better than 10 or 12 driver iem's. Just look at speakers. More is not always better. But more can be a lot harder to deal with too.

I agree here.  When I auditioned the demo pairs of JH products at HeadRoom I settled on the 10 x3 Pro because it sounded the best to my ears and I could not find any improvement with more drivers.  Having one at each part of the spectrum makes sense, but 10,12, and up appears to be excessive.

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #117 of 8,377

Really? 
wink.gif

"First things first, Heir Audio makes some of the best looking custom IEMs I've ever seen, full stop." - InnerFidelity

Like I said.... Pretty but not the BEST of the best.  Good sure; but I've yet to hear anyone make the claim that heir audio ciems were the best they heard.  So call me skeptical about "the wizards" prowess.  I'd put heir as lowest top tier or upper mid tier iem company.  

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #118 of 8,377

"First things first, Heir Audio makes some of the best looking custom IEMs I've ever seen, full stop." - InnerFidelity

Like I said.... Pretty but not the BEST of the best.  Good sure; but I've yet to hear anyone make the claim that heir audio ciems were the best they heard.  So call me skeptical about "the wizards" prowess.  I'd put heir as lowest top tier or upper mid tier iem company.  

I think the innerfidelity review is a bit kinder about it than you are and one of those same reviewers now prefers a Noble to his previous fav jh13 at the time of that review. You'd have to pry my jh13s out of my cold dead hands to take them from me but to say Wizard's new company should be discounted due to past VG designs is silly. JHAs freq phase models are only one year old. Those models became the a new target but Heir was pretty competitive until then an Noble may be now with their current upgraded line. 

Oct 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #119 of 8,377
12 drivers per side!

What?

i bet before the end of this decade Jerry Harvey will come out with drivers-per-side IEM equivalent to a professional band equalizer!

Quote:
New flagship totl ciem from JH Audio.

12 Drivers per side!

estimated price of $1599

Carbon Fiber option is an extra $200

All new 4 pin connector design

Adjustable bass level from flat to +15 db

First revealed in the CanJam RMAF 2013 Preview video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back