New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Oct 25, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #8,162 of 8,377
Does anyone have experience with the outer face plate of the universal Roxanne II coming out, or getting loose in any way? I got my pair of universal Roxanne II today and the left driver's face plate fell out. Thankfully the local shops are able to do 1 to 1 exchange on this. Now I'm left to wonder if this will ever happen again

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #8,163 of 8,377
I have the stock cable (old version), and the newly bought moon audio black dragon, both behaved the same with left ear having more bass. Which is why I thought it may be because of my own hearing. I was going to book an appointment to have my hearing checkout, but after closely examine the difference, i realize it's not the sound, but the base that's not balanced. 

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #8,164 of 8,377
Ok, after a long day of testing, I am now convinced (at the moment) my hearing is fine. I have adjusted the bass knot to the following:

Right: 3:00
Left: 2:30

They now sounded balance, liked I mentioned before, i thought it's my hearing's problem and when i pan shift the sound to be slightly right, the bass on left ear still appears to be more than right when setting bass knot to be exactly the same. 

With the above setting, i finally feel the vocal to be dead center instead of slightly left. 

It's nice to have some confirmation from other users experiencing the same, you may need to adjust the bass level individually if you want a balanced sound. 

p.s. For anyone using their Android phone as the source, I highly recommend A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems mod. Truly amazing sound improvement that I think improves what is slightly lacking in Roxanne, the treble clarity . 

Oct 26, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #8,166 of 8,377

different sensitivity for each ear maybe?
I also feel it in my left ear got more bass than the right ones.

I too also fell my left ear got more bass than right, when I set the boss level to be same. I always assume it's something to do with my hearing, but lately, i am not too sure. Been testing some other headphone and they seem balanced. So maybe it's my Roxanne.... 

pretty sure just like me.

different sensitivity for each ear maybe?
I also feel it in my left ear got more bass than the right ones.

pretty sure it's not my ear, coming from other IEMs havent had this issue. Did you feel more bass in the Left even when both dial are set to the same position ?

yes, exactly both dial are set to the same level position, the left ear slightly got little more bass then the right ear.

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #8,167 of 8,377
So i just got my universal roxanne ii

And this happened...

Quite unhappy that the left faceplate shell felt a little loose on the touch, and upon wobbling it a little the whole faceplate came out. Thankfully its still within the first 7 days of purchase so i could exchange it.

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #8,168 of 8,377
So i just got my universal roxanne ii

And this happened...

Quite unhappy that the left faceplate shell felt a little loose on the touch, and upon wobbling it a little the whole faceplate came out. Thankfully its still within the first 7 days of purchase so i could exchange it.

Still rocking the V1 universals, 2 years strong! Quite disappointed to see the Roxanne IIs with such poor QC. Especially a product for that price.

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #8,169 of 8,377

​Ditto, my 2+ yrs old V1 universals going strong although on my 4th or 5th cable since. Issue was always sound cutting out after a few months with problem being the area with memory-wire around the ear. Switched from JHA stock cables to Moon-Audio Black Dragons and since then cable issues have stopped. Along with my se846, the Roxannes comprise 80% of my music listening set up (which is mostly on the go).

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #8,170 of 8,377
To be honest, despite the full metal body, the shell of v1 feels more robust with lesser detachable parts (since its one single piece) while the fmj variant is 3 separate parts (backplate, shell, nozzle) seemingly glued together.

And i went down to the shop to do a 1-to-1 exchange last week. While testing and fiddling with the new set, the right driver had the exact same problem. The backplate is wobbly and came loose after shaking it a little.

To be honest, the poor qa of the universal roxanne 2 is worrying me. I should have got a v1 or customs instead on hindsight.

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #8,174 of 8,377
[COLOR=111111]then it is not interesting to me.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=111111]might be interesting when I listen to them more details than he listened for a few minutes.[/COLOR]

I'm not 100% what you said, but I know Jerry Harvey and Jude have both only had great things to say about the 4-pin cable in terms of its sonic superiority over regular 2-pin or MMCX cables. It has 4 so that 1 is dedicated as a ground and 1 for each of lows, mids, and highs.

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #8,175 of 8,377
I'm not 100% what you said, but I know Jerry Harvey and Jude have both only had great things to say about the 4-pin cable in terms of its sonic superiority over regular 2-pin or MMCX cables. It has 4 so that 1 is dedicated as a ground and 1 for each of lows, mids, and highs.

I have no desire to soldering my cable.
if mmcx cable adapter exist then fine with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back