New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Oct 7, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #76 of 8,377
  Will it even be necessary?  If the CIEM is tuned with the stock cable and sounds amazing (we hope) out of the stock cable why would we need to change it?

I really like how the cable is reinforced and screwed down where it meets the body of the CIEM.  That means the pins shouldn't bend and that spot will no longer be a point of weakness.

I had a very difficult time beating the stock cable on the JH13fp. Things would be better at something but not overall so. Stock should be fine and may be something better that his others as well.

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #77 of 8,377
Sub'd. I am dieing to see reviews about this model.

I don't believe in "more drivers = better sound " (I am a SE5way owner, with only 5 BA, it creates miracles). However, it seems like there is a big research and development behind this model.

We all know success of JH13 FP model, I am hoping it will be another worldwide successful and legendary model from JH.

As for the carbon fiber option, I am a die hard carbon fiber fan and if there is an option buy something with carbon fiber, I do, I basically do. So for me it is wonderful news.

However, I am not sure I will buy another ciem now. SE5way gives me all I need, it is an excellent monitor. I need a better source and amplification system. So probably Roxanne will wait quite a while. Still, I want to read more about it.

I wish I was in the states, I would go to the CanJam.

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #79 of 8,377
I'm going to hold out for the 100 driver model. 24 isn't enough 
tongue.gif

I don't think Jerry would release something like this if there wasn't an improvement. The real question is if its very slight or a big improvement over the JH13. If it's more than very slight, I'm interested. I still will have to decide if its worth the money, overall. It's still an IEM and constrained by those limits. So, almost $2K might get your farther with speakers or full sized headphones. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #81 of 8,377
Whilst it may, of course, be hyperbole, I was nonetheless intrigued to read the remarks made by John Moulton about his new flagship, the Noble 'Kaiser 10':
(more info, here on Headfi)

"10-drivers working in unison as one results in what is likely the most coherent sound ever produced by a portable audio product."

Obviously, it is in his interest to generate sales for the product, but nonetheless, he is a respected designer of CIEMs, so there seems little reason for him to undermine his reputation by making dubious claims. Therefore, I am willing to suspend my disbelief and give him the benefit of the doubt, that maybe, just maybe, he has indeed managed to achieve an exceptionally coherent sound from 10 BAs (per side).

I'm still more interested in the JHA Roxanne, though. Not because it contains even more BA drivers, but because I anticipate that I will probably prefer the tuning, given that the Heir 8.a is unashamedly boosted in the bass region, which would certainly not be to my taste.

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #82 of 8,377

And you know this from owning se215s and hippo.
confused_face_2.gif
 There some very good technical reasons for vibration cancelling Siamesed drivers so 3 becomes 6 with lower harmonic and intermodulation distortion with no vibration and better dynamic contrast by each working less hard. I guess you aren't aware of the well respected JH5 2 driver unit that's been around forever. Doesn't mean you can't like Fitear better but that was very silly.

Ilike both of them by the way hehe, dont judge people by its IEM :)

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #83 of 8,377

How'd you come to that conclusion?

I have the JH13 Pro (pre-Frephase and Freqphase), the Roxanne prototype, and the FitEar MH334 (custom), and I couldn't disagree more with your post.

I'm a mysterious CIEM Consultant in Headfonia Store and CIEM Fanboy :)

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #84 of 8,377
  Whilst it may, of course, be hyperbole, I was nonetheless intrigued to read the remarks made by John Moulton about his new flagship, the Noble 'Kaiser 10':
(more info, here on Headfi)

"10-drivers working in unison as one results in what is likely the most coherent sound ever produced by a portable audio product."

Obviously, it is in his interest to generate sales for the product, but nonetheless, he is a respected designer of CIEMs, so there seems little reason for him to undermine his reputation by making dubious claims. Therefore, I am willing to suspend my disbelief and give him the benefit of the doubt, that maybe, just maybe, he has indeed managed to achieve an exceptionally coherent sound from 10 BAs (per side).

I'm still more interested in the JHA Roxanne, though. Not because it contains even more BA drivers, but because I anticipate that I will probably prefer the tuning, given that the Heir 8.a is unashamedly boosted in the bass region, which would certainly not be to my taste.

I agree, interested in both the kaiser 10 and the roxannes, but the roxannes are more interesting as of now due to its adjustable bass.

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #85 of 8,377
subbed......just thinking of getting sem6 and now this.....damn !! if i'm getting one, will definitely use a big "12" or "1 dozen" as artwork on each of the sides, not fan of carbon fibre.....$200 more might as well snag another iem.....

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #86 of 8,377
Interesting that both Noble Audio and JH Audio are coming out with super high driver count models within a very close time period. If it were some other brands, say, Alien Ears or something, I'd call it marketing fluff. But Noble (Wizard) and JH are both the type of people where I don't think they would just throw it out there just to play the numbers game. So it should be fun to have so many amazing options from which to choose. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #87 of 8,377
I am sure there is more to this than being the maker with the most drivers in a ciem. There are thoughtful designs in place here, and purpose and intent to the number and placement and style of drivers and the whole crossover and cabling that goes with it. The K10 isn't just a doubled 5.0 and the new JH flagship isn't just a doubled Jh13.
This I truly a renaissance period in iem and custom iem design and sound. Viva la revolution!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back