New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 6, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #8,284 of 8,377
[COLOR=111111]while I collect money for these headphones and I wonder if they are better than Shure Se846?[/COLOR]

You can buy the roxanne from me :)

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #8,286 of 8,377
IMO, Roxanne surpasses SE846 in bass, and soundstage.
SE846 is better in mid, and treble.

I highly doubt anyone who has analytical ears and has listened to both for long periods of time will say the SE846 beats the Roxanne's in the highs. For an in-depth comparison, see here: https://www.cnet.com/news/hear-it-all-jh-audio-roxanne-in-ear-headphones/

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #8,287 of 8,377
I highly doubt anyone who has analytical ears and has listened to both for long periods of time will say the SE846 beats the Roxanne's in the highs. For an in-depth comparison, see here: https://www.cnet.com/news/hear-it-all-jh-audio-roxanne-in-ear-headphones/

I meant clarity in Mid and Treble. Roxanne is awfully muddy sometimes.
ANW, that was just my opinion. I tried SE846 in a very short time and gave them to my girlfriend while I still keep my roxanne.

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #8,288 of 8,377
I really didn't like the SE846. I felt thst it was too muddy and boomy with nonexistant treble. Transparency is just not there and clarity was disappointing.

I tried it at a local dealer and asked for the treble filter as I thought it was using the bass filter and it turns out it was already using the treble filter.

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #8,290 of 8,377
I really didn't like the SE846. I felt thst it was too muddy and boomy with nonexistant treble. Transparency is just not there and clarity was disappointing.

I tried it at a local dealer and asked for the treble filter as I thought it was using the bass filter and it turns out it was already using the treble filter.

What are you using now, after selling your Roxanne?

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #8,291 of 8,377
What are you using now, after selling your Roxanne?

Ordered a pair of Empire Ears Athena VIII.

Picked up a pair of used TripleFi 10s for $100USD meanwhile and is throughly enjoying their sound signature. Can see why it is so beloved on this site.

The slightly V-shaped sound signature is perfect for the genres I listen to.

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #8,292 of 8,377
I think quite a few earphone can easily outperform Roxanne in Mid and Treble clarity . Roxanne's Mid and Treble is quite muddy, high doesn't go as high, but that's not necessary a bad thing depending on what you are listening to. Roxanne was designed for Rock and mid/bass heavy in the first place. When I listened to quite a few earphones during CanJam London, many of them easily has better clarity in Mid/Treble than Roxanne, Noble in particular. But none of the earphones i tried had as much impact and the richness of Mid/Low than Roxanne. Roxanne is truely amazing at the lower frequency. 

There was only 1 earphone that i think it's better than Roxanne out of the many many earphones i tried, that's the JH Layla, it still has the Roxanne richness, but it clearly has better driver for Mid/Treble, so to me, and to the music I am listening to, Layla is the best earphone on the market at the moment. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #8,293 of 8,377
  I think quite a few earphone can easily outperform Roxanne in Mid and Treble clarity . Roxanne's Mid and Treble is quite muddy, high doesn't go as high, but that's not necessary a bad thing depending on what you are listening to. Roxanne was designed for Rock and mid/bass heavy in the first place. When I listened to quite a few earphones during CanJam London, many of them easily has better clarity in Mid/Treble than Roxanne, Noble in particular. But none of the earphones i tried had as much impact and the richness of Mid/Low than Roxanne. Roxanne is truely amazing at the lower frequency. 

There was only 1 earphone that i think it's better than Roxanne out of the many many earphones i tried, that's the JH Layla, it still has the Roxanne richness, but it clearly has better driver for Mid/Treble, so to me, and to the music I am listening to, Layla is the best earphone on the market at the moment. 

Enjoying my Layla too. After doing many auditions including JH Roxanne, Noble K10U, Katana, etc, Layla is the best sounding IEM for me.

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #8,294 of 8,377
Enjoying my Layla too. After doing many auditions including JH Roxanne, Noble K10U, Katana, etc, Layla is the best sounding IEM for me.

How does the roxanne compare to the K10U and the Katana?

I mainly use the roxanne on edm vocals and they sound great because the vocals are whole new level and feels so organic and the bass is amazing. These were a upgrade from audio technica im03.

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #8,295 of 8,377
IMO, Roxanne will outperform SE846 with a decent cable that resolve the muddy mid and high.
I pair them up with Heracles which I found that SE846 got kicked down to lower league.

Holy the Heracles cable cost more then the roxanne itself..... i better see like a 10x improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back