New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Nov 24, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #8,251 of 8,377
Yes, I have excellent fit with the Roxanne IIs as well, but I find it extremely hard to justify the price considering they cost the same as the custom Roxanne in my part of the woods.

The new performance series might just be my saving grace!

I understand. I guess they know that people will pay for a universal version for reasons of ease of reselling, as well as zero waiting time for the custom mold to be made. I like the fact that they are using metal (especially Layla 2 with Titanium) as it is supposed to be more durable than acrylic, probably that close the gap between the universal vs custom.

The backplate issue of Roxanne 2 was probably not what we expected, but probably a smaller problem than cracking connectors or drivers issues. At least, when the blackplate falls out, you can see the 12-drivers inside and the freqphase/piping (check out Noble ones, the hollow Noble Savant discussed in the threads and other websites). A stronger glue should help to create a more permanent bond, and the sound is just outstanding. Maybe better glue alleviates the sound quality too? :)

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #8,252 of 8,377
The Rox V1 fits me well except it looks pretty big on ear. The performance series looks quite promising. Almost tempted to sell my V1 but I like the dark carbon fibre plate tho :frowning2: It is also quite interesting how the price is different from the performance and full metal.

I do think JH is a bit cunning, releasing so many variations within few years time tho but that is the same across most of the companies...

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #8,254 of 8,377
I understand. I guess they know that people will pay for a universal version for reasons of ease of reselling, as well as zero waiting time for the custom mold to be made. I like the fact that they are using metal (especially Layla 2 with Titanium) as it is supposed to be more durable than acrylic, probably that close the gap between the universal vs custom.

The backplate issue of Roxanne 2 was probably not what we expected, but probably a smaller problem than cracking connectors or drivers issues. At least, when the blackplate falls out, you can see the 12-drivers inside and the freqphase/piping (check out Noble ones, the hollow Noble Savant discussed in the threads and other websites). A stronger glue should help to create a more permanent bond, and the sound is just outstanding. Maybe better glue alleviates the sound quality too? :)

It definitely is unfortunate. This would have been my perfect earpiece if it wasnt plagued with the backplate issue.

From my experiments as far as i know, the backplate dont affect the sound much. And in theory it shouldnt since the BA should only vibrate air molecules within the wave guides.

And you're right, i got the customs as a safety net in case i didnt want it. Turns out, i've found my end game. I'm considering the customs though because the v2's built is less ideal than I'd like it to be at such a price point.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #8,255 of 8,377
Does anybody know how the andromeda compare to the roxanne?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back