New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Oct 6, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #62 of 8,377
Lots of hype detected.

Well,driver stacking is never a bad thing for me. IMO,the most important thing I would concern is the implementation.I hope the build quality can as much improve as the price tag.JH audio products' build quality is fairly decent IMHO. I have no interest in the carbon fiber option unless it would affect the sound quality.

Just my 2 cents. 

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #64 of 8,377
I just got rid of my JH16s a couple months ago because I wanted to try something different, and I regret doing so.  I'm really curious about sound signature reports about this and I'll probably end up pulling the trigger on this.

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #65 of 8,377
  Anti-Hype Force Field Engaged --- There are a few questions that need to be answered before we declare Roxanne the Siren of Sirens:
  • First, the bass adjustment knob thingy is essentially a potentiometer. How much noise/IMD/THD does that thing introduce to the sound?
  • Second, if it's a three groups of four drivers, then it's essentially a doubled-up JH13 FP. I'm not saying that quadruplet drivers aren't of benefit (twin motors do indeed significantly reduce vibration, in turn allow for lower distortion), but are they really quadruplet drivers? Or are they two dual drivers attached together in a single group, like the JH16's bass drivers? Also, if it's still a three way system with what I imagine to also be a triple bore outlet, then FreqPhase as an implementation is essentially unchanged.
  • Third, how much more will the new proprietary plug force the faceplate to extend from the sagittal plane (essentially at the mid-clavicular line) --- perhaps that will actually help in enabling JHA to stuff all those drivers in?
  • Last, is that a true carbon fiber layup, or is it a thinly-cured UV shell with a single layer of CF under-wrapped to give the guise of a CF shell? There are lots of different carbon fiber types in different tensile strengths and moduli of elasticity, as well as different patterns of weaves for individual sheets. Different layup techniques require different types of resin and curing. If it is a true CF shell, then how can we ensure that the resin material is hypoallergenic?

wouldnt have it just been easier to say "extend outward laterally"?  

I was wondering the same thing.... what do they mean true CF?  as in a CF skin around normal acrylic molds?

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #66 of 8,377
12 drivers per ear feels gimmicky. I mean I felt that the 6 drivered JH 13 didn't give much of an edge over the single drivered ER4S in my opinion, so who knows how better 12 drivers will be.

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #69 of 8,377
Aftermarket cables are going to be a bitch to make. Will it even be possible?

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #70 of 8,377
Aftermarket cables are going to be a bitch to make. Will it even be possible?

Will it even be necessary?  If the CIEM is tuned with the stock cable and sounds amazing (we hope) out of the stock cable why would we need to change it?

I really like how the cable is reinforced and screwed down where it meets the body of the CIEM.  That means the pins shouldn't bend and that spot will no longer be a point of weakness.

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #71 of 8,377
my first impression as I was watching the video: the fact that this ciem has 24 drivers didn't really bother me either way. It didn't feel like a gimmick, and I didn't feel attracted to it because of the number of drivers in it. Maybe if they would've called it the jh24 it would've sounded much, much more gimmicky to me. Don't get me wrong, I still think the name "Roxanne" blows, but I prefer it to something like the Jh24 or something.

Only when it got part to the new cable and new connector did I feel like "wait a minute, What is this?" It immediately felt like they were doing something different for the sole purpose of being different, harder to copy, reshell, etc. When Jude explains why it is different, and that its design that way for a reason then I felt a bit more at ease with it.

For me as an owner of the old Jh13, and liking it very much btw, anything new coming from JhAudio is very exciting, no matter how many drivers!

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #72 of 8,377
Will it even be necessary?  If the CIEM is tuned with the stock cable and sounds amazing (we hope) out of the stock cable why would we need to change it?

I really like how the cable is reinforced and screwed down where it meets the body of the CIEM.  That means the pins shouldn't bend and that spot will no longer be a point of weakness.

This is headfi, of course it will be necessary :D

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #73 of 8,377
Ah.......But then don't forget the magic Toxic Cables bring in to the equation.....
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #74 of 8,377
But then also that will likely raise the price point toward 2000.....now that's alot of Mooolaaah in any ones language.
Just depends how far your willing to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back