New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Nov 4, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #8,178 of 8,377
Holy cow, the qa of the builds for the universal roxanne 2 are atroucious. In the above posts i mentioned how i encountered roxannes with backplate that fell out. Now my replacement set has yet another issue where the left driver stops working if i were to tighten the cable nut. If i release it, it sounds as per normal. No idea if this is a cable or driver issue, i sure hope its the former.

3 sets of roxannes in 1 week and all had some issue with it.
1 - left driver faceplate fell out
2 - right driver faceplate fell out right out of box
3 - left driver cable/connector cutting off sound.

Im either the unluckiest guy around or roxanne's general qa is pretty bad

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #8,179 of 8,377
Holy cow, the qa of the builds for the universal roxanne 2 are atroucious. In the above posts i mentioned how i encountered roxannes with backplate that fell out. Now my replacement set has yet another issue where the left driver stops working if i were to tighten the cable nut. If i release it, it sounds as per normal. No idea if this is a cable or driver issue, i sure hope its the former.

JH Audio QA is generally bad. I won't spend anymore money on their products, when you pay this much money for something you expect to not have issues like this. I won't waste money on another headphone cable or spend money shipping their faulty product back to them ever again.

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #8,180 of 8,377
apart from the bass not balance between left and right when setting the knot to same level. I also had my left earpiece completely out of sound (80% sound gone) which I had to send it back after owning the custom Roxanne for 3 months. They fixed it without charge of course but still, i would have hope this didn't happen. 

I went to CanJam London this year and tried out a lot of earphones, especially the Nobel product, unfortunately, i don't like their sound signature at all. The only in-ear that sounded better than my custom Roxanne is JH universal Layla. If you are lucky enough to have a 0-issue JH product, i think they are still very good.

Not like I will be spending this much money to upgrade at this point, but if I do have the money and wish to do so, Layla would be my top choice. 

I am sure by the time I wish to upgrade my earphone, something new that suit my listening preference will come out, perhaps from a different company other than JH. 

Nov 4, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #8,182 of 8,377
Wow. I think the store is the unluckiest, as you practically "cleared" all their existing JH Roxanne II stocks in a week.

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #8,183 of 8,377
The moment I saw the second gen of roxanne I knew my first gen will go up in value :D I am still on my first set of stock cable but it is falling apart on one ear tho. Had it since the first release.

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #8,185 of 8,377
Anyway, I'm not happy with Roxanne's build and QA, but I'm really happy with how it sounds. I guess I have no other choice do I?
atsmile.gif

Nov 15, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #8,186 of 8,377
Does anybody know if the angie or layla is upgrade from the roxanne?

Nov 15, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #8,187 of 8,377
Does anybody know if the angie or layla is upgrade from the roxanne?

They are totally different.
Angie is for studio monitoring with less bass emphasize comparing to Layla.
Layla is also for studio monitoring with superior details and clarity comparing to Angie.

Roxanne on the other hand, has a more powerful bass and impact comparing to those two.
Roxanne has less clarity to Layla and could be muddy sometimes.

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #8,188 of 8,377
  They are totally different.
Angie is for studio monitoring with less bass emphasize comparing to Layla.
Layla is also for studio monitoring with superior details and clarity comparing to Angie.

Roxanne on the other hand, has a more powerful bass and impact comparing to those two.
Roxanne has less clarity to Layla and could be muddy sometimes.

Very concise comparison. Thanks!

Have tried all 3. Prefers Roxanne and Layla. Roxanne has a lot of energy and really nice bass (even at low setting) though a little muddy for some songs. Tuned right to max bass and bass overtakes too much. Layla is more balanced and smoother, with good amount of impactful bass at 12 o'clock, and even with full bass setting, it is still good in balance.

Both Roxanne and Layla could get you listening to songs for a long time as they are both very addictive. Better than my JH16pro.

Did audition with Nobel K10U and Katana. Not my cup of tea. Still prefer JH sound signature.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #8,190 of 8,377
  what cable is in your opinion more suitable for these headphones?

Sorry but not a big believer on cable having a difference in sound quality, but for built quality, I used to like Whiplash Twag before it goes crazy in pricing.

For JH sirens series (Angie, Rosie, Roxanne, Layla), I like the Moon Audio Black Dragon as it has literally zero microphonics, with a nice braiding and understated looks. Connectors, molding areas all look very well built.

Can't comment on the sound difference, but the Layla and Roxanne sounds really good, even with just the original cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back